IPS 2017 Round 1 Nick's track

PROXY Racing! A place to post race events, rules, reports & general information.

IPS 2017 Round 1 Nick's track

Postby alexis in greece » Thu Apr 13, 2017 4:49 am

Monday we raced round 1

I was very curious to see the results because i know this track creates surprises,and it was confirmed.Cars with no or poor brakes are punished at the downhill straight,with car #5 you had to lift off before the middle.As a proof of this argument car#25 scored lowest on black lane where downhill straight ends to a tight internal corner.This did not show in qualifying because it was run on one of the 2 middle lanes this is why the prime suspect #25 clocked the best time.
Here are qualy results:

We then proceeded to the race where the big surprise came from #2 6th place and #46 7th place,they were slow on Ninco track with long straights ,proving once more that this track is very friendly to Mack chassis.Another surpise was my car #152 which makes me fear it will not do well on other longer tracks.Opposite surprise #13,last years winner here was only 9th
Here are race results

There have been some casualties:
#68 lost the mirror and one insert,both recovered ,insert will be glued back but mirror is broken
#4 driveshaft bushing (or bearing ?) came loose a few laps into heat 2 resulting in shaft poping up ,it was retired fearing it would chew the crown gear,this explains the low score
#15 could not start heat4,pinion came loose on the drivesheft
#7 one of the rear tires came loose on qualy,was glued back but was out of round resulting in no grip
#2 driver is in strange position after a high speed roll

As you see there is quite some work for the pit crew to get the cars ready for round 2 qualifyng tonight

Here are standings reflecting penalties applied to cars 4,5,6,19,33,86 due to rules infringments,only for this race as problems were fixed ,except car #33

Concours voting
alexis in greece
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Re: IPS 2017 Round 1 Nick's track

Postby Audi1 » Thu Apr 13, 2017 5:54 pm

Thanks for posting the first Round results and pics, too, Alexis

For those of you who are not familiar with the International Proxy Series, it's a very nice proxy series that Alexis runs every years. All racing is ex-North America, so you get to run on some really fun European tracks.

Allan
Audi1
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Return to The HRW Proxy Forum!