Ford/Porche Duplicate Numbers

PROXY Racing! A place to post race events, rules, reports & general information.

Ford/Porche Duplicate Numbers

Postby glasshorsevh » Sun Mar 19, 2017 7:26 am

I am fully on board with the no duplicate numbers rule issued for the Ford/Porsche Proxy (I normally have raced #14 , but Allan beat me to it) and this is just the second year I've been involved with proxy Racing... so I have not recycled any cars yet. I was wondering if there was any good suggestions out there regarding the application of removable numbers? What I mean is does anyone have a good trick that makes a decent looking application of a number that would last the duration of a proxy and have the ability to be removed cleanly for new builds?

Thanks, Val
glasshorsevh
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Re: Ford/Porche Duplicate Numbers

Postby steeveew » Sun Mar 19, 2017 9:58 am

steeveew
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Z-carfan » Sun Mar 19, 2017 10:05 am

Oh now that is a good idea!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Z-carfan
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby glasshorsevh » Sun Mar 19, 2017 11:47 am

Thanks Steve, that would work.. Part of my concern was something that that could be used over acrylics, and I think over the Future Clear, these could do nicely. I believe Pattos has some similar products as well. The only problem that one might encounter is that they would need to be applied to a reasonably flat surface as they would probably not "melt" over an uneven surface well.

Val
Last edited by glasshorsevh on Sun Mar 19, 2017 1:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
glasshorsevh
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Rleog » Sun Mar 19, 2017 1:44 pm

Bruce Paterson, of Patto's Place, offers very thin vinyl "Peel and Stick" decals that I've used. I have not tried to remove any after application but I'm sure that they could be removed if not sealed with something like Future clear coat. They conform fairly well to gentle curves.
Rleog
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Return to The HRW Proxy Forum!