[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4773: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4775: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4776: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4777: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Home Racing World • View topic - Another "Wars" Proxy?

Another "Wars" Proxy?

PROXY Racing! A place to post race events, rules, reports & general information.

Another "Wars" Proxy?

Postby Audi1 » Sun Mar 12, 2017 6:57 pm

Well, the Ford-Ferrari Wars proxy is all over now, the results are in the books and the cars will be in the mail to the builders tomorrow. So........should we think about another one?

I have a couple of thoughts that I'd like to get some feedback on.

First, we could make this sort of a "king of the mountain" series and make the next one Ford vs some other marque - I was thinking Porsche; which would work for the Prototype. GT and TransAm classes. Or, we could make it an all Detroit competition and go Ford vs Chevy in the GT and TransAm classes. Or, we could make it a country challenge; like US vs Germany in the Prototype, Group 7, GT and TransAm classes. Lots of ways to go.

I'm thinking a car due date of October 1, a total car limit of 32 and not more than 2 cars per entrant. Around the world tracks again, rubber or urethane tires, motors limited to 22k rpm manufacturers spec or less, interiors/glass, no open wheel cars, and everything else pretty much open.

So, what do you think?

Allan
Audi1
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Re: Another "Wars" Proxy?

Postby Brumos RSR » Sun Mar 12, 2017 7:27 pm

You had me at Porsche, now to narrow it down to 2 and get ready for war. GT, Trans Am or Prototype 64-72
Brumos RSR
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby arroldn » Sun Mar 12, 2017 9:07 pm

Keep the proxies coming, I'm in.
Now to build a better car.

Arrold
arroldn
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby clivearmstrong74 » Sun Mar 12, 2017 10:40 pm

YES YES YES!! CARacing would be interested....Porsche this time round, or will we settle with a GT40...???

Cheers
Clive
clivearmstrong74
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby BARC 1 » Mon Mar 13, 2017 12:39 am

I would be in for sure. I am a Porsche fan, but would prepare a car for whatever is decided
BARC 1
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby gascarnut » Mon Mar 13, 2017 8:24 am

For me, the big attraction of the FFW was the historic theme, so personally I would like that to continue in some form.

After Ford and Ferrari battled it out at LeMans, the next big rivalry was probably Ferrari and Porsche, but given the number of entries we got in the Ford section of the FFW, perhaps we can stretch history a bit and run Ford vs Porsche over roughly the same period as we ran the FFW. There are certainly enough Porsche models to go round.

I would like to see this proxy stick with the LeMans/FIA sports cars. The other classes are already quite well represented in other proxies.

Just my $0.02 of course.
gascarnut
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Aloha » Mon Mar 13, 2017 8:01 pm

Allan,
F vs F was a great success as I am sure all would agree.
I would follow with Dennis' statement and love to see the Ford vs Porsche marques face off ... it would be epic!
The time period would be interesting to see what everyone thinks.
Look forward to the outcome.
Aloha
Dale
Aloha
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby bigman » Mon Mar 13, 2017 9:51 pm

:auto-driving: Guys :text-goodpost:
I'm pretty green to this type of racing :violin:
What brand of cars are we talking, Fly, Sideways, Carrera ??? :?:
But the sounds like a good time :auto-driving: :auto-checkeredflag: :auto-driving:
Plenty of blue oval boys out there and who doesn't own or like Porsches. :laughing-rolling:

bigman :flags-waveusa: BIG Fan
bigman
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Brumos RSR » Mon Mar 13, 2017 11:13 pm

Keeping with the same rules as the F vs F, any make any model 1960-1975. We know there will be a ton of GT40 cars but the Porsche cars will vary greatly. Either way I'm in with a Porsche if you couldn't tell. But for the record I owned several 5.0, 5.? Mustangs in my day
Brumos RSR
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Audi1 » Thu Mar 16, 2017 5:52 am

OK, thanks for the feedback.

Let's make it Ford vs. Porsche Wars and leave the inclusive dates for the cars at 1960-1975.

That brings in a lot of Porsches! Of the straight racing cars, such as the Le Mans-type cars, you have:

Porsche 718 - intro '58 (still racing well into the '60's)
Porsche 904 - intro '63
Porsche 906 - intro '66
Porsche 907 - intro '68
Porsche 908 - intro '68
Porsche 910 - intro '67
Porsche 917 - intro '69

But, we're still left with only a small number of Fords that ran during that period:

Ford Cobra - intro '62
Ford GT-40 - intro '64
Ford P68 - intro '68

However, I guess the way that the GT-40's performed last season; both the NSR's and the Slot.It's (finishing 1st, 2nd and 3rd), I should be too concerned about that - right! ;)

I'm less sure about how to handle the "street" Porsches that raced during that period of time (including at races like Le Mans). They are:

356 - still racing actively in the first half of the '60's
911 - intro '65
914 - intro '70

Maybe we should just leave them out, but they are a fun group of cars to build and run...........

So, a little more feedback on the street Porsches, please. Thanks!

And while you're at it, think a little about the Ford Mustang; introduced in '64, but never ran in the big sports car races like Le Mans. As others have said, they're well represented in other proxies, such as the current TransAm proxy, but there's a lot of attraction to the Mustang and it's certainly a street Ford, that fits with the street Porsches................. Thoughts?

Allan
Audi1
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby BARC 1 » Thu Mar 16, 2017 6:09 am

I would leave out the street cars if you are looking for opinions.
BARC 1
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Brumos RSR » Thu Mar 16, 2017 9:26 am

I would agree Street Wars Proxy can occur down the road. I do have a couple of 914s I'm dying to race in proxies.
Brumos RSR
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby bigman » Thu Mar 16, 2017 10:25 am

Guys
I'd leave the street cars out as well.
AS many fine road racings Porsche FANS out there it shouldn't be a problem. :auto-driving: :auto-driving: :auto-driving: :auto-driving: :auto-driving:

We could have a Street Wars Proxy Chevy/Ford someday :auto-driving: :auto-checkeredflag: :auto-driving:

bigman :flags-waveusa:
bigman
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Audi1 » Fri Mar 17, 2017 3:23 pm

OK, thanks for the feedback, we'll leave the street Porsches and Fords out of this War.

Look for a Rules/Registration post on the Ford-Porsche Wars Proxy in the next couple of days. Rules will be very similar to the Ford-Ferrari Wars proxy, since those seemed to work well for almost everyone. Let's see if the Stuttgart Horses are up for taking on the Detroit Blue Oval cars..................

Allan
Audi1
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby mrollingthunder » Sat Jul 29, 2017 11:12 pm

mrollingthunder
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Next

Return to The HRW Proxy Forum!