NASCAR Proxy

PROXY Racing! A place to post race events, rules, reports & general information.

NASCAR Proxy

Postby GTOking » Wed Feb 22, 2017 3:01 pm

Hello Racers!
The DaVols Forum Cup Proxy (DFCP) has openings for car entries for the upcoming 2017 season. If you enjoy 1/32 scale NASCAR themed oval slot car racing this proxy may be for you. The DFCP has posted rules, a good schedule and is created for slot racing fun with fellow enthusiasts. Registration began today and space is limited, so if you have an interest post here or send a pm to me.

The DFCP is also looking for new track hosts, post or contact me for that as well.
GTOking
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Re: NASCAR Proxy

Postby arroldn » Thu Mar 02, 2017 2:02 am

OK all you NASCAR fans. Get signed up for the DaVols Forums Cup Proxy. This proxy is in its ninth year and last year we had the most entries ever at 26. There are 2 divisions 1) COY Scaley, SCX pre COT cars. Car must use 21.5K Slot.it or 21.5K Piranha motor. 2) COT Scaley, SCX, Carrera. Unlimited motor. Can use a podded chassis from CGSlots or other available source. I guess you could even graft a pod into a chassis. This is new for 2017 in the COT class.

So get those cars started and sign up. Racing rules and updates on SCI Forum. If you have an oval track and would like to host you can do that as well. This is an all oval series.

Arrold
arroldn
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Aloha » Thu Mar 02, 2017 11:13 am

I had the chance to enter for the first time last year sight unseen. First there was a great amount old information shared from the past posts and pictures on car builds so a first timer will have lots of data to review. Secondly, there was great support from the fellow racers in some constructive pointers. Thirdly there was great coverage of the events with both pictures and video feeds from most of the tracks. Fourthly, there is some great traditions that have played out over the years from the founder to people like Old Jaybird who have been great resources. Two different classes; Cars of Yesterday- pretty much a spec class with two popular motors and Cars of Tomorrow where much more creativity can be displayed. So finally, there are followers of NASCAR from all around the world so please get involved I really think you will enjoy it. Have fun!
Aloha
Dale
Aloha
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby midagekid1 » Sat Mar 04, 2017 9:57 am

I would be very interested in entering. When would it start? Also, where would find the rules? I have only entered one other proxy so all the help I could get would be appreciated.
midagekid1
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby GTOking » Sat Mar 04, 2017 11:52 am

Hi midagekid1, you can find rules and information for the 2017 season at slotcarillustrated.com/portal/forums in the Race Events and Proxy Racing section and in the sub forum Forums Cup-Nascar Proxy. The season will start in mid May. We are also on facebook at DaVols Forum Cup Slot Car Proxy. Look it all over and contact me with any questions.
GTOking
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Mitch58 » Sat Mar 04, 2017 1:23 pm

I'll probably enter a car also, I have a couple of Artin cars that have been in a box under the workbench for a couple of years, I'll look up the rules and get one set up.
Mitch58
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Return to The HRW Proxy Forum!