[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4773: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4775: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4776: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4777: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Home Racing World • View topic - Status of Indy proxy

Status of Indy proxy

PROXY Racing! A place to post race events, rules, reports & general information.

Status of Indy proxy

Postby btaylor » Thu Dec 15, 2016 7:35 am

Guy's. I have yet to run the other lanes with the Indy cars. The weather has been crazy here, and my track is in the garage. Its been either flooding or freezing around here for nearly two weeks!.
Anybody have a problem with the holdup on this end? If so, I can send them to the next track. I think Todd expressed interest in running them?
Please let me know, as I really don't want to ship them during the holiday rush for the safety of the cars.
I still very much want to complete my leg of the proxy!

Bob
btaylor
Uncle Bob

Re: Status of Indy proxy

Postby pastor bubba » Thu Dec 15, 2016 7:59 am

I don't have a car in this so my opinion doesn't matter, but for information, I have had a package taken off of my porch and the mailman said they are having a lot of trouble right now because somebody is casing and waiting for packages to be dropped off. I am assuming that it is happening elsewhere as well and would hate for the box to disappear with the cars in it.
pastor bubba
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Audi1 » Thu Dec 15, 2016 8:12 am

Keep them and run them in the other lanes, Bob. There's no timeline that I know of, so run them when you can.

Allan
Audi1
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby btaylor » Thu Dec 15, 2016 8:51 am

btaylor
Uncle Bob

Postby chappy » Thu Dec 15, 2016 10:46 am

Keep them there Bob and run them when you can.
They are there to be raced now , and shipping at this time is pointless and risky.
No rush, enjoy them.
The other Bob
chappy
Minister of Slot Racing

Postby chappy » Sat Mar 18, 2017 10:36 am

Guys i think due to the length of time this proxy has been going on, and the fact that i have a series up here I can run as an early open wheeler, i will ask for,the return of my entry.
Im not sure where they are, but if whoever has them could send mine home, i would appreciate it.
Thanks for the runs , but its time to come home.
Bob
chappy
Minister of Slot Racing

Postby Audi1 » Sat Mar 18, 2017 1:49 pm

This is really too bad; particularly given the work that went in to some of these cars. But, if we can't finish the Round or if there is no interest in running these cars at other ovals, then I don't think we have any alternative to what Chappy has proposed.

Allan
Audi1
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby btaylor » Sun Mar 19, 2017 9:06 am

Sorry guy,s i have them, and just dropped the ball. I had been building my track and got severly sidetracked! I will get them sent home.
Bob
btaylor
Uncle Bob

Postby chappy » Sun Mar 19, 2017 9:17 am

Cheers Bob, no worries, stuff happens, but i can use it in the home open wheel series.
Thanks
Bob
chappy
Minister of Slot Racing

Postby btaylor » Sun Mar 19, 2017 9:24 am

My four cars and Shotgun Daves cars are coming with yours. we had decided to donate them to you early on.
So I hope you can use some of them in that series!
Again, sorry for the major delay, there is no excuse on my part.

Bob
btaylor
Uncle Bob

Postby chappy » Sun Mar 19, 2017 11:00 am

Bob , anď Dave , i am really appreciative of your gesture its great , in fact fantastic.
And to be sure,,, there is no need for any explanation or anything. Stuff Happens.
Been there myself , many a time.
And again my thanks.
Bob
chappy
Minister of Slot Racing

Postby glasshorsevh » Sun Mar 19, 2017 11:32 am

All is good on my end. That car was built specifically for that series and I want to see them run as much as possible. Besides that, the Lotus 38 is the only one I've proxied so far that is not bringing up the rear...

Val
glasshorsevh
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby chappy » Mon May 08, 2017 8:32 pm

Well the Indy proxy has come to a close with so e fi e raci g on the Ontario Riverslide trioval.
What a fantastic opportunity to see and ru these cars. All were built with good detail and decent runners. Some just a bit more decent than others.
Wasps , Lotus, Novis etc all fun and all just a bit different in characteristics.
Some ran on 4 wheels , some liked to tricycle, others bicycle but all a blast to run. Some of the innovative designs were just fantastic to study.
Anyway here are the results.
1) #23 153 laps , fast lap 3.198
2) #70 148 laps " " 3.268
3) #17 139 laps " " 3.613
4) #40 137 laps " " 3.658
5) #62 129 laps " " 3.934
6) #5 125 laps " " 3.963
7) #9 123 laps " " 4.062
8) #32 121 laps " " 3.741
9) # 19 117 laps " " 4.267.

Inspection uncovered a few minor details such as tire rub etc which were all fixed and part of the pre race prep so i do feel we got the best out of the cars.
Thanks for the priveledge to drive these mini masterpieces. They will now be heading home.

Cheers everybody.
Bob
chappy
Minister of Slot Racing

Postby glasshorsevh » Tue May 09, 2017 6:36 am

Wow, That's a great result for a Tiny Alice car! ...although it was Dan Gurney driving... Not sure even he could help our Trans-Am entry. Thanks so much for giving these cars one more run Bob.

Val
Last edited by glasshorsevh on Tue May 09, 2017 10:14 am, edited 1 time in total.
glasshorsevh
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby btaylor » Tue May 09, 2017 8:16 am

Yes Sir! thanks for running them Bob!
Those are some great cars.

Bob
btaylor
Uncle Bob

Next

Return to The HRW Proxy Forum!