[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4773: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4775: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4776: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4777: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Home Racing World • View topic - 100 Years of Indy Invades MN

100 Years of Indy Invades MN

PROXY Racing! A place to post race events, rules, reports & general information.

100 Years of Indy Invades MN

Postby Gameover » Fri Nov 25, 2016 2:22 pm

Good afternoon. I hope you all enjoyed some delicious food and family and friend time yesterday. I sure did!! Today the Indy proxy cars rolled in. I have family in town so not sure what day or time ill be running these gorgious cars, but ill get it all wrapped up and get them in the mail monday.

Stay tuned folks!
Gameover
Mr. Hubcaps

Re: 100 Years of Indy Invades MN

Postby Gameover » Sat Nov 26, 2016 1:32 pm

Quick update.....

Running errands with the wonderful wife then ill be hime to run this proxy!!
After its ran ill be building my new paint booth and working on a few cars!
Gameover
Mr. Hubcaps

Postby chappy » Sat Nov 26, 2016 8:38 pm

Ah yes , a man with good priorities. Lol
Bob
chappy
Minister of Slot Racing

Postby Gameover » Sat Nov 26, 2016 11:02 pm

Im back! Everything is ran and tallied!

Give me a few minutes and pics and positions will be up!
Gameover
Mr. Hubcaps

Postby Gameover » Sat Nov 26, 2016 11:09 pm

Qualifying

1. #40 3.36
2. #23 3.40
3. #18 3.50
4. #70 3.57
5. #98 3.60
6. #62 3.62
7. #5 3.82
8. #17 3.83
9. #32 3.95
10. #19 3.96
11. #9 4.49
Gameover
Mr. Hubcaps

Postby Gameover » Sat Nov 26, 2016 11:16 pm

Thank MNFordguy for coming to help! We ran all 4 lanes tonight for a minute and a half each. These where very fun cars to run!!

Ill work on impressions tomorrow before i box em up. Btaylor sent 4 cars but i seemed to loose the merc........ sorry bob!

1. #23 109 laps
2. #17 108 laps fast lap of 2.873
3. #70 108 laps fast lap of 2.973
4. #18 106 laps
5. #40 105 laps
6. #5 103 laps
7. #9 102 laps
8. #62 89 laps
9. #98 87 laps
10. #19 86 laps
11. #32 82 laps

Gameover
Mr. Hubcaps

Postby Retro Racer 44 » Sun Nov 27, 2016 1:54 am

Thanks guys;

Great to see these cars running again. When I saw Parnelli on the pole, I got excited, but then I scrolled down to the result. It seems that #40 may still be having $5 bearing issues, eh?

Good run everyone.

Keith
Retro Racer 44
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Audi1 » Sun Nov 27, 2016 6:02 am

Thanks for running these cars, GO! Congrats to the cars at the pointy end of the field. :text-bravo:

Will be interesting to see the driving impressions.

Allan
Audi1
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby glasshorsevh » Sun Nov 27, 2016 8:13 am

Unbelievable! Our substitute driver brought the number 17 lotus in at second! Although, it was Dan Gurney... Guess we really shouldn't be surprised. I was happy enough just to have these cars run again, but to place in the number 2 position? This was a first attempt at an open wheel racer and everything was a really tight fit. The driver's seat was made of lead to try to get some weight into it.

Thanks guys for keeping this one alive!! Val
glasshorsevh
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Gameover » Sun Nov 27, 2016 11:18 am

No problem guys. I was super excited about getting to run these! I wanted to build one but work got in my way along with kids in sports.

Some cars really like the inside lanes, same cars didnt care for the outside. Stay tuned for the impressions
Gameover
Mr. Hubcaps

Postby Gameover » Sun Nov 27, 2016 7:44 pm

Alright folks. Now that i have ya on the edge of your seats....

My impressions....
#9 smooth handles great, seams to lack power.
#32 slow. Very very smooth! Slides like its on ice in the corners.
#62 Handles great! Looks even better!
#18. This is my favorite car of the bunch and would love to be able to build this great. This car all around is great. It might or might not be packed back up......
#70 fast and smooth. Loved the outside lanes!
#17 absolutely loved the inside lanes!! Was a blast to drive.
#5 runs great. Noisy but runs great!
#19 bouncy runs ok. Looks great!!!
#23 my second favorite car of the bunch. Love this one too. Nice work chappy!! Super smooth and very punchy. It handles its power great!!
#40 very smooth. Fast but weighs a bit. Prolly more the. Its competition.
#98 very bouncy. Tires prolly need to be trued. Bounces so bad it loses contact with track. I tried different approaches with brushes but could remedy it. Other wise seemed to run pretty good.

These two are my picks for my favorites. I simply love this pair. If in fact the owners dont want these..... I DO! Send em my way :)
Gameover
Mr. Hubcaps

Postby Audi1 » Mon Nov 28, 2016 5:57 am

Did you run the race at 12V? 12V on Carrera would definitely make the #32 slide out in the turns.

I agree with your top picks! :handgestures-thumbup: :handgestures-thumbup:

Allan
Audi1
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Gameover » Mon Nov 28, 2016 7:17 am

Allen yes 12 volts carrera track.
Gameover
Mr. Hubcaps

Postby Gameover » Mon Nov 28, 2016 9:34 am

Cars will ship tomorrow. I have em all packed up and at work with me. Now ill need to repack em so i can get matt his car back.
Gameover
Mr. Hubcaps

Postby Audi1 » Mon Nov 28, 2016 6:48 pm

Audi1
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Next

Return to The HRW Proxy Forum!