Online Racing Series.

PROXY Racing! A place to post race events, rules, reports & general information.

Online Racing Series.

Postby BARC 1 » Thu Sep 22, 2016 10:56 am

Back over a decade ago I used to participate in something called the Online Racing Series. Reading David's Blog over on the RMS site, I see he too participated in this.

Got me thinking how many other guys remember or participated in this series.

The way it worked was you submitted a race time. The times was run through an algorithm and through the magic of math car placings were determined. The trick was to run consistent laps and the more consistent the lap time the higher you placed. Good thing was it didn't matter what scale you modeled in you could race. The system had its flaws, but if you just relaxed and had fun with it, it was something to look forward to doing with a slot car. You can then watch the race on a file that had crude graphic representation of cars.

I really enjoyed it. Our races were scheduled along with the F1 calendar, and it gave you a reason to routinely pull out a car and race it. Personally I hyped the heck out of my team(BORG Racing) and adopted Jery Ryan as the team principle. I was, and am, a Trek fan and Ms Ryan was perhaps the most striking character at the time, playing a BORG hybrid Human. When that series ended, I kind of lost my mojo for slotcars and ended up drifting into something else. I guess it was like a proxy race. Gave some purpose to building cars.

Chris Moellering was the guy who set it up. He was a Pastor in the US military and got shipped out. The series ended with his departure.( or that is the way I remember it).

Now that I am retired, I am trying to find out who knows about how the race times were compiled and manipulated. If I could discover the engine that manipulated the files I would try and resurrect this Series.

So this is just a shout out to anyone who might have known or participated in this.

For old times sake. Looks like 14 yeas ago by the date on the poster. At that time I had a routed 3 lane wood track.

BARC 1
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Return to The HRW Proxy Forum!