[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4773: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4775: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4776: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4777: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Home Racing World • View topic - 100 Years of Indy proxy, first race results posted!

100 Years of Indy proxy, first race results posted!

PROXY Racing! A place to post race events, rules, reports & general information.

Re: 100 Years of Indy proxy is live now!!

Postby Retro Racer 44 » Sun Sep 11, 2016 9:53 pm

So, I watched the whole thing and followed it really well. I still don't know how to post comments on the side, but maybe that is because I don't tweet.

Great job, Dave, and thanks for the comments about my cars. I like to build smooth runners, but sometimes that means they aren't fast. I never did catch whose car the speediest one was, but I can find that when you post the numbers with the names.

Allan, I am amazed how well that Wasp runs. A while back I posted a "You did it" reply, but you really did. Of course it goes too fast for scale, but so do most slot cars, and it looked great going around Dave's track. I am surprised it didn't roll over all the time. Looks like you already have a winner for the 1911 Indy Fun Run. Well done!

Great race, Dave, and thanks,

Keith
Retro Racer 44
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby chappy » Sun Sep 11, 2016 10:01 pm

Well Dave its midnight here now, andnit was well worthnthe wait. You did a fantastic job as is your standard.
I am really surprised the way the car ran, i think,i had it geared perfect for your track, but there is a lot more to go,yet.
It sure ran better in your hands than in mine.
I really took my time on the tires and gearing on this one.
I guess i am learning a bit more each time.

18 k motor, but no one said only one Glass lol
Bob
chappy
Minister of Slot Racing

Postby glasshorsevh » Sun Sep 11, 2016 10:09 pm

Nope... not the only one, the Lotus had a discontinued MH in it, but it didn't seem to help against the Offys and Turbines. Wasp to Lotus, I think that was a pretty fair representation... Again, Way fun!

Val
glasshorsevh
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Re: 100 Years of Indy proxy, first race in the books!

Postby Audi1 » Mon Sep 12, 2016 4:47 am

As a sleepy-headed East Coaster, I missed the live feed. Good to hear that the Wasp remained upright throughout the race and was fun to drive. Congrats to everyone who participated in this race!

Allan
Audi1
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby chappy » Mon Sep 12, 2016 7:33 am

Allan your Wasp was not only a concours car but a great runner too.
Very impressive to watch . And yes ,i am still yawning this morning.
But it was a great show. I think all the cars looked very good actually.
This should be a good series.
Bob
chappy
Minister of Slot Racing

Postby glasshorsevh » Mon Sep 12, 2016 11:40 am

Anytime...anywhere...

Val
glasshorsevh
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby btaylor » Mon Sep 12, 2016 11:58 am

I can, and will make time for these babies! I have about twenty proxy cars to ship out right now, but the track is still hot!

Bob
btaylor
Uncle Bob

Postby btaylor » Mon Sep 12, 2016 12:19 pm

No matter here. The longer I have, the cooler it gets in the shop! but im good either way.

Bob
btaylor
Uncle Bob

Postby Audi1 » Mon Sep 12, 2016 12:42 pm

Dave, is there a way to see your live stream at this point (was it saved as an accessable video file, etc.)? I'd love to see it, if it's available.

Allan
Audi1
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Retro Racer 44 » Mon Sep 12, 2016 1:23 pm

Hi Dave:

I am running behind on finishing my track. If it was just the oval it would be finished, as the lanes were routed over a month ago. Problem is that I decided to go fancy and made a SLOP track in the infield, and even more complicated, I am making a lift out to turn the three oval lanes plus the SLOP lane into one continuous road course lane. All this on a 4x8 of MDF. The last month has been hot here and the routing is being done outside at Luf's, which is close to an hour's drive from here, so co-ordination has been lacking. I hope to get it finished within the next month, bring it home and wire it up. I would love to be able to run the Indy cars on it, but not yet.

I was thinking yesterday how well these would run on the oval at Mark's Model World, and even at the boss's if he was interested in giving them a go. I say give them all the races they can handle.

This is the 100th running after all.

Cheers,

Keith
Retro Racer 44
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby chappy » Mon Sep 12, 2016 3:27 pm

Hi Dave, Riverslide in Canada is ready to host the Indy Cars anytime you are ready.
The track is long finished and ready to go.
All the best
Bob
chappy
Minister of Slot Racing

100 Years of Indy proxy, first race results posted!

Postby Z-carfan » Mon Sep 12, 2016 7:20 pm

Dave, if i had a timing system for my 4x8 oval I would.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Z-carfan
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Re: 100 Years of Indy proxy, first race results posted!

Postby Z-carfan » Mon Sep 12, 2016 7:27 pm

Z-carfan
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby TuscoTodd » Mon Sep 12, 2016 8:07 pm

Mike - will do!
At this point, all I can tell you is that it will be October - but as things start to gel, I'll be sure to let you know! :D
TuscoTodd
HRW Bouncer

Postby Audi1 » Tue Sep 13, 2016 4:57 am

Thanks for posting the results, Dave. Congrats to Chappy and Retro Racer 2X on their podium finishes! :handgestures-thumbup:

Allan
Audi1
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

PreviousNext

Return to The HRW Proxy Forum!