[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4773: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4775: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4776: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4777: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Home Racing World • View topic - Worldwide Digital Proxy

Worldwide Digital Proxy

PROXY Racing! A place to post race events, rules, reports & general information.

Re: Worldwide Digital Proxy

Postby b.yingling » Tue May 17, 2016 10:32 am

Sounds good. The 3 car limit is fine. Could even allow a solo host to run every car with two ghosts. (Which is the direction I am now leading. Gives a very fair test of each cars capabilities, while including digital features.)
Worth noting that d132 'wall warts' are 14.8 volts. You really don't want to run less than that if you want your lane changers and all accessories to work reliably.
b.yingling
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Czar » Wed May 18, 2016 6:27 am

Now that everything is beginning to fall into place, we would like to send out an invitation to other drivers/tuners that would like to participate in the Worldwide Digital Proxy.
If you have a digital track with timing, and would like to host a round, that would be great also.
Deadline for sign-ups is June 15th, and cars are due by July 2nd, so there is still plenty of time to prepare your entry.
Every car that enters will receive an 8.5 x 11 certificate, suitable for framing, with a photograph of their entry and a summary of the car's performance in the proxy.
The $25 entry fee includes a $10 donation for HRW. The rest of the money will be used to pay for shipping the cars. If there should be any money left over from shipping, it will be donated to HRW.
There will be a full accounting at the end of the proxy.
Czar
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby R/TRandy » Wed May 18, 2016 4:24 pm

Czar,
Don't forget to add my track to the list of host tracks.
When would you like us to start sending our entry Fees?
R/TRandy
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Czar » Wed May 18, 2016 6:17 pm

Everyone can send entry fee (PayPal gift, or check) when you send your car. As I said, the fees are for shipping and to show support for HRW, so no need to send the money until the race. BTW, for anyone who has concerns, we (Burrell and I) have done this before with the Abecedarian Proxy. At the end of the race there was a complete accounting for the money sent via PM to all the racers. References available upon request. Glad to add your track to the list, Randy.
Czar
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby dw5555 » Thu May 19, 2016 1:18 pm

Maybe you should edit the thread name to "Worldwide Carrera Digital Proxy" so as not to get the Scaley guys all excited...LOL
dw5555
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby R/TRandy » Thu May 19, 2016 7:09 pm

I was thinking about how the cars will shipped from track to track, getting bounced around.
The connectors/plugs can sometimes come apart. I wondering if it would be ok to hot glue the
wires at the chip. Maybe shrink tube around the connecters or eliminate the connecters.
This is more of a dependability upgrade rather than a performance upgrade. What do you think?
Randy
R/TRandy
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby TuscoTodd » Thu May 19, 2016 8:35 pm

TuscoTodd
HRW Bouncer

Postby Burrell » Thu May 19, 2016 9:12 pm

Burrell
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Re: Worldwide Digital Proxy (Carrera)

Postby Czar » Fri May 20, 2016 5:35 am

I see no problem with allowing the chip connections to be re-inforced. Actually, this should be another step in blue pritning a digital car. I didn't think about it, since we are using Carrera cars, but when I chip a car I always shield the connections with shrink wrap. Thanks for bring this up, Randy. I will add this to the blue printing definition.
Czar
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby BARC 1 » Sun May 22, 2016 8:35 am

My questions are about the cars that are going to be entered

1. Are Fantasy Paint schemes allowed
2. Can bushings be replaced with bearings?
3 Drivers name on the door? If fantasy schemes are allowed could this mean builders name?

Cheers

I am a 143 guy but happen to have a 132 Carrera Porsche that I could tune up for this. D132 cars can be run on my track as well so I have a place to test my effort.
BARC 1
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby b.yingling » Sun May 22, 2016 9:08 am

The first post in the thread:
"Burell and I encourage any and all entrants to do a custom paint/livery on their cars. Go ahead and show off your talent and make your car as unique as you want."

Not the rule maker- but bushings cannot be replaced by bearings. No longer a stock Carrera GT car if you do.

Pretty sure the rule that reads 'driver's name on the chassis' really does mean builder's name on the chassis. Not sure where you read driver's name on the door?
b.yingling
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby BARC 1 » Sun May 22, 2016 10:23 am

OK that clears it up. Custom could mean( to me anyway) not something factory stamped, but still a protypical livery. "Name" issue was a misread by myself. When I read Driver I just jumped to the conclusion it was a name on the door. So basically just make sure you name is on the car somewhere.

I'll get started on something and have it ready. OK so stock is stock, so I guess I will cast some urethane tires and get the body painted.

Cheers

Dan
BARC 1
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Czar » Sun May 22, 2016 10:23 am

Timely post, again, as I have to beg a slight variation from "box stock" for my entry. More on that in a second.

1. Yes, fantasy paint and livery are not only acceptable, but encouraged.
2. Since it is a "box stock" race, bushings CAN NOT be replaced with ball bearings, or anything else that did not come with the car.
3. Driver's name is kind of up to you. We need to be able to identify each car and know who entered the car, and where to send it home after the race. If you do a fantasy livery and paint a driver's name anywhere on the car, that is fine. If it is the entrant's name (real or screen name) I don't think there is a need to also put your name on the bottom of the chassis. If the driver's name is historic, or fictitious, the owner's name must be on the bottom of the chassis.

Now, my "box stock" issue. The car I want to enter is made in a racing livery. However, my LHS only has the car in a street livery. I would like to add a spoiler/wing to the street car. The wing will come from my "leftover parts" box. While technically this breaks the box stock rule, I do not think it violates the spirit of the rule. If any of the participants feels this is not acceptable, let me know and I will race the car as it comes, sans wing, but with number, etc. Since the wings do not really add to aerodynamics on these cars, this is primarily a question of appearances. I do not want to step onto a slippery slope here so if you object, it won't hurt my feelings. I would certainly extend this same flexibility to anyone else.

Keep the questions coming.

Barc 1, I will add your name to list of entries. Happy to have you on board.
Czar
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby BARC 1 » Sun May 22, 2016 12:32 pm

I am using a stock Carrera Porsche GT3. Will remove the magnets, fine tune the braids, add some weight, do some custom casting of tires and see how it does.

Cheers

Dan
BARC 1
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Burrell » Mon May 23, 2016 8:33 am

I wanted to make a couple of notes:

REGARDING FANTASY LIVERIES

While fantasy liveries are allowed and encouraged, it is NOT REQUIRED. If someone doesn't have the time, knowledge, or just doesn't want to do a custom paint job, do not worry. You are still welcome to enter a car with factory livery.

REGARDING GHOST CARS

Each host that has less than 3 drives should provide a ghost car for their race. We only request that it comes as close to a GT model as possible. Try to use a car that looks like it belongs with the race field (i.e., no '57 Chevies). However, we're not asking that anyone go out a purchase a car. Just try to use something that you already own that is a GT or comes close.
Burrell
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

PreviousNext

Return to The HRW Proxy Forum!