[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 429: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4773: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4775: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4776: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4777: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Home Racing World • View topic - Worldwide Digital Proxy

Worldwide Digital Proxy

PROXY Racing! A place to post race events, rules, reports & general information.

Re: Worldwide Digital Proxy

Postby Z-carfan » Thu Feb 02, 2017 3:32 pm

Glad to see the runs get done. Hmm not bad for me in the last race, (I mean first race) but need to work on my overall standings.
Being a analog to digital conversion I too had no lights. Hopefully there will be a 2nd digital proxy, this one worked out the bugs I think.

Do the drivers have any comments for my Ferrari 458? Slow, heavy, crap tires? Too fast to control? :lol: I need some suggestions to make it better.

thanks for running them gang!
Z-carfan
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby buspor63 » Sat Feb 04, 2017 5:37 pm

buspor63
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Burrell » Sun Feb 05, 2017 7:11 pm

Nice video! It was a fun day of racing.

I hope to have a date for the final race very soon.
Burrell
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Burrell » Mon Feb 06, 2017 6:41 pm

Ok, the final race date has been set. We will complete the inaugural Worldwide Digital Proxy on Friday, February 17th.
Burrell
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Czar » Mon Feb 06, 2017 7:23 pm

Thanks for posting the video Buspor! That was a lot of fun. That lurid slide at 1:15 is outstanding!
Czar
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby TuscoTodd » Tue Feb 07, 2017 8:41 am

Great video! Thanks for sharing!
:banana-dance:
TuscoTodd
HRW Bouncer

Postby Z-carfan » Tue Feb 07, 2017 11:42 am

Ha HA!!!, loved seeing my 458 give that car the 'chrome horn'.
Hope there was no major damage, these Carrera cars are bullet proof. Great video buspor!!!
Z-carfan
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Burrell » Thu Feb 16, 2017 6:47 pm

Burrell
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Burrell » Fri Feb 17, 2017 3:29 pm

The last race is complete! I'll be working on tallying the final results and updating the final standings soon. In the meantime, here are photos I took of the cars on the starting grid. They are placed in order of standings going into the final race.

Burrell
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Josh S » Fri Feb 17, 2017 4:18 pm

That is awesome! I look forward to hearing of the results. Did you happen to get any video?
Josh S
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Burrell » Fri Feb 17, 2017 5:57 pm

Thanks Josh. We've had some growing pains and learned a lot during this proxy, but I think that it has been a success overall. I want to do another one if everyone is game. Unfortunately I did not do any video. I'm not good at remembering to do that on race day. I didn't even snap any photos of the guys racing.

First of all are the results of the last race. We had some interesting results. When looking at the overall standing, Lancelotalove has done really well in every race except the one we ran on Czar's track to start the proxy. I was starting to think that we did something wrong or recorded the wrong results. But, unfortunately for Lance, we are just not well suited to his car as he had a similar result with us again. I hate that it cost him in the overall standings. If it helps any, Lance, my car had a poor showing as well, worse than the first race.

We ran 3 minute heats with 1 pit stop. There were 3 drivers and no ghost cars. We used Bruce Yingling's software. And I'd like to note the Bruce's software is amazing. This was my first time diving into it and really using a lot of the features. It is so much better than either of the race apps out there and I cannot recommend it enough. Plus, the price is right! :D

My three favorite cars to drive were Buspor's, CJR's, and RTRandy's. I liked them even better than my own car.

Here's the results from today's race:

Now on to the overall standings. Going in to this race, we had 2 cars tied for second place, and the top 4 were separated by only a couple of points. I was worried that we would end up with a tie and we had not determined a tiebreaker for the overall standings. However, things fell into place and we did not end up with a single tie in the standings.

Ladies and gentlemen, the winner of the first ever Worldwide Digital Proxy is .... CJR! Congratulations! Here's the final standings.

Burrell
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby buspor63 » Fri Feb 17, 2017 7:00 pm

Thanks for all the hard work, but isn't it worth it? I think all the cars shined at some point during the proxy, probably a good thing, showing the cars being competitive in different conditions.

When does the next one start?
buspor63
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby lancelotalove » Fri Feb 17, 2017 7:19 pm

Whoo Hooo!!!!!! Exciting last race.
I could have been anyones race since this is all new.
I be looking forward to next year.
I already have my carrera digital chip with lights ready to install!
Thanks to everyone, hosts, drivers, and participants.
Lance
Can we get a picture of the cars the way they finished?
i only know 2 or 3 of the others
lancelotalove
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby CJR » Fri Feb 17, 2017 10:21 pm

Even more shocked with this news than I was with the win in the first round. CJR RACING wishes to thank Carrera for producing great cars that are fast out of the box. Czar, for the initial idea and his willingness to tune my entry, since it literally had never run prior to arrival at his track. Thank you. This was my first proxy and it was great fun reading the race notes and seeing the pictures and videos. Great fun!!!
CJR
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby BARC 1 » Sat Feb 18, 2017 2:45 am

Well this was an eventful proxy. Looking at the finishes, it seemed like a real crapshoot which car was going to come out in front. Cars seemed to be finishing all over the place. The BARC Porsche was a consistent bottom dweller. As these are basically stock cars, it seems like the Carrera Vettes were the cars to be running, and it would appear the Porsche is not.

It seems as if the digital "extras" threw in a degree of uncertainty as to the race outcomes keeping people guessing to the end. There was certainly no favorited to place a bet on.

A great big thanks to all those that participated

Cheers

Dan
BARC 1
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

PreviousNext

Return to The HRW Proxy Forum!