Worldwide Digital Proxy

PROXY Racing! A place to post race events, rules, reports & general information.

Re: Worldwide Digital Proxy

Postby Czar » Mon Dec 05, 2016 6:11 am

Great job Randy! I see the that the lower end of the pack is my groove. I have been pretty consistent for all the races. Thanks for getting the race results up. Two more rounds to go.
Czar
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby TuscoTodd » Mon Dec 05, 2016 8:26 am

Looks like another pretty tight spread of lap totals over the field!
Thanks for posting the info!
TuscoTodd
HRW Bouncer

Postby buspor63 » Mon Dec 05, 2016 4:28 pm

Thanks for hosting, I hope you enjoyed them.
I may be next on the calendar, I'm all good for that. As Christmas is approaching, I may not get to run them till January. Any thoughts on that?
buspor63
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Czar » Mon Dec 05, 2016 6:30 pm

I wish it didn't have to be that long, but I completely understand, and frankly, i don't see any hurry to get the race finished. There have been enough "challenges" that any pre-conceived schedule is kind of gone, now. I also think that we are all pretty interested to see how the cars perform on a wooden track. So, I can wait. But, I am only one voice. I want the racers to make a majority decision. I think anybody that wants to chime in can do so by Thursday evening. Then we will know what the next move will be.
Czar
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby TuscoTodd » Mon Dec 05, 2016 7:33 pm

The delay is fine by me!
I am REALLY interested to see how they do on wood as that is what I tuned my car on in analog mode! :)
(Hope everyone else is good with a minor delay for the holidays as well)
:D
TuscoTodd
HRW Bouncer

Postby Z-carfan » Mon Dec 05, 2016 9:05 pm

From my view I'm fine waiting buspor, I think as long as we can finish the first digital proxy I'm happy.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Z-carfan
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Burrell » Mon Dec 05, 2016 9:41 pm

No rush from me. I'm fine with the delay.
Burrell
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby CJR » Tue Dec 06, 2016 4:17 am

No worries with a delay here.
CJR
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby R/TRandy » Tue Dec 06, 2016 6:21 am

There is a lot going on this time of the year, so rather than trying to fit in the race, I am fine with the next race waiting
until after X-mas.
I am also interested to see how the cars perform on the wood track.
Randy
R/TRandy
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby BARC 1 » Tue Dec 06, 2016 8:56 am

As demonstrated on the Leader board, BARC racing is in no hurry :D Unwind and relax. Hopefully this is time for family and friends

Cheers

Dan
BARC 1
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby lancelotalove » Tue Dec 06, 2016 12:25 pm

Im in no rush and like Czar has stated, I too would like to see how my car runs on a routed track. Enjoy the Holidays!
Lance
lancelotalove
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Czar » Tue Dec 06, 2016 6:23 pm

Well. nine racers have responded and that is a super majority. So, the cars will go to Buspor and he can race them on his wood track when he has the opportunity, either before or after Christmas. That was easy.
Czar
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby R/TRandy » Sat Dec 10, 2016 10:43 am

Hi everyone, I am following up with what I learned from hosting the last race and some driving impressions of the cars.
We usually don’t run magless on my track, I have cars that I have set-up to run magless and those are mostly run by myself. We do run some cars that are set-up with only the front magnets, but most of the time it is magnet cars that are run. So for this proxy race my track did have some problem areas that did stand out. These were known issues, but were really noticeable with most of the cars.
The first trouble spots were where at the lane changers, they need longer straights placed in front of them. Cars had trouble opening the LC’s’ this made passing harder than it should be for most of the cars. Also the placement of the last LC before the pit entrance is before a series of curves and requires you to get in the right lane for the pits before you may be thinking of pitting. We all knew these issues before, but we still had some troubles in these areas. This next issue is really not a track plan flaw, but more of how the ghost car functions. The ghost car at the start of the race gets power immediately and is going at its max set speed. So if set behind the cars at start it could rear end a car before it started or if placed in front of the cars at the start it was in the way down the track for one or both of the racing cars. We solved this problem by starting the ghost car on the pit lane alongside the racing cars. This allowed the two racing cars to get up to speed cleanly before the ghost car entered the race track.
As I mentioned before most of the cars run pretty close times when I ran the qualifying round. During the race some cars actually turned some faster laps. A few of the cars had their speed set lower to make them easier to drive. All speed and brake settings were done at the CU with 10 being max.

I will start with the winning car.
komp Corvette CR7 is very easy to drive, very smooth and is more forgiving of mistakes ,hard to deslot.
RTRandy Ferrari 458, A little loose, tail gets out easy, smooth runner, I set the speed down to 9
Lancelotalove Corvette CR6, This car is super fast, but hard keep all that power controlled in the corners. Speed was set down to 8 and still was turning some of the fastest laps during the race. But for most was hard to drive fast lap after lap. Komp liked driving this one better than his.
CJR Corvette CR7, is very easy to drive, very smooth, a very good all around car.
Buspor63 Corvette CR6, smooth runner, easy to drive, a hair slower on my long front straight. Very consistent lap after lap.
Burrell Corvette CR6, Smooth runner, easy to drive, a hair slower on my long front straight. TPRgmwrench picked this one as his favourite car of the group.
TPRgmwrench BMW Z4, fast car ,a little loose, tail swings out easy, speed was down to 9
Czar Lambrrghini, Fast car, but was easy to deslot.
KenC Ferrari 458,smooth running, but loose, easy to deslot
Tusco Todd Corvette CR7, fast, tail gets out easy, for some it was hard to drive fast. I really enjoyed driving this car.
Mr Flippant Aston Martin Vantage, this is a fast car, but loose and seems a little top heavy. For most was hard to drive fast lap after lap. speed was set down to 9
Z-carfan Ferrari, this is a fast car, but loose,
Barc1 Porsche GT3 RSR, fast, but loose, hard to drive fast lap after lap.

All the drivers set the brakes up to their liking, so the setting varied from driver to driver. Speed setting did end up staying the same from driver to driver with the speed set at 10 for all but 4 cars. This made these cars easier to race consistently. Cars that were on the loose side also had a harder time passing the ghost car through the curved portions of my track. So cars could end up caught behind the ghost. And made pitting a little harder.
If you have any other questions just let me know.
Randy
R/TRandy
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby lancelotalove » Sat Dec 10, 2016 12:29 pm

Thanks for taking the time for driver impressions. It was very informational.
Thank you for hosting one of the races also.
lance
lancelotalove
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby MrFlippant » Sat Dec 10, 2016 12:56 pm

Late to respond, but no problem here. :)

Besides, I'd be a hypocrite to say otherwise. ;-)
MrFlippant
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

PreviousNext

Return to The HRW Proxy Forum!