[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 429: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4773: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4775: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4776: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4777: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Home Racing World • View topic - Worldwide Digital Proxy

Worldwide Digital Proxy

PROXY Racing! A place to post race events, rules, reports & general information.

Worldwide Digital Proxy

Postby Czar » Fri May 13, 2016 7:26 am

The Worldwide Digital Proxy is now official.
This is a proxy race for Carrera digital cars, raced on digital tracks.

Additional modifications allowed: guide may be trimmed, chassis trimmed for body float, cyanoacrylate to tighten axles in bushings

Eligible cars: Aston-Martin Vantage, Audi R8 GRS, BMW M3 GT2, BMW Z4 GT3, Corvette C6R, Corvette C7R, Ferrari 599xx, Ferrari 458 Italia, Ford GT (new model}, Lamborghini Huracan, Mercedes-Benz SLR GT, Mercedes-Benz AMG GT3, Mercedes-Benz McLaren GT CBR, Nissan GTR, Porsche GT3 RSR, Porsche 918, LaFerrari (just put a number on it).

Entry fee: $25
June 15, 2016: Deadline for sign-up
July 2, 2016: Deadline for entries

Burell and I encourage any and all entrants to do a custom paint/livery on their cars. Go ahead and show off your talent and make your car as unique as you want.

Feel free to ask any questions about prepping the car; Harry's Garage has a wealth of information for you. PitRow/slotcargarage/slotcargarage.html

Blueprinting: Blueprinting means that the car is disassembled and then re-assembeled so that tolerances and details that are are too costly for mass production can be implemented, allowing the car to reach more of its potential.
Flatten chassis if warped (hot water bath)... True wheels (sandpaper works well)... Glue tires to wheels (lots written about glues)... True tires (sandpaper)... Check clearance in body/chassis mounting holes (file)... Secure bushings to chassis (cyanoacrylate)... Glue motor in place (not cyanoacrylate)... Spread and "fluff" the braids... Lubricate gears and bushings... Paint front tires to reduce friction (nail polish, cyanoacrylate).

Also, all cars must have name of the driver on the chassis.

Final entries: Burrell, Buspor63, Barc 1, CJR, Czar, KenC, komp, lancelotalove, Mr. Flippant R/TRandy, TPRgmwrench, Tusco Todd, Z-carfan
Tracks: Czar, Burrell, Buspor63, Mr. Flippant, R/TRandy

The fine print:
Last edited by Czar on Thu Sep 01, 2016 11:21 am, edited 23 times in total.
Czar
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Re: Worldwide Digital Proxy

Postby Czar » Fri May 13, 2016 7:45 am

The racing format will be left up to the hosts. But, some minimum requirements: races must be at least 5 minutes in duration; all tracks will race one car in each lane (to start) and one ghost car; if available, there must be at least one pit stop for each car (except ghost car) during each race: total laps and fastest time will be recorded for each car.

This is a starting point. Since we are entering uncharted territory, these guidelines might change. If we need more discussion on any of the rules, let's do it in this thread. I will keep the first box with rules and other pertinent information only. I would like to see a few more entries, but I think this is going to be a lot of fun. Tell your racing buddies.
Last edited by Czar on Sat May 14, 2016 7:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Czar
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby TuscoTodd » Fri May 13, 2016 7:53 am

Looks like I need to get crackin' on getting my relivery on the Corvette completed!
Good to see this continuing to move forward. :)
TuscoTodd
HRW Bouncer

Postby dw5555 » Fri May 13, 2016 9:05 am

I realize Carrera's are bricks but why no weight added?

Dave
dw5555
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Czar » Fri May 13, 2016 10:59 am

Czar
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby b.yingling » Fri May 13, 2016 12:33 pm

I would be very happy to host a race.

Also, if you would be interested, I have an idea on tracking the results. If the first race is at my place, I could send along a flash drive with a copy of my software and a proxy specific database. Everyone could download the contents, run their race, then copy the results back to the drive before shipping to the next race. I could make that very easy to do with very simple instructions included. Would require each track host to have a PC for lap counting, with an appropriate cable, but I think they likely will anyway?

Even if you don't want to use this method for tracking the results, I'd still love to host a race.
b.yingling
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby buspor63 » Fri May 13, 2016 3:18 pm

My track runs Yingling software, I'm plug and play with the flash drive.
buspor63
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby b.yingling » Sat May 14, 2016 11:53 am

b.yingling
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby dw5555 » Sat May 14, 2016 3:07 pm

Sorry bout the weight question, I'm reading into things that aren't there. :oops:

The Race: 5 minute heats, is that per starting lane (10 total) or 2 1/2 minutes per lane?

Ghost car: Starts in front of cars or behind? I'm assuming behind but ya never know. How fast do you want them? Fast enough to create traffic or fast enough to create more competition.

Dave
dw5555
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Czar » Sat May 14, 2016 6:53 pm

Great questions and it opens the door to another issue I have been thinking about. I am not sure I understand your question about the heats. My thought is, the duration of each heat is minimum 5 minutes (hosts can choose to go longer), with two proxy cars and one ghost car racing. The ghost car should start behind the field. As for the speed of the GC, that depends on the host track. For instance, buspor has a hybrid routed/digital track. So, magnets have no effect and I would imagine his GC will go slower than tracks that can use magnetic force to keep the GC at a higher speed. The idea of the GC in first place was two fold, 1st it is unique to digital racing so it will give this proxy something that cannot be duplicated in analog. 2nd, in real racing there are always faster cars and back markers to deal with, so this will give us a little more realism. But, as I have said, I am open to new/other ideas, so if this needs to be fine tuned, let me know. I also want to give each host the flexibility to have a race that suits him/her and the track.

Now, what I have been thinking... how do we handle variable speed settings through the Control Unit? If everyone has access to a digital track I would just ask that everyone send the speed and brake settings they believe is best for their cars. But, if someone can't test their car before the race I guess the host could do some tests and get the settings. Or, we could just agree on a speed and brake setting and use that for all the races. I don't like that though because it doesn't take advantage of some of the unique features of digital. Another problem may be that a technical track will require a lower speed setting than a track with more straightaways. Not sure how to handle this, so I would appreciate any suggestions (even from racers who are not entering).

We're making history here and I am sure we will get this all sorted out.
Czar
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Czar » Sat May 14, 2016 7:06 pm

Moved to first dialog box with all the other rules.
Last edited by Czar on Tue May 17, 2016 4:42 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Czar
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby buspor63 » Sat May 14, 2016 7:07 pm

buspor63
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby b.yingling » Sun May 15, 2016 7:35 am

b.yingling
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Czar » Sun May 15, 2016 8:59 am

Your point about the GC vs a third driver is very good. What about three drivers and a GC? What is the a problem with starting from each lane? I am not aware of any single file standing starts. What if one lane has a better line to the first lane changer? As I said, there are still details to be sorted out. Let's keep the ideas flowing.
Czar
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby dw5555 » Sun May 15, 2016 9:01 am

I agree, with all tracks being different you can't have set speeds/brake. Let the hosts decide.

I will not be entering. I don't run 1/32's anymore so I sold off all of them except for a couple for the kids. I will be available to host though. Getting 3 qualified drivers may be an issue though. I wouldn't want to leave anyone short changed. How bout leaving it open for 2 or 3 drivers whichever the host can provide?

Dave
dw5555
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Next

Return to The HRW Proxy Forum!