[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4773: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4775: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4776: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4777: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Home Racing World • View topic - Worldwide Digital Proxy

Worldwide Digital Proxy

PROXY Racing! A place to post race events, rules, reports & general information.

Re: Worldwide Digital Proxy

Postby buspor63 » Sun Aug 28, 2016 5:59 pm

I'm running them tomorrow night on a Carrera plastic track. Here's a quick view.

buspor63
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby CJR » Mon Aug 29, 2016 4:13 am

Sweet!
CJR
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby buspor63 » Wed Aug 31, 2016 7:10 pm

Finally, results! After not being able to run the cars at my track, I arranged to run them at my brothers. The four drivers from before were able to attend and were all familiar with the cars. Just to be on the safe side, we practiced with them all, discussed what power and brake settings would be best for each car. All four of us are fairly equal and competitive with each other. The track has a black box, a lap counter and a pit lane. We decided not to use fuel because two of the cars did not have lights and the track had no means of relaying fuel levels.

The format would be bracket racing in four minute heats. The cars were assigned a number then drawn for running order. Drivers then drew for a car. I would not drive my own car. We decided that no heat would be run with de-slots. If one occurred, we would restart the heat. The fall out from that was if the car may was twitchy, the driver would be more cautious. First round would run three cars per heat, the final first round had four cars, top two transferred. In the second round we ran four cars, top two transferred. The four left would run a six minute heat for top four placing. Fifth through thirteenth was based on first round fastest laps. Not the best way, but a way I thought consistent.

1- Lancelotalove- We thought the best car in the field, best prepared, smooth and easy to drive.
2- Buspor- My drivers thought it had good power, was smooth and balanced.
3- Komp- Balanced and smooth.
4-TuscoTodd- Loose, but predictable.
5- Burrell- No offense, but this surprised me. This car has a twisted chassis. Apparently the twist worked to the benefit on the majority of turns.
6- CJR- Neutral
7- Mr Flippant- Consistent
8-R/T Randy- Smooth, but loose.
9- Ken C- Neutral
10- ZCar- Fan- Neutral
11-Barq- Best looking car! The car loved any set of esses, but if pushed, would roll.
12- Czar- Chattery, couldn't get power down.
13- TPRgmwrench- Loose and rewards light brakes.

I'm glad to have had the opportunity to run the cars. I think this could grow into a nice proxy of time. As I reflect about my experience, I have some suggestions. The host should spend a lot of time running the cars to get an idea on how much power and brake will best suit each car at each track. Not to stir ill feelings, but host really need a RMS that can handle the number of cars entered. I had to fall back on a simple approach and then rank cars based on time, which I suppose a proxy is.... but it's a lot easier if the software does it for you. Finally, maybe, cars with wings. There pretty, but the beloved Carrera cars have way to small struts below a billboard. The Corvettes seem to be the worst.

Finally finally, the top six cars were Corvette C6R's or C7R's. Admittedly, we are a Corvette group though, we all have them and they are our go to GT car. So, congratulations to Mr. Flippant on being the first non Corvette in the Aston Martin!!!
buspor63
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby MrFlippant » Thu Sep 01, 2016 7:10 am

MrFlippant
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby BARC 1 » Thu Sep 01, 2016 7:31 am

Well I am glad you like the BARC livery. This is starting to look like a case of all show and no go!!!

Those Corvettes appear to be good runners. You guys pulled the magnets out of those didn't you :D

Again a big thumbs up to the track host for the effort and race results. Looking forward to the next race, and am hoping there is a track out there that suits the BARC 4 Porsche

Congrats to the winners

Cheers

Dan
BARC 1
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby TuscoTodd » Thu Sep 01, 2016 7:58 am

WhooHoo! Glad to see the notably better showing with my C7 here over the last track.
Thank you for the great run and for the details on the field - glad to see these cars back turning laps! :D
:banana-dance:
TuscoTodd
HRW Bouncer

Postby Burrell » Thu Sep 01, 2016 9:33 am

Burrell
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Z-carfan » Thu Sep 01, 2016 10:20 am

Buspor and I are going to play the roll of spoiler at the end of the proxy. :)
Z-carfan
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Czar » Thu Sep 01, 2016 11:41 am

Czar
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby R/TRandy » Fri Sep 02, 2016 3:20 pm

buspor63,
Thanks for hosting and giving us the drivers impressions of our cars.
The Corvette's had a great run for sure!
It does look like every one is still in this race, so there should be some close racing right to the end.
Thanks again
Randy
R/TRandy
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby lancelotalove » Wed Sep 07, 2016 10:48 pm

Sorry to hear WDP not able to do pit/ fuel stops. My car is also converted from analog to digital. Im not very familiar with carrera digital, why do we need lights on the cars for fuel stops?
Lance
lancelotalove
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby dw5555 » Thu Sep 08, 2016 8:51 am

dw5555
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby buspor63 » Thu Sep 08, 2016 5:59 pm

I'm hoping future host will be able to run pit stops, either way, this is just a shakedown year. We're learning a lot, and I think Murphy's Law is occurring some too.
buspor63
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Czar » Thu Sep 08, 2016 6:49 pm

It will get sorted out. I appreciate the patience of everyone who is making Slot Car History with the first digital proxy. Randy is going to run the cars next, then they fly to the other coast for some hot racing action. Stay tuned, it's not over yet! And yeah, we're still learning and grinning.
Czar
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby buspor63 » Fri Sep 09, 2016 7:01 am

Whew, the cars left for some good Kaukauna cheese action just moments ago!
buspor63
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

PreviousNext

Return to The HRW Proxy Forum!