[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4773: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4775: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4776: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4777: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Home Racing World • View topic - Worldwide Digital Proxy

Worldwide Digital Proxy

PROXY Racing! A place to post race events, rules, reports & general information.

Re: Worldwide Digital Proxy

Postby dw5555 » Mon Aug 15, 2016 9:41 am

Has there been any thoughts on a point system to keep a running tally on standings? An easy way would be 1 point per position.

Dave
dw5555
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Burrell » Mon Aug 15, 2016 10:38 am

Thanks for the prize, Harry!

And yes, I'll be working on a standings chart, with points assigned for the order of finish.
Burrell
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Burrell » Mon Aug 15, 2016 11:16 am

Burrell
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby CJR » Tue Aug 16, 2016 2:17 am

Wow! Bonus! Scoring and prizes. This is an awesome community.
CJR
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby TuscoTodd » Tue Aug 16, 2016 5:10 am

VERY cool on all accounts!
:banana-dance:
TuscoTodd
HRW Bouncer

Postby buspor63 » Tue Aug 16, 2016 7:08 am

Here's the field for the round at Thunder Road. The first, and perhaps only round on a routed wood digital track. Czar was nice enough to deliver the cars from about one hundred miles away. Last night, we unboxed the cars and did some shake down heats, but no real racing. All agreed it was a pleasure to drive the cars and see how each was tuned from a different perspective.

I hope to run the races soon, but I first need to see if I can get my crashed laptop straightened out. I hope to get that fixed, or find if the problem lies in the cable I bought years ago. We also have the Carrera App connect, but trying to figure out how best to accurately time thirteen cars is still to be overcome.

Pit stops may be difficult because some cars do not have working lights. The Yingling software has an easy to read guage, however, the App connect does not unless you have the Carrera driver station, or perhaps, multiple Apple products. Last night, we just practiced with the fuel mode turned off.

buspor63
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby TuscoTodd » Tue Aug 16, 2016 7:30 am

That is a great looking shot!
Will be curious to see how the qualifying goes! :)
TuscoTodd
HRW Bouncer

Postby Burrell » Tue Aug 16, 2016 8:09 am

Awesome photo! That's the only time my black corvette will be in front! :lol:

I wanted to make the trip with Czar last night, but because of my schedule and family responsibilities I just couldn't make it work.

Have fun racing those!
Burrell
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby dw5555 » Tue Aug 16, 2016 9:11 am

dw5555
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Z-carfan » Tue Aug 16, 2016 1:06 pm

FYI. The #71 Red Ferrari is an analog conversion, so no lights. Sorry. :(
Is it running decently now? Czar had issues with it on round 1.
Last edited by Z-carfan on Wed Aug 17, 2016 11:01 am, edited 1 time in total.
Z-carfan
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby BARC 1 » Tue Aug 16, 2016 4:47 pm

Field looks good. Looking forward to the race and the results.

Cheers

Dan
BARC 1
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby R/TRandy » Tue Aug 16, 2016 6:53 pm

Looks like there is a lot of exciting things happening in the Worldwide Digital Proxy :banana-dance:

Thanks Harry for offering a great prize for the winner :text-thankyouyellow:

Czar, Thanks for weighing all the cars and posting your results. I had planned to weigh mine, but forgot
too, before I shipped it off.

Burrell, standings chart/system looks good and is a great idea!

Thanks guys!!!
Randy
R/TRandy
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby CJR » Tue Aug 16, 2016 9:55 pm

Great looking field!
CJR
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby BARC 1 » Wed Aug 17, 2016 12:45 am

Thanks for weighing the cars in. Seems like my testing and works what is best for me has brought the BARC Porsche in as the heaviest of the lot. It is kind of nice to see what the rest of competition is using for weight in these magless cars.

It will be interesting to see what shakes out from this when this first digital proxy is finishing up.

Cheers

Dan
BARC 1
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby b.yingling » Sat Aug 20, 2016 9:52 am

Thought I'd post a couple of pictures of my track. 104ft Carrera plastic with 2-bay pit. We will definitely be running with ghost cars, fuel (real mode), and sector timing. I had hoped all of the cars would have lights, since they are digital Carrera GTs, but I know some of them began life as analog, and don't have lights. Thought about running one night race and one day. Not sure my drivers and I would have had the stamina for that, anyway.

My grandchildren love the little houses. Three year old granddaughter had 3 cars hooked to her controller Wednesday night, slowed down so none would come off, and she would drive the pack from house to house, pausing for a party and some 'dancing' at each house.
b.yingling
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

PreviousNext

Return to The HRW Proxy Forum!