[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4773: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4775: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4776: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4777: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Home Racing World • View topic - Worldwide Digital Proxy

Worldwide Digital Proxy

PROXY Racing! A place to post race events, rules, reports & general information.

Re: Worldwide Digital Proxy

Postby R/TRandy » Fri Sep 09, 2016 6:56 pm

R/TRandy
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Czar » Fri Sep 09, 2016 7:26 pm

On the road again.
Czar
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby buspor63 » Fri Sep 16, 2016 6:20 am

I've been asked if I could make up the round of the proxy I missed on the wood track, I'm all for it. Before going back to Czar, the cars could be shipped to me and then I could get them to Czar/Burrell at no additional cost.

At the moment, I'm working to solve my timing issues. I've bought a new CU, tested it seperately from my track using only my data cable of mystery origin. The problems were still there. I'm waiting on a new cable from Digital Racing Solutions. If that fixes the problem on the bench, I'll try it out on the track. If the problems continue on the track, I'll relocate my CU as close to the track as I can. Mr Flippant suggested extending the wiring the way I had may be causing the issues.
buspor63
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Czar » Sat Sep 17, 2016 2:13 pm

Well, when I posted On the Road Again, I had no idea how long the road was. The Post Office has sent the cars from Knoxville to Memphis, and then for some inexplicable reason, out to Bell Gardens, CA! After a little California sun they are now resting in St. Paul, MN. This has completely messed up the timing of the next race. As soon as they are delivered to Randy, in Wisconsin, he will mail them to Mr. Flippant in Washington. Mr. Flippant is planning to hold his races on October 2nd. After all the drama and delays I am beginning to think there is a message here that I need to heed. But, we will soldier on and the races will be run and eventually we will get this done.
Last edited by Czar on Sun Sep 18, 2016 6:07 am, edited 1 time in total.
Czar
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby MrFlippant » Sat Sep 17, 2016 9:13 pm

If they are not here by 10/2, then there may be a delay, as I'm not sure when I'll be able to schedule people to come over, but I'll certainly try to make it happen in a timely manner.

Also, Washington.
MrFlippant
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby R/TRandy » Sun Sep 18, 2016 4:45 am

R/TRandy
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Czar » Sun Sep 18, 2016 6:07 am

Geographic correction made to my post.
It should be obvious that the current delay was caused by the US Postal Service. The cars were mailed on September 9th and sent from Tennessee to Wisconsin. Based on my experience buying cars from people all over the US, they should have arrived around September 13th, allowing plenty of time to run the race in Wisconsin and still make it to Washington before the beginning of October.
Czar
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby MrFlippant » Mon Sep 19, 2016 8:06 am

No worries. I'm not mad or placing blame on anyone but USPS.

Had an interesting scenario for Bruce to look into, though. At a race yesterday, we had a car start going really slow for no reason. Without a spare CU to reprogram it, the race ended up being paused and unpaused and repaused a couple times without any cars racing or passing the s/f line while programming a replacement car. When unpausing/restarting the race the final time, after the countdown, HSSRMS crashed and we lost all the laps up to that point. Now, I wasn't running the computer or the track, so I don't have any error messages or anything, but I did see a cascade of what appeared to be error windows on the screen before they restarted the RMS. Definitely an unusual scenario, and I have not tried to duplicate it (my track isn't up right now), but figured I'd post it now otherwise I'll forget.
MrFlippant
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Burrell » Mon Sep 19, 2016 9:39 am

For myself, I don't think its too big of a deal if the race gets delayed because of shipping. Would I like it to hit all the deadlines? Sure. I think everyone would. But this is a fun run, its a learning experience, and there is no deadline that we have to meet. So I don't think any of the hosts should stress themselves out if the cars don't arrive when anticipated and you have to reschedule the racers to help.
Burrell
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Burrell » Tue Sep 20, 2016 8:25 am

Ok, from my understand, here is the new standings chart with the upcoming scheduled races. Let me know if I got something wrong.

Burrell
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby MrFlippant » Mon Sep 26, 2016 5:28 pm

Box of (what I presume is) proxy cars arrived today. Going racing tonight, but tomorrow will be track set up day. If I'm done with much time to spare, I'll check all the cars out and maybe do some qualifying. Guys coming over on Sunday to run the race.
MrFlippant
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Czar » Tue Sep 27, 2016 5:45 am

That is great news. Have a good race. We'll be waiting for the results.
Czar
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby MrFlippant » Tue Oct 04, 2016 1:34 pm

Well, I managed to get the cars qualified, but I had only ONE guy show up on race day, and he left early since no one else showed up. :(

I was going to try and do some of the racing by myself, but two ghost cars are a non-starter with this system, since you can't make them stop changing lanes, and I'm not about to try and do this with cars crashing into each other and pausing the race every 5 seconds.

So, that means a delay until I can get three or four people to actually come and help. Earliest would probably be in two weeks, but it could be longer.

I'll update as soon as I have another date for the attempt. I'm working on editing the video I got for the qualify, for those who missed the live stream (editing the live stream recording) and will post a link here when I'm done.
MrFlippant
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Czar » Tue Oct 04, 2016 2:11 pm

You can put tape over the exciter lamp on the chassis, then they will not change lanes. But I think having at least two drivers is better than two ghost cars. Sorry things didn't work out over the weekend.
Czar
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Burrell » Tue Oct 04, 2016 3:43 pm

Burrell
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

PreviousNext

Return to The HRW Proxy Forum!