[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4773: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4775: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4776: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4777: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Home Racing World • View topic - Worldwide Digital Proxy

Worldwide Digital Proxy

PROXY Racing! A place to post race events, rules, reports & general information.

Re: Worldwide Digital Proxy

Postby CJR » Sat Aug 20, 2016 10:10 am

What a cool track and layout. I wish I had that kind of space.
CJR
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby b.yingling » Sat Aug 20, 2016 1:29 pm

I'd just like to make a recommendation to track hosts planning on using the Carrera race app to run their races. Don't. Spend the $6 or $7 on Smartrace. Available for Apple, Android, and FireOS devices. Way, way, way better than the Carrera app. Did I say way better? It will be the most productive $7 you've ever spent on your slot car hobby.
b.yingling
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Czar » Tue Aug 23, 2016 1:36 pm

Track hosts may use any software that want for their races. I have had as many problems with Smartrace as I have with the Carrera App. I finally took it off my tablet.
Czar
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby b.yingling » Tue Aug 23, 2016 2:41 pm

b.yingling
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Czar » Tue Aug 23, 2016 6:50 pm

I am not recommending the Carrera app. In my report about the racing at my track I said the Carrera app was problematic. I am merely saying that I have no preference or recommendation, as the Smartrace app performed no better than the Carrera app when I had it downloaded on my Android tablet. I removed Smartrace about three months ago. I paid my money, and didn't feel like I got my money's worth, so I have not looked at it since. I have also posted that the Carrera app seems to have the re-fueling information available for the IPad, and I cannot access that feature on my Android tablet. I don't like much about my tablet. Everything else I own that is computer based is Mac and I am not at all impressed with the Android operating system. So, maybe my issues all stem from having a tablet that runs an inferior operating system to the Apple tablets. If Smatrtrace has been upgraded and is more reliable I might try it again. But, from the beginning of this race you have been urging people to use anything but the Carrera app. Just as my experience with Smartrace is apparently different than yours, it is possible that other's experience with the Carrera app is also different than yours. I think it would be instructional for everyone if you could say why the Smartrace app is better than Carrera as it applies to this proxy.
Czar
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby MrFlippant » Tue Aug 23, 2016 9:53 pm

Definitely keep up to date on the SmartRace App. It's had several updates in the last few months. While I haven't used it with my CU yet, the improvements in features/functionality alone are impressive. If you already have the license, definitely give it a try again.
MrFlippant
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby b.yingling » Wed Aug 24, 2016 5:52 am

b.yingling
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Czar » Wed Aug 24, 2016 6:16 am

I ran the first race with Carrera software. Yes, the day was longer than I expected, but I got the races run and the results tabulated. The second host (Buspor) has had trouble because he has been trying to use your software. He has contacted you about the problem and you have not been about to provide any viable solution for the problems associated with your software. In your first post in this thread you started pushing the idea of using your software. Now you are touting Smartrace instead of your app.

I also explained that you would not have to pay $30.00 for shipping, since I would have you ship to a person close to you. Unlike all the others who entered cars, you paid nothing to enter this event as a host. Many proxies require no entry fee and all the shipping costs are assumed by the track hosts, alone. Now you want to take your software and go home.

Your wish is granted.
Czar
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby buspor63 » Wed Aug 24, 2016 3:00 pm

buspor63
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Z-carfan » Wed Aug 24, 2016 4:17 pm

Buspor63, thanks for running them. Hopefully they run well on the wood, if not plastic it is.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Z-carfan
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby BARC 1 » Wed Aug 24, 2016 6:11 pm

I agree with letting cooler heads prevail and get back to some digital racing. I hope Bruce reconsiders as his track looked awesome.

Cheers

Dan
BARC 1
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby dw5555 » Thu Aug 25, 2016 8:53 am

Czar (John) and I have been trading emails and since he hasn't posted anything here I will let ya'll know that I am also backing out of the hosting duties. Without rehashing anything I declined to pay the shipping also. Maybe with the loss of 2 tracks the rest of the hosts will have their shipping covered.
Good luck guys..
Dave
dw5555
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby lancelotalove » Thu Aug 25, 2016 8:35 pm

The first World wide Digital Proxy
As with all new things we may encounter some issues.
I am still excited watching the race and hope it continues.

First off, I believe all the decisions have been made, were to make the proxy race fun and give a better variety that digital gives us, ghost cars, pit stops, and lane changing.
Im sorry to hear that there are some issues that have caused some problems.
I sorry to hear some hosts have decided to not host. I was hoping to see more chances for racing on different tracks.
When the series details were getting put together, there were some grey areas but together with couple of others with experience with proxies and the software were able to figure out to let hosts chose how to run their race, ghost cars and software. The track owners know the software on their tracks and the software is working or they would not have hosted. Making a software change, there could be problems and a learning curve.

i dont mind that track hosts that did not enter cars did not have to pay. They dedicate their track, time and their friends to race our little cars. I think that is great! I enjoy checking in every weekend and checking how my car is running although it back in the pack. Im going to have to work on that corvette c6r.

I hope we can get by this and I hope some will reconsider and return to what we together have hoped would be the first of a new type of proxy race. The World Wide Digital Proxy
lance (tuner of a plastic toy car)
lancelotalove
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby MrFlippant » Thu Aug 25, 2016 9:22 pm

I agree. Simply put, gentlemen, we have a proxy to race. The rules are quite lenient with regard to the race management of choice. Put pen to paper if you must. We shall run this proxy!
MrFlippant
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby dw5555 » Sun Aug 28, 2016 8:38 am

It's been awhile..where are the racing updates???

Dave
dw5555
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

PreviousNext

Return to The HRW Proxy Forum!