[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4773: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4775: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4776: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4777: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Home Racing World • View topic - HRW Can-Am proxy!

HRW Can-Am proxy!

PROXY Racing! A place to post race events, rules, reports & general information.

Re: HRW Can-Am proxy!

Postby Audi1 » Mon May 30, 2016 3:05 pm

Thanks for the update, Bob.

Allan
Audi1
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Retro Racer 44 » Mon May 30, 2016 5:50 pm

The Eagle has landed. Well, you know what I mean. A red/white transporter gave me door-to-door service today, and I am now in possession of a box full of CanAm cars. I am off shortly to Monday night racing on Mikes Airport track, so I won't be doing anything with them until Friday at the earliest. I did unpack them and place them in the Rubbermaid box always use food carrying cars back and forth during proxies.

I will add more later.

Keith
Retro Racer 44
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Retro Racer 44 » Sat Jun 04, 2016 12:12 am

Qualifying on the Targa

I went to Luf's early tonight and managed to run the qualifying. I used the middle lane running counter clockwise. I ran about ten laps for each car and a couple of cars got an extra one or three as they were still posting best laps.

All the cars ran acceptably with the exception of car #19 that threw a hook up wire on the warm-up lap and wasn't able to post a time. By the time the others had finished, there were guys waiting for the lanes to practise, and so I was not able to fix it there. Car 19 will have to start from the pit lane. Not really a penalty in the broad scheme of proxy racing.

One of the winged warriors lost its wing, but if I can't simply put it back on, I will run it without.

Now for the results.

Position, Car #, Best Time

1. 60 7.514
2. 48 7.935
3. 65p 8.024
4. 59 8.110
5. 917 8.111
6. 52 8.114
7. 2c 8.187
8. 65b 8.215
9. 66 8.327
10. 5 8.369
11. 0 8.375
12. 16 8.411
13. 20 8.413
14. $ 8.544
15. 41 8.811
16. 9 9.116
17. 11 9.180
18. 12 9.910
19. 19 no time

The first few cars were very well planted on this track, and I felt confident driving them, and so was able to go faster. The last few cars had plenty of speed, but had traction issues that caused them to slide around and fishtail, making me less confident to go faster.

It is very good to note that from #2 to #15 all those times are within a second of each other.

We should have some very interesting racing. I will let you know when I am planning to run the race. With summer approaching it is getting harder to round up a proxy crew.

Cheers,

Keith
Retro Racer 44
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Audi1 » Sat Jun 04, 2016 3:25 am

Thanks for the Quali results, Keith.

Congrats to Chris (chrisguyw) on his TQ! :text-bravo:

Looking forward to the race and pics!

Allan
Audi1
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Ky.Slot Racer » Sat Jun 04, 2016 7:14 am

Nevermind I see my answer
Ky.Slot Racer
HRW Master Modeler

Postby arroldn » Sat Jun 04, 2016 7:19 am

Thanks Keith,
Lets see if my car can move up into the top 10.

Arrold
arroldn
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Brumos RSR » Sat Jun 04, 2016 9:49 am

Thanks for the run Keith.
Brumos RSR
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Z-carfan » Sat Jun 04, 2016 10:19 pm

Hi Keith, on the 19 car, did I have grub screws mounting the wires or just the brass pins? Bummer she didn't qualify, hoping you can patch it up to make a run.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Z-carfan
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Retro Racer 44 » Sat Jun 04, 2016 11:05 pm

Hi Mike:

The wires are now firmly attached with set crews instead of pins. I use special set screws that cost $10 each because they are made from unobtanium. I'll send you my Paypal address. NOT! They are just regular black set screws, and I am happy to fix them for you. If the guide goes to full lock, the wires pull rather tight, but I slid the wire along the channel a bit so I am hopeful it will be ok.

Cheers,

Keith

ps. I also had no problem re-inserting the wing on the #20 Nissan.
Retro Racer 44
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Audi1 » Sun Jun 05, 2016 4:02 am

Unobtanium.........maybe that's what I need for the chassis of my next NA Group 5 car.......................! Thanks, Keith!

:lol:

Allan
Audi1
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Z-carfan » Sun Jun 05, 2016 4:52 pm

Retro, the 'check is in the mail'.
I'd have included replacement grub screws in your package of cars had the timing been right. Thank you for fixing her up.

Z-carfan
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Retro Racer 44 » Sat Jun 11, 2016 5:09 pm

I know you guys are all waiting with baited breath, so a bit of news is in order. Several of the usual suspects are MIA these days so it took a while to round up a proxy crew. I am happy to announce, however, that three drivers and two marshals are now lined up, and the race is scheduled to run this coming Tuesday evening.

If all goes well, I will have results to post after you east coasters have gone to bed.

I had hope to take some pictures last night, but life got in the way, and I knew by the time I got to Luf's, the track would already be in use by club members practising.

I will try again Monday evening or before or after the race on Tuesday.

The car that DNF'd in qualifying has been repaired and will surely move up the chart in the race.

Cheers,

Keith
Retro Racer 44
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Retro Racer 44 » Tue Jun 14, 2016 2:41 pm

Retro Racer 44
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby bookie » Tue Jun 14, 2016 3:27 pm

Nice pics, but you have my #11 sitting up front, it needs to be in the back with the #12 so it doesn't get a complex
bookie
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Z-carfan » Tue Jun 14, 2016 5:58 pm

Great shots Keith, looking forward to the run.
Also, thanks for putting my #19 up front, most likely the only time it will be up at the sharp end of the field.

Z-carfan
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

PreviousNext

Return to The HRW Proxy Forum!