[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4773: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4775: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4776: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4777: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Home Racing World • View topic - GVSCC Targa 2

GVSCC Targa 2

PROXY Racing! A place to post race events, rules, reports & general information.

Re: GVSCC Targa 2

Postby chrisguyw » Tue Aug 30, 2016 5:36 pm

chrisguyw
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby chappy » Tue Aug 30, 2016 8:30 pm

Well I have to really get a move on now.
I am 90 percent there, and just heard that Canada Post and the Postal workers have agreed on a contract.
So it looks like we will not have a postal interruption.
If the car is a slow as the build, I should at some point see you all behind me just prior to being lapped lol
Bob
chappy
Minister of Slot Racing

Postby BARC 1 » Tue Aug 30, 2016 8:47 pm

I have Porsche stuck in my Brain.

The Lola and the Chevron look good.
BARC 1
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Retro Racer 44 » Tue Aug 30, 2016 10:31 pm

No Strike at Canada Post!

Although it still has to be ratified in a vote by membership, it appears that Canada Post and its unions have reached an agreement.

The mail in Canada should not be disrupted, so fire up those little transporters and send them off.

Seven of 35 cars have arrived so we are well underway.

Good News,

Cheers,

Keith
Retro Racer 44
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Audi1 » Thu Sep 01, 2016 4:15 am

Both the Chevron and the Lola T290 look great! Another work-of-art chassis from Chris under the Chevron.

Allan
Audi1
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby steeveew » Sat Sep 03, 2016 1:12 pm

My car hit the post office this morning,hope it gets there in time.

Steve
steeveew
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby chappy » Sat Sep 03, 2016 2:01 pm

Just gears and wheel inserts to do and its off to the post office .
Bob
chappy
Minister of Slot Racing

Postby chappy » Tue Sep 06, 2016 1:02 pm

Ok Keith, car is on its way 10 days should be enough time to get to,you.
All the best
Bob
chappy
Minister of Slot Racing

Postby Audi1 » Tue Sep 06, 2016 6:20 pm

Going in the mail on Thursday morning, scheduled delivery for September 13th.

We'll see how it runs when the series starts up.

Allan
Audi1
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Aloha » Tue Sep 06, 2016 7:40 pm

I have to object to the above car. Let me see ... it is too clean, that chassis is too nice, hmm the front wheels have too much camber and creating uneven tire wear, there are too many levels of lead, uh the axles are protruding. No seriously that is one very nice looking car on a great looking chassis. Gee another car I need to have a picture of the front end so I know what to look for when it is coming to lap me.
Great job
Aloha
Dale
Aloha
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby gascarnut » Wed Sep 07, 2016 1:06 pm

I showed my entry over on SCI, but forgot to add it here, so:

The body is a Resilient Resins Aston Martin DBR1, modelled after the Moss/Brooks 1958 Targa Florio car. I got the color a little wrong, but it's better than it was the first time before I stripped all the paint off and started over!

The frame is a development of an idea I have been playing with for a while with a flexing mount for the guide and a simple "rattle" setup for the side pans.

Wheels and inserts are BWA front and rear, with my own rubber on the front and Ortmann urethane on the rear.

Guide, gears and rear axle are Slot.it.

The motor is a ProSlot 4000LM that I bought off of someone either here or on SCI, with a hand-wound armature based on the regular 29krpm wind.

I was fortunate enough to have actually seen a DBR1 in action at Kyalami back in the mid-1960s and then to get up close to the car during its restoration in the early 1970s, but what happened to it after that I do not know. There were only ever 4 of them built.

Initial testing has been promising, I hope to figure a little closer to the top of the list this year than last year.

I am waiting for Russell Sheldon's car to arrive and then will send both together.
gascarnut
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby chrisguyw » Wed Sep 07, 2016 2:38 pm

Looks a little too fast for my liking ;) ......other than that, a typically great job!! :text-bravo:

Cheers
Chris Walker
chrisguyw
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Retro Racer 44 » Wed Sep 07, 2016 3:02 pm

Hi Dennis:

I suspect this page is describing the car you knew. -

http://www.ultimatecarpage.com/chassis/ ... BR1-5.html

Look forward to seeing both yours and Russell's.

Cheers,

Keith
Retro Racer 44
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby gascarnut » Wed Sep 07, 2016 3:43 pm

Keith,

Yes, that's the one! It was raced by a fellow by name Chris Fergusson. I think he owned the car as well, but am not sure now.

The normal sources of information on the DBR1 always talk about 4 cars being built, I guess they refer to the works cars only.

Thanks for the research!

Dennis
gascarnut
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby gascarnut » Wed Sep 07, 2016 3:45 pm

gascarnut
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

PreviousNext

Return to The HRW Proxy Forum!