[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
Home Racing World • View topic - GVSCC Targa 2

GVSCC Targa 2

PROXY Racing! A place to post race events, rules, reports & general information.

Re: GVSCC Targa 2

Postby chappy » Fri Nov 04, 2016 3:50 pm

Thanks fellas i appreciate this although i did mess up.
Chris i realize what you are saying , but once you told me i was in contravention, i only had one option , which was to be forthcoming and honest. I dont believe in contraveneing rules, and once i learned i had, then it was my responsibility to acknowledge such. These are toy cars yes, but my integrity is even important here.
Thank you all for your acceptance of my mistake, and for allowing me to continue, it is very generous of you all.
With my respect
Bob
chappy
Minister of Slot Racing

Postby Radarek » Fri Nov 04, 2016 6:04 pm

Chappy

Race is on. You can get your car back when is done or when the gasket blow off. No other options.... :banana-dance:
Radarek
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby chappy » Fri Nov 04, 2016 7:16 pm

Bob
chappy
Minister of Slot Racing

Postby VTECFOUR » Fri Nov 04, 2016 7:48 pm

What an honourable guy that chappy is!

Besides, I want to see it as I'll be there to volunteer just in time for the series tail end.

Let's see why it's faster than Keith's Cooper. :lol:

Dan

P.S. Of course, I want to check out ALL the cars!
VTECFOUR
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Z-carfan » Fri Nov 04, 2016 8:58 pm

Here, here, I agree, let the Lang run. Well done Keith.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Z-carfan
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby chappy » Sat Nov 05, 2016 5:19 pm

Thank you Dan and Mike for your comments. Much appreciated.
I am only here for the fun of involvement and comraderie, and learning a lot as i go along. Of course it is all with a great bunch of friends.
Bob
chappy
Minister of Slot Racing

Postby Retro Racer 44 » Sun Nov 06, 2016 10:10 pm

Six member of the Greater Vancouver Slot Car Club met this afternoon to tackle Perry's Canyon Track. I was race director, Luf the videographer, Perry on the computer and Brian, Ron and Murray driving. We had a really good afternoon with lots of very close racing, as you will see from the results. There was only one DNF as Dan's little 550 blew out its pinion on the first lap of the first heat. Max's car had been sent home for repairs and will not be retuning, so after today will no longer be listed.

Perry's tracks draw their power from a central source and the added amps were a relief to the cars with high amp hungry motors. As a result, Dennis once again rose to the top of Class A, and Russell's hot rod rose to the podium in Class B. There was a great deal of shuffling for position in the ranks, and several ties.

We ran 2.5 minutes on each of three lanes, with a car in each lane for the heats.

On to the numbers-

Car # Entrant Total
100 Dennis Samson 67.3
15 Dariusz Pawlowski 63.4
11 Keith Hines 61.8
602 Adrian Pawlowski 61.3
29 Luf Linkert 61.3
152 Barbs Hills 61.3
36 Daniel Heald 61.2
23 Bob Chapman 60.6
148 Mike Buss 59.1
150 Steve Morrow 59
142 Dave Capelen 59
146 Mike Dove 52.7
74 Bill Beggs 51.1
104 Alan Schwartz 50.4
13 Max Rossmassler DNS
20 Dan Crowley DNF

13 Ron Todhunter 71.1
1 Chris Walker 71
63 Russell Sheldon 70.6
12 Allan Jarvis 69.3
56 Andy White 68.9
85 Steve Williams 68.3
2 Leon Luke 68.3
33 Perry Roussy 67.7
58 Brian Samson 67.7
48 Bob Goulet 66.8
3 Dale Carstensen 66.5
6 Tony Bovard 66.4
33 Tony Palmer 66.3
5 Christian Mayer 65.5
7 Jon Grainger 64.6
29 Mike Gatey 62.8
36 Robert Bance 62.3
4 Leo Capaldi 62.2
111 Keith Wells 60.3

The podium in Class A First- Dennis, Second- Dariusz, Third- Keith

The podium in Class B First- Ron, Second- Chris, Third- Russell

Cheers,

Keith
Retro Racer 44
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby steeveew » Sun Nov 06, 2016 10:13 pm

Thanks guys, for running this round.
Congrats to the podium finishers.
Thanks Keith,for posting the results.

Steve
steeveew
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Retro Racer 44 » Sun Nov 06, 2016 10:32 pm

The leaderboard has been updated. See attached pdf.
Retro Racer 44
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Rleog » Sun Nov 06, 2016 11:39 pm

Ouch.... #48, slowly slipping backwards. Prior to shipping it out, I was very disappointed by the urethanes not hooking up well. Not sure what I could have done differently.

Kudos to Keith for getting the results up so quickly and thanks to the team at GVSCC for running another round.

Congratulation to all the top finishers.
Rleog
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Retro Racer 44 » Mon Nov 07, 2016 12:58 am

Video is up at -

Thanks again to Luf for his excellent work.

Enjoy,

Keith
Retro Racer 44
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby BARC 1 » Mon Nov 07, 2016 1:50 am

To quote Charlie Brown, "Good Grief"

I think it is time for the BARC # 20 car to come home. The lessons learned have been well received and to use another famous quote

" We shall return"

I appreciate the effort and the feedback on the car. What has been learned this proxy is already helping me as I prepare other proxy racers. The particular problem that put this car out should have been anticipated. I could have sent along a five pack bag of pinions. Once they start slipping on that 1mm motor shaft they are hooped. It is best to remove and replace with a new one

I may need to sleeve up the motor shaft and go with a beefier pinion set up. Something the mechanics are already scoping out.

It has been great fun Keith as BARC learns about 132 proxy racing.

Cheers

Dan
BARC 1
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Audi1 » Mon Nov 07, 2016 5:37 am

Thanks for running this Round and posting the results and the video from the race at Perry's Canyon Track, Keith.

Congrats to the podium finishers in each class. Way to go, Dennis, in Class A!

It looks from the video like you all had a good time running these cars yesterday - that's what it's all about.

Allan
Audi1
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby chappy » Mon Nov 07, 2016 6:18 am

Once again thanks to Keith and the lads for the run at Perrys.
The video was great and shows the many sins of the cars in competition.
Looked like a good day was had by all.
Congrats to Dennis and Ron for reaching the top step. Well done .
Bob
chappy
Minister of Slot Racing

Postby gascarnut » Mon Nov 07, 2016 1:23 pm

Great run, guys! Thanks for the exciting stuff and the wonderful video.

Man that looks like a fast track!

Good grip too, from the looks of the slo-mo shots.
gascarnut
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

PreviousNext

Return to The HRW Proxy Forum!