[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4773: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4775: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4776: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4777: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Home Racing World • View topic - GVSCC Targa 2

GVSCC Targa 2

PROXY Racing! A place to post race events, rules, reports & general information.

Re: GVSCC Targa 2

Postby Audi1 » Sun Feb 28, 2016 5:23 am

Audi1
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Brumos RSR » Sun Feb 28, 2016 10:26 am

:lol: Very cool Allan, what were you running? And thanks for the heads up on the RAA as my F40 is ready to go. I will have the Alpha ready also but now I need a pair of Silicones as I was just ordered urethanes
Brumos RSR
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Audi1 » Sun Feb 28, 2016 11:14 am

:text-threadjacked: Mostly Alfa Club races; big parking lots in Northeastern MA and Southern NH; a little RI, too. I ran an Alfa Spyder, 2.0L, Spica injected, headers, exhaust, Ward & Deane suspension, Panasports with Yoko A001Rs. It definitely hooked up............ :text-threadjacked:

Sorry, I will take it offline.

And now, back to the GVSCC Targa 2:

Allan
Audi1
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Retro Racer 44 » Mon Mar 07, 2016 1:02 am

It has been about a month since I announced the GVSCC Targa 2 proxy. The changes in the rules have been well received and we already have 29 entrants, 12 in A, 15 in B and 2 undecided as yet. I promised that I would save spaces for one month for those of you who ran in Targa 1. Only a few have not yet responded, so the seven remaining spaces are open for anyone who wishes to enter. This, of course, would also include those I haven't heard from yet. The numbers are looking good, and I don't mind if we have a few more in one class than the other.

There have been some other changes for this next Targa. Roger has sold his Cobalt Causeway track, which has been moved to the interior of BC, and will not be available this round. Mike has built a very nice airport track that we were rubbering in this weekend and it will be a real challenge. It has all flat turns with only one straight about 12 feet long, and the rest is various radius turns. I will post more about this track later.

Luf is talking about rebuilding the Targa, and the first sketches look very good. It will incorporate many of the features of the existing track, but will be a complete rebuild. If this goes ahead, i will post pics of it also. The other tracks we used are confirmed for this next round.

I hope everyone is busy preparing, building, or at least thinking about their car. I hope people will post build pictures to this thread, so we can all see what will be coming.

Cheers,

Keith
Retro Racer 44
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby MikeyAutobahn » Tue Mar 08, 2016 3:18 pm

Hi, I'd like to sign up for a Class B spot, please.

This will be my first proxy race, so sorry in advance for any weird questions I may ask.

Thanks to Chrisguyw for the words of encouragement earlier [even though you didn't know you were doing it].
MikeyAutobahn
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Retro Racer 44 » Tue Mar 08, 2016 4:55 pm

I've got you down, Mikey. As soon as you have decided on the number and car, let me know those details as well. Fire away with the questions, after 44 years of teaching, I've probably heard a million.

Welcome,

Keith
Retro Racer 44
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby MikeyAutobahn » Wed Mar 09, 2016 12:34 am

I believe it will be an Alfa Romeo 33/3. Number TBD [#2 is probably taken, so I'll change it].

It'll be this guy [I believe he fits the requirements]:
MikeyAutobahn
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Retro Racer 44 » Wed Mar 09, 2016 1:59 am

An excellent choice, Mikey, and you are in luck. Number 2 is not yet taken so I have assigned it to you, unless you really do wish to change it, then let me know.

There are now 30 entrants signed up with over six months to go.

Cheers,

Keith
Retro Racer 44
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby MikeyAutobahn » Wed Mar 09, 2016 2:36 am

I'll take #2. Thanks Keith!
MikeyAutobahn
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Brumos RSR » Wed Mar 09, 2016 9:34 am

Brumos RSR
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby MikeyAutobahn » Wed Mar 09, 2016 9:40 am

Thanks other Tony! I'm looking forward to it.
MikeyAutobahn
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Aloha » Thu Mar 10, 2016 2:42 pm

Hi Keith
May I officially declare my entry for B class and request the same number 3 as last year. You guys do an amazing job and am curious how you can top the first year...good luck to all there is some great builders involved :D
"Aloha"
Dale
Aloha
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Retro Racer 44 » Thu Mar 10, 2016 6:30 pm

Got you down for class B, Dale. That makes 13 in class A and 17 in B. Six spaces to fill and then we will have to add a reserve list.

Thanks for the kind words which I will pass on to the crew. With the change in class A rules, this next round should be even better.

Cheers,

Keith
Retro Racer 44
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby chappy » Thu Mar 10, 2016 7:24 pm

Still deciding on the car for my class A entry Keith.
Having looked on site at the cars that did compete in that early era
there are so many great cars to choose from.
Its like going to a good restaurant with a 20 page menu. You never really know what to choose.
Bob
chappy
Minister of Slot Racing

Postby Retro Racer 44 » Thu Mar 10, 2016 11:43 pm

Retro Racer 44
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

PreviousNext

Return to The HRW Proxy Forum!