[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4773: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4775: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4776: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4777: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Home Racing World • View topic - GVSCC Targa 2

GVSCC Targa 2

PROXY Racing! A place to post race events, rules, reports & general information.

Re: GVSCC Targa 2

Postby BARC 1 » Sat Oct 22, 2016 9:38 pm

Cool, Finally a finish

That is a nice approach to a track.

Cheers

Dan
BARC 1
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby dreinecke » Sat Oct 22, 2016 10:06 pm

Great video!!! I love this track.
dreinecke
King of the Dum-Dums!

Postby Retro Racer 44 » Sat Oct 22, 2016 11:13 pm

Steve it was glued to the track. Not literally, but having spent a lot of time racing in the 60s when anything could be put on the tires, it felt like it. But while we mention it, so did yours, and Leon's ThunderSlot Lola. I had no problem getting these cars under 20 seconds per run, and they were the only ones to put all three runs under 20.

Luf's hill climb is a unique track, and a lot of credit also goes to Dan at Trackmate who designed a program to automatically reverse the current after the top loop so the cars can continue back down the same lane to the bottom. The accompanying program also divides the track into four segments so the keeners can see where they need to improve.

Even driving Chris's super car, my best time was a ways off the record on the hill. When we run the hill on race nights we do five runs, marshal our own offs, and record a total of the best four. I think the record is in the 60s, but haven't wanted to feel bad lately so haven't paid much attention. My best time is in the high 70s.

Cheers,

Keith
Retro Racer 44
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Retro Racer 44 » Sun Oct 23, 2016 12:44 am

Dan:

Your car performed well yesterday. I turned down the power on my controller and got a good run, then turned it back up and got two better ones. It was a great little car for the hill climb. I have a similar one that was in the first Carrera PanAm proxy and it is a favourite when I present it as the hill climb car for an evening. We take turns letting everyone run our cars. Most run well, some not so much, but it is fun anyway.

There seemed to be no slippage of the pinion yesterday, so that is a good thing. We may be turning a corner with it. Touch wood.

Cheers,

Keith
Retro Racer 44
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Retro Racer 44 » Sun Oct 23, 2016 11:46 am

Due to the mistake I made on the leaderboard above, which has now been corrected.

Allan's #12 has moved into third place overall, and is running consistently. Although no podia yet for individual races, it is there now on the leaderboard.

Cheers,

Keith
Retro Racer 44
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Audi1 » Sun Oct 23, 2016 12:40 pm

I was meaning to talk to you about that, Keith. Could you please see if you can get the #12 on the podium for at least one of the upcoming races......................? Thanks! :mrgreen:

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Allan (the podiumless leaderboard rider)
Audi1
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby BARC 1 » Sun Oct 23, 2016 12:53 pm

BARC 1
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Retro Racer 44 » Thu Nov 03, 2016 2:51 pm

After taking a busy weekend off, we're ready to roll with the next race in the Targa 2 proxy. It will be held on Perry's Canyon track. Unlike the Rocket, the Canyon has two perennial trouble spots, the "Kink" and the "Hairpin". Otherwise it is a three lane track with similar length and speed as the Rocket.

The race will be held starting at 1:30 on Sunday afternoon. I will try to get results up right after dinner and Luf's video will follow once edited.

This race marks the mid-point of the series, with races on Mike's Surrey Airport and Don's Attic to follow. The final race will be a return to the Targa at Luf's for a race in the other direction.

Stay tuned for race results.

Cheers,

Keith
Retro Racer 44
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby chappy » Fri Nov 04, 2016 9:03 am

Hi Lads, it appears that my entry of the 1963 Cooper Monaco is the incorrect body derivation of the one which competed at Targa in 1963.
It was pointed out to me that this is infact a derivation known as the Lang Cooper and not the Cooper Monaco. Apparently there were many different body styles to the Coopers back in the day , and i have picked the wrong one. It is a UPC model with little to otherwise identify it.
I therefore respectfully request that my entry be scrubbed and the car returned.
I apologize to anyone else who may have been affected by my entry.
Again my apologies.
Keith of you could look after the correction to any stats and return of my car i would appreciate it.
Again i apologize for the issues I have caused.
All the best, and race on.
Bob
chappy
Minister of Slot Racing

Postby gascarnut » Fri Nov 04, 2016 10:06 am

I say, let the car run, I doubt any of us are that anal as to say it is illegal!

I'm sure it was built in the spirit of the event, and after all these are just toy cars...
gascarnut
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Retro Racer 44 » Fri Nov 04, 2016 11:02 am

I was aware when I received your car that it was the Lang version and knew it never ran the Targa. Since a Cooper Monaco ran the Targa, I accepted it. The Lang was a Cooper Monaco under the skin, but was fitted with the Lang body (which was less successful than the stock one).

The car has been accepted into this proxy and will run the remaining races.

By the way, Bob, it runs much better than the one I have, and I even opened out the rear wheel wells.

I hope this decision is acceptable to all other contestants.

Cheers,

Keith
Retro Racer 44
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Aloha » Fri Nov 04, 2016 11:17 am

I concur let it run. Chappy thank you for taking the extra step to review your entry.
Aloha
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby BARC 1 » Fri Nov 04, 2016 11:25 am

Absolutely fine by me as well. Just here to have some fun after all.
BARC 1
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby chrisguyw » Fri Nov 04, 2016 12:56 pm

Hi Bob, when we discussed the Lang Cooper (and the fact it never ran the Targa) at the slot car show last week, my intention was solely a historical FYI perspective.......as I mentioned at the time, it did not bother me at all that you were running the car, (If there was a $1000 concours prize I would be pissed ;) ), and, I really did not think anyone would even notice........wouldn't you know, Keith knew its History as well!! :clap:

So, as far as I am concerned,...keep the little bugger runnin!! :auto-driving:

Cheers
Chris Walker
Last edited by chrisguyw on Fri Nov 04, 2016 4:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
chrisguyw
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Audi1 » Fri Nov 04, 2016 3:20 pm

Let the Lang Cooper run the remaining races, as Keith says.

Allan
Audi1
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

PreviousNext

Return to The HRW Proxy Forum!