[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
Home Racing World • View topic - GVSCC Targa 2

GVSCC Targa 2

PROXY Racing! A place to post race events, rules, reports & general information.

Re: GVSCC Targa 2

Postby Retro Racer 44 » Sat Oct 15, 2016 8:46 pm

It was a blustery day in the hundred acre wood, oops wrong story, but it was a blustery day. Rain and wind had started when members of the GVSCC assembled at Luf's hallowed hall for the Targa proxy race. We were worried that the "Pineapple Express" might arrive and rob us of power before we finished. Here on the coast of BC, pineapple expresses are storms that blow in from the general direction of Hawaii. Not quite hurricanes, they still pack damaging winds and lots of rain.

Anyway, you want to hear about the race.

For Class A,Perry drove on Lane 1, Alwyn (Superslab) on lane two and Brian (Duke) on lane three. Don (TF1250) marshalled, Luf took video, and I was the scorekeeper and marshal.

For Class B Don took Perry's place on lane one.

All the cars performed as expected except for the #20 that blew a pinion at the start of the second heat. I will repair it and have it ready for the next round.

There were a lot of changes in the scores. Some cars exceeded their performance in the last race, and some not so much. The racing was very close, with all three cars in the heat often finishing very close together. There were also quite a few ties in the total lap count.

I will be posting an updated leaderboard shortly, and Luf is hoping to post the video tonight.

Thanks for a fun afternoon of playing with your cars.

Cheers,

Keith
Retro Racer 44
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Rleog » Sat Oct 15, 2016 9:39 pm

The Spirit of the GVSCC Proxy was established last year and your team is maintaining that level again. Races are held weekly, run thoroughly with sufficient racing time on each lane and designated drivers on each lane. To say that results are reported promptly just doesn't do you justice. And then there is the video. I don't know how Luf gets it edited and posted so quickly. The comaraderie among your group must be incredible. You guys set the bar very high. It's a pleasure to be among the entrants.

Thank you all. :text-thankyouyellow: :text-bravo:
Rleog
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Retro Racer 44 » Sat Oct 15, 2016 9:48 pm

The updated Targa 2 leaderboard is attached to this post. With shifting fortunes the totals tend to get closer, and you will notice that we now have a three way tie for second in Class A as well as ties with 21 points and 31 points. In Class B we have ties at 17 and 37.

Cheers,

Keith
Retro Racer 44
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Retro Racer 44 » Sun Oct 16, 2016 12:45 am

Big thanks to Luf for the video of today's race, link below.

Retro Racer 44
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Audi1 » Sun Oct 16, 2016 7:15 am

Congrats to Dariusz and Chris on their wins and to all of the podium cars! Good to see Chappy in 3rd in A-Class!

The videos are very helpful and fun to watch. Looks like the #12 needs to get a grip on life when it comes to the Vancouver area tracks...............

Allan
Audi1
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Radarek » Sun Oct 16, 2016 8:29 am

Thanks Allan
Congrats to all podiumites.
Looking forward to next race.
Radarek
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby chappy » Sun Oct 16, 2016 9:50 am

Thanks Allan, and a cheer for the class winners.
Thanks to Luff and Keith and the lads for putting on a other great race.
Bob
chappy
Minister of Slot Racing

Postby BARC 1 » Sun Oct 16, 2016 6:28 pm

Great job. The number 20 car is causing you all kinds of problems, but it is a good learning experience for me moving to 132 from 143. The components might not be able to handle this like I thought they could, so next year it might be back to the basics for me and what I submit. My ceramic honey comb showed up last week so I might start building a brass chassis to see if I can fine tune my skills for next years entry!

I appreciate the effort you are going to to keep # 20 running. I see it has the speed in the video, but a much different drive with it's on -off characteristics.

Cheers

Dan
BARC 1
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Retro Racer 44 » Fri Oct 21, 2016 11:59 pm

Race day at the GVSCC

This afternoon we ran the Burnaby Grind. I did all the driving while Luf did the video.

Each car received three clean runs that were recorded on the sheet. If a car came off that run was aborted and re-run. Most runs were clean, but a few had minor collisions with the overhanging rock wall. Generally the cars with simple chassis and average power motors performed well, and I was driving at about my usual hill climb speeds. The cars with super hot motors struggled today as the track runs on 9 volts and they didn't suit this track. The #100 that won round one at Perry's could not complete a clean run. On the snaky part of the course it was ok, but the top of the course with the switchbacks and tight turns calls for a car to be able to coast into the tuns with some speed, swing the tail around the turn and power out. This car stopped so abruptly that it lost all momentum and then could not regain it in the turn. I tried about eight times to complete a run without success. Unfortunately it will be scored in last place.

Now to the results

Entrant Best run Finish
Dariusz Pawlowski 21.2 1
Adrian Pawlowski 21.42 2
Keith Hines 21.84 3
Bob Chapman 21.86 4
Luf Linkert 22.46 5
Mike Buss 22.94 6
Bill Beggs 23.27 7
Barbs Hills 24.14 8
Dave Capelen 24.29 9
Dan Crowley 24.36 10
Mike Dove 24.61 11
Daniel Heald 25.06 12
Steve Morrow 26.06 12
Alan Schwartz 26.39 14
Dennis Samson DNF 15
Max Rossmassler DNS 15

Chris Walker 18.81 1
Leon Luke 19.11 2
Steve Williams 19.56 3
Ron Todhunter 19.62 4
Allan Jarvis 19.65 5
Bob Goulet 20.26 6
Perry Roussy 20.44 7
Dale Carstensen 20.47 8
Andy White 20.58 9
Christian Mayer 20.78 10
Brian Samson 21.03 11
Mike Gatey 21.19 12
Russell Sheldon 21.28 13
Tony Palmer 21.29 14
Tony Bovard 21.49 15
Robert Bance 22.58 16
Jon Grainger 22.75 17
Leo Capaldi 22.98 18
Keith Wells 23.19 19

I will be updating the leaderboard shortly.

Keith
Retro Racer 44
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Retro Racer 44 » Sat Oct 22, 2016 12:35 am

Attached to this post will be the leader board. NOTE - a mistake was made transcribing the results to the leaderboard. Andy White finished 9th on the hill climb as previously reported but my old eyes followed a zigzag line and accidentally gave Leon's 2 to Andy. The leaderboard is, I believe, now correct.

The Burnaby Grind always changes the order, but some things stay the same. Dariusz and Chris are extending their leads in Class A and B, and the numbers just keep growing behind them. With three third place finishes, my GTO has moved into second place, followed by a tie for third between Adrian and Bob. With Dennis having misfortune he has dropped into a tie for fifth with Luf. In the "Race Within the Race" Barbs Hills is leading the men from the Isle of Man with Steve and Mike B. tied behind her.

In Class B there are no ties as the field strings out behind Chris's Chevron. A few of the cars in this class are very wide, and found the rock face on a few occasions. This required me to slow down to avoid tail wagging and more rock slapping.

Except for a few frustrations, I found the cars easy to drive and smooth running. The Grind is a tricky track to run, and I'm sure my experience this afternoon allowed me to run the hill tonight with greater success.

Next weekend we will be taking time off, with no race scheduled. The following weekend we will plan for race #4 out of the seven in our proxy. Hopefully we will be done by the end of November and the cars will be home before Christmas.

Cheers,

Keith
Last edited by Retro Racer 44 on Sun Oct 23, 2016 11:41 am, edited 1 time in total.
Retro Racer 44
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Rleog » Sat Oct 22, 2016 4:12 am

That was a whale of a job, Keith. Congratulations to GVSCC for running another round, and particularly to you, Keith, for shouldering the brunt of the responsibility for running the field. By running each of the cars three times you increased the validity of the results, though it certainly prolonged this round of the proxy. The Burnaby Grind, with its hillclimb format and multiple twists and turns apparently tests these cars like no other circuit at GVSCC.

Prior to seeing the results, I thought that this might be my "Last Chance" to sneak onto the podium for one of the rounds but it wasn't to be. Lots of well built, very quick cars this year.

Congratulations to the top finishers. If you're at or near the top now, you have a very versatile, quick car.

Excellent proxy, GVSCC. :text-bravo:
Enjoy a well deserved week off guys.
Rleog
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Audi1 » Sat Oct 22, 2016 4:53 am

Thanks for posting the results from the Burnaby Grind hillclimb, Keith. Bob's right, 3 clean runs per car is a lot of driving, but it really helps to give you good solid results.

Congrats, again, to Dariusz and Chris for standing on top of the podium in this Round; you guys are making it look way too easy.................! ;)

Looking forward to the video; as always.

Allan
Audi1
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Retro Racer 44 » Sat Oct 22, 2016 5:53 pm

Looking forward to the video? Well here it is. Again many thanks to Luf for the filming and editing.

Retro Racer 44
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Audi1 » Sat Oct 22, 2016 6:36 pm

Nice!!

Allan
Audi1
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby steeveew » Sat Oct 22, 2016 7:43 pm

Thanks for that.
Chris's car looks like it's glued to that track .

Steve
steeveew
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

PreviousNext

Return to The HRW Proxy Forum!