[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4773: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4775: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4776: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4777: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Home Racing World • View topic - GVSCC Targa 2

GVSCC Targa 2

PROXY Racing! A place to post race events, rules, reports & general information.

Re: GVSCC Targa 2

Postby Retro Racer 44 » Mon Oct 10, 2016 9:44 pm

The First Round of the Targa 2 is in the books.

On a Canadan Thanksgiving Monday afternoon we gathered for the first race of our proxy. There was a scheduling change, so we raced on Perry's Rocket for this first race. I know some will question the fact that I qualified the cars on the Targa and we raced the Rocket, but to me, qualifying as a non points event, is really just a way to give a starting order that will have somewhat equal cars racing each other.

Our drivers for today were local racers Duke (Brian) and Ross on lanes one and three and Daniel (dansula) on lane two. Perry worked the computer and Luf took video which will be posted after he has had a chance to do a lot of editing. Larry and I did the marshalling and I was also the recorder for the results.

We started with Class A. As the drivers were warming up for round A, the #20 Porsche 550 started driving very erratically and not staying in the slot. On inspection it was discovered that the Tim card had broken and the guide post was disconnected. Not being ably to repair it then, #20 received a DNF or really a DNS. Also The #13 had bad luck during the third heat, when one of the half shafts in the rear end came loose and the wheel moved out to the outside of the car. Since the car had completed two heats and part of the third, I totalled the score, but the position is still the same. I will contact both owners about what repairs may be done.

There were no other significant problems, although one of the Manx Cobras lost its exhaust pipe. I will include it in the return box rather than attempt a repair.

For any of you out there who did not follow the first Targa proxy, I keep the scores as a leaderboard, so your score is the same as your finishing order. The lowest score in each class at the end of the proxy is the winner.

Now to the results-

CAR # Entrant Total Laps
100 Dennis Samson 90.5
15 Dariusz Pawlowski 90.3
11 Keith Hines 85.2
23 Bob Chapman 84.9
602 Adam Pawlowski 84.5
36 Daniel Heald 83.5
150 Steve Morrow 83.3
152 Barbs Hills 82.3
29 Luf Linkert 82.3
142 Dave Capelen 82.2
148 Mike Buss 81.1
146 Mike Dove 79.6
74 Bill Beggs 71.3
104 Alan Schwartz 70.8
13 Max Rossmassler 58.1
20 Dan Crowley 0

1 Chris Walker 97.2
13 Ron Todhunter 94.9
63 Russell Sheldon 94.7
12 Allan Jarvis 94.1
56 Andy White 94.1
3 Dale Carstensen 93.0
48 Bob Goulet 92.8
85 Steve Williams 92.7
58 Brian Samson 92.7
7 Jon Grainger 92.1
5 Christian Mayer 90.9
33 Perry Roussy 90.6
2 Leon Luke 89.6
33 Tony Palmer 88.7
6 Tony Bovard 87.8
29 Mike Gatey 87.2
36 Robert Bance 84.5
111 Keith Wells 82.6
4 Leo Capaldi 81.8
Retro Racer 44
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Retro Racer 44 » Mon Oct 10, 2016 9:49 pm

A big thank you to Luf for his usual excellence in providing photos and film all in one, and we don't even have to wait until eleven.

The video is up on YouTube at

cheers,

Keith
Retro Racer 44
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby BARC 1 » Tue Oct 11, 2016 12:22 am

Good video of the action.

Too bad about the number 20 guide post coming loose. R&D will have to come up with something better

Cheers

Dan
BARC 1
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Audi1 » Tue Oct 11, 2016 4:54 am

Thanks for posting the results from Perry's Rocket, Keith.

Congrats to all of the podium finishers and a special call-out to Dennis and Dariusz for their 5 lap spacing at the top of A-class :handgestures-thumbup: :handgestures-thumbup: ; must have been fun looking at those two go at it on the Rocket! And, the same for Chris for his nearly 3 lap spacing in B-class. :text-bravo:

I'm off to view the video...........thanks Luf!

-------------------------------------------

Back from the video. I like the Christmas bows around the segment 1 turn.........! Fun to watch the Cobras sliding through the turns; just like the 1:1 cars used to do. Looking forward to the race on the new Targa! Great video, as always; thanks!

Allan
Audi1
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Radarek » Tue Oct 11, 2016 6:17 am

Radarek
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby chrisguyw » Tue Oct 11, 2016 3:13 pm

Congrats to the podiumites from both A & B classes, and for that matter to all the entrants for sending in a good looking/good performing group of cars.............and, not forgetting Keith and his helpers, for putting on this the second GVSCC proxy :text-bravo:

Cheers
Chris Walker
chrisguyw
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Retro Racer 44 » Tue Oct 11, 2016 5:22 pm

Correction! I just realized that I overlooked two ties when awarding the points for the round.

Luf who is car 29 had 82.3 total laps, the same as Barbs Hills, so both should show as 8 points on the chart.
Also Brian Samson had 92.7 laps, the same as Steve Williams, so both should show 8 points as well.

Cheers,

Keith
Retro Racer 44
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Retro Racer 44 » Tue Oct 11, 2016 5:32 pm

I should add that everyone who was in Targa 1 has stepped up their game considerably. If you find yourself in a similar position to last year it is because everyone who was involved last year has stepped up their game considerably. Also some top level builders and racers have joined this year for their first time.

All in all, it looks like it will be a great proxy and lots of fun. Now if anyone has 1/32 scale anchors we can hang on Chris and Dennis's back bumpers, we can even out the competition a bit. Oh wait, we have the Burnaby Grind Hill Climb to do that. Also Don's Attic track favours the slower cars as it is very technical with short straights. Mike's new Surrey Airport Track is 100% flat, so the good handlers should move up. Mike is still travelling around Europe, so that one will have to wait until the end of the month or early November.

I hope we will run the Targa track this coming weekend.

Cheers,

Keith
Retro Racer 44
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby steeveew » Tue Oct 11, 2016 6:00 pm

Thanks Keith,
Congrats to the podium finishers in each class.
Looks like I didn't improve from last year.
Looking forward to seeing how it all plays out.

Steve
steeveew
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Audi1 » Tue Oct 11, 2016 6:02 pm

Hi Keith, Unless I missed it, I don't think you posted the leaderboard to this forum (it's posted on the SCI board).

Allan
Audi1
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Brumos RSR » Tue Oct 11, 2016 8:21 pm

Keith and the team thanks for organizing and adjusting on the fly to get the proxy going. Congratulations to the Podium builders, it looks like there will be some close racing.
Brumos RSR
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Retro Racer 44 » Wed Oct 12, 2016 12:16 am

You're right I didn't. In my rush to get it done I also missed three ties but they are now corrected and the leaderboard I post now should be correct. Thanks for letting me know.

Keith
Retro Racer 44
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Changing-Gearz » Wed Oct 12, 2016 12:11 pm

What a pain in the brass..... Looks like metal is back this year!! It's early yet though.... And that Lola! it must have some mustard under that lid.....

Congrats to everyone entered - its such a fantastic proxy to watch from my chair! Great coverage - great video's. I feel very fortunate to be under a few of those cars....
Changing-Gearz
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Retro Racer 44 » Sat Oct 15, 2016 12:13 pm

News Flash! Targa at 2

The first run on Luf's Targa will be run this afternoon at 2 pm. A crew of club members have volunteered to give up their Saturday afternoon to play with your slot cars.

The cars are all ready, the #20 has been repaired and is ready to go, but the #13 that had bad luck with it's differential has gone home to be repaired or replaced by a substitute.

So news at 6, maybe, and film at eleven, maybe. Sorry we don't do live stream.

Stay tuned for further details.

Cheers,

Keith
Retro Racer 44
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Retro Racer 44 » Sat Oct 15, 2016 8:30 pm

Try this again. I had a long tome prepared for you all, but when I tried to add the results, the rest of it disappeared.

So without further ado, here they are. I will comment on the race shortly.

CAR # Entrant Total Laps
15 Dariusz Pawlowski 55.6
23 Bob Chapman 55.3
602 Adrian Pawlowski 55.1
11 Keith Hines 55.1
100 Dennis Samson 53.4
152 Barbs Hills 52.1
36 Daniel Heald 52.1
150 Steve Morrow 51.8
29 Luf Linkert 51.8
148 Mike Buss 51.2
142 Dave Capelen 50.6