[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4773: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4775: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4776: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4777: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Home Racing World • View topic - GVSCC Targa 2

GVSCC Targa 2

PROXY Racing! A place to post race events, rules, reports & general information.

Re: GVSCC Targa 2

Postby oldslotracer » Mon Jan 02, 2017 1:40 pm

I'm sorry to report that Keith (retro44) passed away this morning after undergoing heart surgery.
I'm in touch with his family and will look after getting everyone's proxy cars and prizes mailed off, but it will take a week or two.
We lost a great club member who really enjoyed all the proxy racing
oldslotracer

Postby Audi1 » Mon Jan 02, 2017 2:07 pm

This is the kind of news that you just can't believe. I had no idea that he was sick enough to have this even be a possible outcome.

Keith was a wonderful friend, an avid slot car enthusiast, builder and racer and someone who always went the extra mile to make racing and other things slot car-related, special for everyone.

My condolences to his family and friends. I only wish that there was something that I could have done to help.

So very sad.

Allan
Audi1
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby steeveew » Mon Jan 02, 2017 2:12 pm

Thoughts and prayers to family and friends.
He will be missed.

Steve
steeveew
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Rleog » Mon Jan 02, 2017 2:54 pm

This shocks and saddens me. I know that he had recently been ill but it still caught me off guard. Through contact provided by this board, he seemed such a kind and gentle person with a good sense of humor. My condolences to his wife and family, and to his fellows at the GVSCC. I'm sure that he will be dearly missed.
Rleog
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby BARC 1 » Mon Jan 02, 2017 3:45 pm

I am shocked. I thought he was getting better, and I took his lack of posting as a sign he was busy with Christmas activities.

This was my first 132 proxy and he helped me get the most out of the car I sent in. I was planning on thanking him more, but now that opportunity is lost. I just assumed we would be communicating more .

Another internet hobby friend succumbed to this same thing about four years ago, and he was not even 50. Pneumonia is nothing to take lightly as it is a sign your heart is not working as it should. As we get older we need to be very aware of this.

My thoughts and prayers are with his family at this difficult time. Keith was well respected and liked around here. The board has lost a very good friend, and I am saddened by this news. I guess it goes without saying to let his family now how much we will miss this most respected member.

Dan
Last edited by BARC 1 on Mon Jan 02, 2017 10:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
BARC 1
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby 4424ever » Mon Jan 02, 2017 6:02 pm

WOW what can you say, condolences to the family a great loss for everyone
4424ever
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

GVSCC Targa 2

Postby Z-carfan » Mon Jan 02, 2017 7:20 pm

I am stunned! So sad to hear, I wasn't aware of his condition. I have come to think of Keith as a friend I hadn't met in person. He was always a pleasure to chat with and encouraged me to get involved in proxy racing.
My first proxy was last years Targa and I really enjoyed his coverage of the proxy.

I will sincerely miss him as a good person and friend.
Rest easy Keith.
Mike

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Last edited by Z-carfan on Mon Jan 02, 2017 9:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Z-carfan
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby heli_ca » Mon Jan 02, 2017 7:31 pm

Very sorry to hear, condolences to his family and friends.

Leon
heli_ca

Postby Fumey » Mon Jan 02, 2017 8:19 pm

Wow. My condolences to his family and friends. His enthusiasm for this hobby was inspiring. He will be missed.
Fumey
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby chappy » Mon Jan 02, 2017 8:53 pm

I just can't find the words to express my feelings, i am just numbed by this news.
God Speed Keith
chappy
Minister of Slot Racing

Postby CrockettNZ » Mon Jan 02, 2017 10:54 pm

wow that is very sad news
the slot car community has lost a great member today
special wishes and thoughts to all his family and friends
CrockettNZ
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby oldslotracer » Tue Jan 17, 2017 5:59 pm

Hi Guys
I've just mailed out all the GVSCC proxy cars and prizes, let me know if I've screwed anything up
Thanks
Luf
oldslotracer

Postby Rleog » Thu Jan 26, 2017 9:29 am

Rleog
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Radarek » Thu Jan 26, 2017 10:27 am

Luf

All arrived in perfect condition.
Big thanks for your support and prizes.
Looking forward to next one....

Regards Dariusz aka radarek and Junior
Radarek
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Brumos RSR » Thu Jan 26, 2017 1:00 pm

Thanks for sending off the #33 which arrived safe and sound also thanks for the prize I was not expecting. Thanks to Keith and the GVSCC TEAM for organizing and running such an awesome proxy, I look forward to running with you all again soon.
Tony
Brumos RSR
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

PreviousNext

Return to The HRW Proxy Forum!