[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4773: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4775: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4776: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4777: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Home Racing World • View topic - A digital proxy?

A digital proxy?

PROXY Racing! A place to post race events, rules, reports & general information.

Re: A digital proxy?

Postby Czar » Wed Feb 03, 2016 1:07 pm

So far it seems like there are very few people getting excited about this. But that could be because the title of the thread isn't inviting to someone who currently isn't into digital. But what about the people racing digital already? Are any of you interested in a digital proxy? It will make world history! Seriously, a proxy is great fun, and a neat way to compare your tuning skills against similarly prepared cars. This race will not require special tools or extraordinary skills, so it is a good way to get introduced to proxy racing. Who is interested?
Czar
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Czar » Wed Feb 03, 2016 1:18 pm

If you have questions or concerns about proxy racing, post them here. One I will deal with now... what if my car gets broken or damaged? I have never had this happen, and I haven't read about it happening to anyone in the proxies here. Of course a car can get damaged in a proxy race, but I, and all the hosts I know and read about, understand what a privilege it is to race your car, and drive accordingly. Mirrors and wings will usually get glued back on, with your permission. But significant damage is rare. If you car is severely damaged, the honest answer is: there is no recourse. But it is very rare and should not stop you from enjoying proxy competition.
Czar
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby charley » Wed Feb 03, 2016 2:13 pm

I see no reason for me to NOT enter a proxy race other than me not having the car for the class. Heck, I can do enough damage here on my own. LOL!!! I think proxy racing is great. I have entered numerous 1/24 proxy drag races. Guess I just like showing off my cars. Sometimes you win, sometimes you loose, but it's the fun of just being able to see how your car does. I just wish I knew more about the 1/32 scale to be more competetive. Most of my proxy cars are RTR cars I have bought and "tuned" the best I know how. ( closest 1/32 track to me is 1 1/2 hour away and I don't have the room in my house )
Just my 2 cents....

Charley
charley

Postby buspor63 » Wed Feb 03, 2016 9:29 pm

I think we need a minimum of six cars to enter, I believe I've counted at least three posters so far with interest, my club can provide at least three more. As for tracks, It would be nice to have at least four venues, I've got two in town.

Put me down as an entrant. I can run Carrera DTM, Carrera Modern GT, Carrera Can Am with mods, Slot.it Group C or Racer group 5. I'm up for any motor, any tire combo too.
buspor63
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby KD11 » Wed Feb 03, 2016 10:41 pm

Count me in. I have had multiple road course layouts ranging for 75ft to 98ft. As was already mentioned it is hard to have a ghost car with any pace with small radius turns. I now have a 17ft X 6ft oval, slight banking in turns one and two of about 10 degrees, turns three and four are flat. With the wide turns I can run the ghost car or cars at a speed that can become impossible to pass. I have 3 double lane changes as will as the pit entrance. Of course I am running counter clockwise as it seems I can only turn left. If anyone is interested in adding an oval to the proxy mix I would like to give it a try. I likely would have two drivers it that's good enough.
Keith
KD11

Postby CJR » Thu Feb 04, 2016 3:38 am

I'm in but need a long lead time. Very interested.
CJR
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Czar » Thu Feb 04, 2016 7:30 am

This is encouraging. I think we should have at least 10 racers altogether. With our schedules, it will probably be late May or early June when we actually put the cars on track. Tell your friends. Honestly I prefer road courses over an oval. Maybe a solution for tracks without magnetic attraction would be to race at least three cars at a time?
Czar
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby TuscoTodd » Thu Feb 04, 2016 1:43 pm

I am interested still - but would request, for those of us that don't have digital, that for simplicity and cost savings sake, that we stick with Carrera cars.
I think it could make for a lot of fun (based on how competitive the analog versions run) and from my standpoint, the more tracks, regardless of layout, the better! (of course, you are talking to the guy that will typically run proxy fields on a banked tri-oval, a flat road course and a drag strip when they come to town!) :D
Looking forward to seeing how this progresses!
TuscoTodd
HRW Bouncer

Postby charley » Thu Feb 04, 2016 9:51 pm

Would it be possible to decide on the class and the chip but leave the mfg. open?? I am definetely interested.
charley

Postby Czar » Sat Feb 06, 2016 6:25 am

Charley, only Carrera chips work on Carrera track.
Czar
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby R/TRandy » Sat Feb 06, 2016 8:20 am

I would be interested in giving this a try. I have never been involved in a proxy race and sounds like it could be fun.
I would think one or two of the other guys I race with would also want to give this a try. I have not done a lot of
tuning so I don't know how competitive I would be, but I think it would still be fun to do.
I also think using Carrera cars would be the best choice. Stock cars with tire change rubber or urethanes and removal
of rear magnet and racing 3 or 4 cars at a time. But I am open to what ever is decided.
I would also be open to host a race on my track if needed. I could get 3 to 4 drivers for the race.

R/TRandy
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Czar » Sun Feb 07, 2016 7:17 am

Let's make this happen! It's great to see the support for this race coming together. I will start a list of interested drivers. The final details will be worked out later, but so far I think it is safe to say... it will be a proxy race using Carrera chips. During the races, there will be at least one more car on the track than lanes available (i.e. two lane track, three cars; four lane track, five cars). Cars mostly stock Carrera, with blueprinting, added weight, and urethane tires allowed. No magnets. Modern GT cars (not etched in stone, but there are so many choices).
Potential drivers: Burrell, buspor63, Charley, CJR, Czar, dw555, R/T Randy, Tusco Todd,
Czar
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby TuscoTodd » Sun Feb 07, 2016 9:08 am

TuscoTodd
HRW Bouncer

Postby dw5555 » Sun Feb 07, 2016 10:04 am

How bout letting Dtm's run with the GT's? Don't matter to me but it will give people more cars to choose from.

Dave
dw5555
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby buspor63 » Mon Feb 08, 2016 3:08 pm

buspor63
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

PreviousNext

Return to The HRW Proxy Forum!