[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4773: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4775: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4776: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4777: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Home Racing World • View topic - American Thunder invitational Fun Run

American Thunder invitational Fun Run

PROXY Racing! A place to post race events, rules, reports & general information.

American Thunder invitational Fun Run

Postby btaylor » Sun Oct 11, 2015 6:57 am

Yea, I know , we have way to many proxy's right now. That being said, this is NOT a proxy, its an invite to all the Oval guy's that have Artin American thunder stockers languishing in boxes or on shelves in the slot room. After talking to a couple of folks here on the board, I thought it would be fun to dust them off, and have a Fun Run/ photo shoot with them.
My track is a 16'x 6' Extended American thunder set, that has been painted and taped and now has six lanes.
I think we have a spot mid November that is open, and I can round up a full field of drivers to run them as a group.
Cars should be Tuned original equipment, with the exception of tires and guides. Custom livery and paint is preferred. It will be fun to see these old war horses up and running again!
Lets see if we can pay tribute to a Fun series of cars that have basically passed into the history of slot racing, along with all the Notables of the past.
For those interested, Prof. Motor still has some in stock, if a quick build suits anyone.
http://www.professormotor.com/Artin-Brand-s/165.htm
Let me know here if you want to enter a car.
Cars due at my track November 20th
Entrants so far
1. HRW
2. btaylor / host track
3. Shotgun Dave/ host track
4.TuscoTodd / host track
5.Locoracer
6.Hogan racing
7. Sadco racing
8.frank9129
9.Arrold / host track
10.Gameover / host track
11.KOzoo1/ Host track
12. mnfordguy
Last edited by btaylor on Tue Oct 20, 2015 4:42 pm, edited 4 times in total.
btaylor
Uncle Bob

Re: American Thunder invitational Fun Run

Postby sadco racing » Sun Oct 11, 2015 7:46 am

I'm in Bob, I dig these old Artins.

Steve
sadco racing
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby HomeRacingWorld » Sun Oct 11, 2015 7:52 am

LOL, well I'm in :)

And I think I can get Locoracer Tom to join in too.
HomeRacingWorld
HRW Janitor

Postby btaylor » Sun Oct 11, 2015 1:18 pm

That's great Steve! and Harry, somehow :oops: I knew you would be up for this. :lol:
Tom in the mix too? could not be more fun.

Bob
btaylor
Uncle Bob

Postby btaylor » Sun Oct 11, 2015 2:05 pm

btaylor
Uncle Bob

Postby HomeRacingWorld » Sun Oct 11, 2015 6:22 pm

Spoke with Tom, he is in.

Dave, have you ordered anything yet?
HomeRacingWorld
HRW Janitor

Postby frank9129 » Sun Oct 11, 2015 7:05 pm

I may have one or two or thirteen laying around.
frank9129
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby hoganracing » Sun Oct 11, 2015 9:29 pm

Bob,

Put me down. Surely I can muster the gumption to tune a chassis and pick a livery!

Patrick
hoganracing
Frequent Flyer

Postby k0z0oo1 » Mon Oct 12, 2015 11:48 am

I just ordered... Had a few of these, but converted with other parts, so time to build new.

I love watching my cars in Da Vols Forums Cup proxy, this should be fun too!
k0z0oo1
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby btaylor » Mon Oct 12, 2015 4:00 pm

Looks like we got us a race boy's! It will be great to see these cars on the track!
I can almost hear the Thunder already.
Thanks for jumping in on this guys!

Bob
btaylor
Uncle Bob

Postby arroldn » Mon Oct 12, 2015 5:13 pm

Bob,
I know I've got one or two in the stash of cars. Not sure if they still have the motor in them or not. If you are looking for track host I can do that as well.

Found a car. Put it on the track ran 20 qualifying laps. It was .10 slower than the slowest 2014 COY Forums cup car which have Slot.it orange end bell motors. With 5 laps to go it started slowing down. Then puff up in smoke. Can you get Artin motors our does anyone have a spare? :doh:

Just checked an MT1 has similar RPM at tested 13,253-13,817 RPM/12v - 110-115 gcm/12v, tested 90-101 gcm/12v, tested 3.1-3.3W/12v

Can you switch?

Arrold
Last edited by arroldn on Mon Oct 12, 2015 6:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
arroldn
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby hoganracing » Mon Oct 12, 2015 5:59 pm

Hey Arrold,

I can send you a spare Artin motor if you want it.

Just let me know.

Patrick
Last edited by hoganracing on Mon Oct 12, 2015 6:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
hoganracing
Frequent Flyer

Postby Gameover » Mon Oct 12, 2015 6:02 pm

I'll prolly be in bob. I have 4 bodies and a chassis or two still. Fantasy livery ok?
Gameover
Mr. Hubcaps

Postby HomeRacingWorld » Mon Oct 12, 2015 6:26 pm

HomeRacingWorld
HRW Janitor

Postby btaylor » Tue Oct 13, 2015 4:22 am

Thanks Harry, Yes Steve, Most of these Artin Stockers were done up in fantasy livery's, or at least painted and decaled to look like a current NASCAR team of the time. For those that have not done one up, they are a lot of fun to make look a little better than the factory sticker set that came with them. (although, its a great place to get head and taillights from the original sticker sheet).

Side note on other track hosts: My original thought was to just run them here, to avoid a proxy clog sending them around. But if there is enough interest, I think it would be great for others to experience these cool cars. Since this is a fun run, there would not have to be a strict time frame, and if holiday's popped up in the middle of the series, we could just hold them till the time was available.
I think it best to hear from the entrants on this before I make a decision. It looks like the 20th of November will be a good date to have them at my place to start.ImageImage

Bob
btaylor
Uncle Bob

Next

Return to The HRW Proxy Forum!