[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 429: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4773: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4775: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4776: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4777: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Home Racing World • View topic - 100th Anniversary of Indy proxy! Moving forward!

100th Anniversary of Indy proxy! Moving forward!

PROXY Racing! A place to post race events, rules, reports & general information.

Re: 100th Anniversary of Indy proxy! Moving forward!

Postby Z-carfan » Tue Jun 07, 2016 10:36 am

Just got word from France my Indy cars are on their way to me.
I ordered the 64 Watson and a 66 Lotus 38.

I'm not sure which I will try to build for this proxy, if anyone has built either car, recommendations on which may be easier (read quicker) to build?
Z-carfan
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Retro Racer 44 » Tue Jun 07, 2016 11:17 am

Comparing pics online, I would think the Watson would be easier. The Lotus has a lot of visible exhaust and suspension that would take time to build and finish.

But hey, build them both. There is still time. Just in case, start with the Watson.

Cheers,

Keith
Retro Racer 44
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby glasshorsevh » Tue Jun 07, 2016 3:35 pm

I am building one of the French Lotus 38s and in order to get it to look right, there is a lot of suspension stuff to deal with. The suspension needs to be constructed in a way that the body can be easily removed for inspection as well. Also, this is a very very small body, roughly the size of a Scaley Eagle. It needs lots and lots of material removed to fit anything in it, but I figured what would this proxy be without a Lotus 38? Only twelve bucks! Mine will be a number 17 Gurney... it's a bunch of work. By historical rights, there really should be a Jack Brabham (no. 17) Cooper Climax in there too, which I had originally planed to do and enter both, but that is not likely to happen.....

Val
glasshorsevh
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Z-carfan » Tue Jun 07, 2016 5:56 pm

I think based on these two comments here, I will shoot for the Watson. Hope it arrives before I go on a travel vacation at the end of the month.
Maybe I can hack on it while I'm there. ")

Val, is the Lotus a solid body? I wonder if the Watson is as well. I know hey were meat for static display. If they are, I have a lot of digging and grinding to do.
Z-carfan
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby glasshorsevh » Tue Jun 07, 2016 6:49 pm

glasshorsevh
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby bookie » Sun Jul 03, 2016 7:10 am

bookie
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Audi1 » Sun Jul 03, 2016 1:01 pm

..........turn it 90 degrees...................that's what I'm going to have to do. The French-made resin casts are somewhat (how's that for understatement..............) overscaled; more like 1/38 than 1/32.............

Allan
Audi1
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby bookie » Mon Jul 04, 2016 9:54 am

I've been in contact with Jerome and after viewing some pics, he said the car I have is his 1/43 scale version sent by mistake. He said a correct version will be posted directly. Lets see 4 to 5 weeks across the pond. I wonder why a package can arrive from England in 7 days, why does it take the French weeks
Last edited by bookie on Mon Jul 04, 2016 2:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
bookie
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Audi1 » Sun Jul 17, 2016 1:28 pm

I think it's the end of August, but Dave will know for sure.

Allan
Audi1
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Z-carfan » Sun Jul 17, 2016 3:50 pm

Matt that looks great! What did you use for the exhaust and roll hoop? Looks like chrome to me. Are they metal or plastic?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Z-carfan
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby bookie » Sun Jul 17, 2016 4:50 pm

I don't know if the replacement body will arrive in time from France
bookie
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby patwa » Sun Jul 17, 2016 8:05 pm

This is close to my heart gentlemen. Good luck with the proxy.
The French bodies are a challenge but persistence prevails.

patwa
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Audi1 » Mon Jul 18, 2016 4:22 am

[quote="patwa"]This is close to my heart gentlemen. Good luck with the proxy.
The French bodies are a challenge but persistence prevails.

Hi patwa, could you please provide some more detail (pics, body, motor, chassis) on the Marmon Wasp that you built from the French body? I'm struggling with building out that body right now. Thanks in advance.

Allan
Audi1
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Retro Racer 44 » Mon Jul 18, 2016 10:59 am

Allan, that Wasp looks a lot bigger than yours. Did they also send you a 1/43 one?

Keith
Retro Racer 44
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Audi1 » Mon Jul 18, 2016 2:18 pm

Yes, that Wasp looks more right-sized; since it was a bigger car than the more modern-looking racers that followed it. Our man in France may have sent a 1/43 model; I have no idea, I just know that I have a very small body to work with!

Allan
Audi1
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

PreviousNext

Return to The HRW Proxy Forum!