[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4773: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4775: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4776: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4777: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Home Racing World • View topic - 100th Anniversary of Indy proxy! Moving forward!

100th Anniversary of Indy proxy! Moving forward!

PROXY Racing! A place to post race events, rules, reports & general information.

100th Anniversary of Indy proxy! Moving forward!

Postby btaylor » Tue Aug 18, 2015 5:44 pm

I want to propose a Proxy Commemorating the 100th Anniversary of the Indy 500.
The cars would be due sometime in May to coincide with the big race on or before the 29th.
In this race I would like for everyone to build a Vintage Indy car From the Narrow wheel and tire days. Kind of a Historic tribute to the boys of the brickyard (Bob) get it? :lol:
There are a bunch of available bodies out there, but I would like to have a cutoff date being somewhere around the pre wing days?
The details can be worked out in time, I am checking for interest here. I have several bodies that would work for this and will be glad to provide to those willing to build them for the race. of course there are plenty of other bodies too. plastic or resin
Kick it around a bit, and give me some feedback. plenty of time yet. and yes Harry, the Smokey car would be legal in this one. just sayin.......

Bob
btaylor
Uncle Bob

Re: 100th Anniversary of Indy proxy????

Postby chappy » Tue Aug 18, 2015 6:14 pm

Hey wait for me , I wanna play too.
Bob C
chappy
Minister of Slot Racing

Postby HomeRacingWorld » Tue Aug 18, 2015 6:21 pm

HomeRacingWorld
HRW Janitor

Postby waaytoomuchintothis » Tue Aug 18, 2015 6:56 pm

Last edited by waaytoomuchintothis on Tue Aug 18, 2015 7:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
waaytoomuchintothis
"Seasoned SlotRacer"

Postby Z-carfan » Tue Aug 18, 2015 7:02 pm

Ooh, this sounds like a fun one.
Z-carfan
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby btaylor » Tue Aug 18, 2015 7:03 pm

Look like a bit of interest! Cool!
Harry, there will be tech inspections.....Again, just sayin......

Plenty of room for you Bob!

BobT
btaylor
Uncle Bob

Postby Retro Racer 44 » Tue Aug 18, 2015 7:03 pm

Assuming you are talking 1/32 scale, I'm in. Does that include rear engined, turbos etc as long as they are pre-wing. If so the cut off would be sometime mid 60s I guess, eh? Some of the last pre-wing cars were starting to have wider rubber. I guess that time period would have to be pinned down, but I'm in anyway.

Keith
Retro Racer 44
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby chappy » Tue Aug 18, 2015 7:26 pm

I think with the open wheels , I will put a parachute on mine, been there done that airbourne.
I'm sure I can find a body for this but will await the yrs to be posted.
Man the fun never stops around here .
B
chappy
Minister of Slot Racing

Postby Gameover » Tue Aug 18, 2015 7:28 pm

Yep ill build my first open wheel. Im hoping i can snacth a body from dave or bob for this.
Gameover
Mr. Hubcaps

Postby Retro Racer 44 » Tue Aug 18, 2015 8:14 pm

After a bit of Googling, the winged cars start to show up about 1970, so if we make the limit 1969 we include the turbos and early rear engined cars, as well as Smokey's side pod car. Unless, of course we want front engined cars only. Since it is the 100th anniversary, we could open it up to any Indy car. I have a slot car of the 2005 Dan Weldon winner IRL car. Does anyone make a model of the #1 winning Marmon Wasp? Just kidding!
Retro Racer 44
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby chappy » Tue Aug 18, 2015 8:25 pm

I've got a 67 PaxtoTurbo or a 55 Kurtis Kraft .
Would either of them work Bob.
Bob C
chappy
Minister of Slot Racing

Postby Z-carfan » Tue Aug 18, 2015 10:54 pm

Retro, do you have that DW car or did you build it? Sorry, heart stopped for a moment when I read that.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Z-carfan
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Retro Racer 44 » Tue Aug 18, 2015 11:19 pm

Retro Racer 44
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby SLOTTING SINCE 1963 » Wed Aug 19, 2015 1:33 am

I am very keen.Always loved and still do the older cars.
SLOTTING SINCE 1963
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby btaylor » Wed Aug 19, 2015 4:19 am

This picture Shotgun posted says a lot. It shows just how diverse the Racing at Indy was in the earlier years. There would be a lot of choices for this race in that respect. Image
btaylor
Uncle Bob

Next

Return to The HRW Proxy Forum!