[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4773: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4775: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4776: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4777: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Home Racing World • View topic - 100th Anniversary of Indy proxy! Moving forward!

100th Anniversary of Indy proxy! Moving forward!

PROXY Racing! A place to post race events, rules, reports & general information.

Re: 100th Anniversary of Indy proxy????

Postby waaytoomuchintothis » Sun May 01, 2016 4:05 pm

Keith, you got Graham Hill's moustache! Fantastic!
waaytoomuchintothis
"Seasoned SlotRacer"

Re: 100th Anniversary of Indy proxy! Moving forward!

Postby chappy » Mon May 09, 2016 7:11 pm

Dave it depends on the datefor first run. Nothing started yet, and I am away all of June.
However Riverslide Tri Oval is available if I cant get an entry ready just the same.
Bob
chappy
Minister of Slot Racing

Postby Retro Racer 44 » Tue May 10, 2016 12:43 am

You know I'm in and ready. I have drawn out a three lane oval on a 4x8 of mdf, and will be routing it some time in the next couple of weeks. It isn't Indy, but your welcomed to send the cars here for a round in a couple of months.

Bob, that gives you the rest of May to get your car finished, eh?

Good to see this one starting up, I was getting worried.

Keith
Retro Racer 44
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby DixonJohn » Tue May 10, 2016 11:12 am

Depending on start date I could be persuade to join. Depends on my schedule with the truck Need a body though.
DixonJohn
"The Mayor"

Re: 100th Anniversary of Indy proxy????

Postby McLiams » Wed May 11, 2016 4:27 am

McLiams
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Retro Racer 44 » Wed May 18, 2016 2:18 pm

I just finished watching some live streaming of practice at Indy, and thought about our proxy. Dave has offered to take it over, but so far only a couple of the original entrants have responded.

Is this thing going to happen, or has the moment of opportunity passed, and people are on to other builds for other proxies?

I hope it is going to happen, and fairly soon, as I have my two cars finished and ready to ship.

That said, it would not be the end of the world if I just raced them in our club, or saved them for some other event later.

I will just wait to see what develops, but if you plan to enter, please let us all know. We don't really need that many cars, and I expect we will not get 33, but the Indy 500 might not either.

Cheers,

Keith
Retro Racer 44
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Retro Racer 44 » Thu May 19, 2016 11:41 am

Looks like some people need a couple of months, but we haven't heard from the rest. How about mid to late summer? Would that work for everyone? It is going to go a couple of months at least, so when we start would just be the critical date to decide on.

Pick a date and post a registration page and see what happens, eh?

Cheers,

Keith
Retro Racer 44
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby glasshorsevh » Fri May 20, 2016 11:27 am

If this race is pushed to at least the end of June, I have a resin Lotus 38 '65 that I could have ready. We may need to field another driver as Alice won't be back from the Trans-Ams.... Hmmm, that won't be a pretty conversation.....

Val
glasshorsevh
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby btaylor » Mon May 30, 2016 9:07 am

Hope to get two of these shipped out this week! one brass built and one plastic chassis. Image
btaylor
Uncle Bob

Postby chappy » Mon May 30, 2016 10:05 am

Wow , beautiful cars Bob.
I would have a hard time picking from them.
Bob C
chappy
Minister of Slot Racing

Postby Audi1 » Mon May 30, 2016 3:04 pm

Definitely, the two in the front row! :handgestures-thumbup: :handgestures-thumbup: (assuming one is brass and the other plastic chassis).

Allan
Audi1
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Retro Racer 44 » Mon May 30, 2016 3:15 pm

Hey, send all four. The more the merrier.
Retro Racer 44
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Audi1 » Mon May 30, 2016 7:30 pm

Agree - send all 4 of them!

Allan
Audi1
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Audi1 » Mon Jun 06, 2016 9:58 am

I'm in - and I'm building the Marmon Wasp.

It's definitely going to be a challenge, but we'll see how it works out. I'm not building this one for position on the scoreboard; just to commemorate the first winner of the Indy 500. The body is in from France; now we'll see about a brass chassis for it. It's so narrow that the slimcan motor will need to be mounted vertically in the front and it will need a driveshaft - just like the original.

I will need lots of help and lots of luck...................

Allan
Audi1
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Retro Racer 44 » Mon Jun 06, 2016 11:55 am

Matt, I don't see that anyone answered your question about weight. I tend to build heavy but to give you a guide, my Lotus turbine weighs 82.9g and the Paxton turbine is 86.7g.

None of our club members have an oval any more, so I have no place to test. I have a 4x8 three lane oval drawn out on a sheet of mdf, but haven't had a chance to route it yet. Both my cars run very well on road courses, a so I feel confident they won't be last on an oval.

Allan, I can't wait to see that Marmon finished. Keep the pics coming. This is going to be like the running of the Indy historics that they always do before the 500. If they do this one again, I will build up Wilbur Shaw's Maserati.

Cheers,

Keith
Retro Racer 44
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

PreviousNext

Return to The HRW Proxy Forum!