[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4773: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4775: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4776: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4777: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Home Racing World • View topic - 100th Anniversary of Indy proxy! Moving forward!

100th Anniversary of Indy proxy! Moving forward!

PROXY Racing! A place to post race events, rules, reports & general information.

Re: 100th Anniversary of Indy proxy! Moving forward!

Postby Z-carfan » Mon Jul 18, 2016 8:48 pm

Well, I have the body almost there, the Devis chassis seems to fit. Some small mods to go.

Ordered proper wheels, tires, and my FF-50 can motor from or friends at SCC.

I like the wire wheels but they are only for test mounting purposes. I am going to use the resin wheels from the kit.

Brass rod in the chassis for the front mount but I think I'm going to go with the .030 brass plate. Testing the fit here to get a feel for how I'm cutting it.

I am feeling the stance with this car. Could it be lower?
All Chassis components are the Devis 3D design scratch builders components.

Nose is a little twisted, but I may not address it, it's my first open wheel scratch build and I want it to make it for the August date.
It's a fun run and I don't want to mess the body up, I can live with a little distortion. Those are stock 54mm Slot it axles... may need some trimming there as well. :)
Z-carfan
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby chappy » Mon Jul 18, 2016 9:31 pm

:violence-stickwhack: :violence-stickwhack: :violence-stickwhack:
Major screw up here in the North, tested my car today and it ran reallly good , even I was impressed.
1964 Novi Ferguson Penelope Pitlane Chassis ,,, som far so good.
power plant Flat 6r Slot it. :scared-eek:
Yep reread the rules and has to be an 18k slimline and 3:1 ratio.

Now I start all over again. I dont have the heart to take the motor and chassis out and try and fit an FF in it, its a nice one.
So back to, the Drawing board with the Auto Union car.
Whats the deadline again?
Boob oops Bob
chappy
Minister of Slot Racing

Postby Audi1 » Tue Jul 19, 2016 4:15 am

End of August, Bob.

Isn't the Slot.It Flat 6 the same as a slimline motor, anyway...........................?!? It's certainly slimmer than a stock FC-180................................ :laughing-rolling:

Allan
Audi1
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby chappy » Tue Jul 19, 2016 9:07 am

By Jove Allan I do believe you may be right sir,,, lol
chappy
Minister of Slot Racing

Postby patwa » Wed Jul 20, 2016 6:54 am

Sorry for the delay regarding the French Marmon Wasp.
I have been in transit back from work.
Yes it is small and a bit of a head scratcher.
The wheel base is 80 mm. Wheels are Vintage by Penelope pit stop.
The motor is an FF 18k. Hot glued in.
The rear axle bushes are attached to the body directly.
The front axle / chassis is scratch built brass, the drop front axle is solid brass square stock with SCX round axle bushes soldered on
( I think the look was pretty close) supported by leaf springs also shaped from brass flat stock that are attached to the resin body chassis rails (super glue).
The rear view mirror was a huge PIA. Brass to try and protect the model ( sort of roll bar).
Yes it is digital, yes it has a mag. Sticks well enough to be practical and looks great on the track.
I hope the pics help.Cheers

patwa
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Audi1 » Wed Jul 20, 2016 3:41 pm

Thanks a lot, patwa. Definitely very helpful. You managed to fit the FF-050 slimcan motor in it's proper position (rather than running it vertically). That's encouraging. I'll get my dremel back out!

I lack the skills needed to form the front axle as you did, as well as some of the other features, but your pics and description are spurring me on to complete my Wasp. We'll see how it looks in the end. Not like yours, I'm sure, but I hope close enough to the 1:1 car to make it a reasonable candidate to run for the 100 Years of Indy Proxy.

Allan
Audi1
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby glasshorsevh » Wed Jul 20, 2016 7:37 pm

I have been laid up in the hospital since July 1st, but have a lotus 38 about 90% complete for this proxy. I am supposed too be home this Saturday. When is the deadline date for entry's to arrive?

Val
glasshorsevh
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Retro Racer 44 » Thu Jul 21, 2016 1:33 pm

Would it be a fair assumption that I could mail off my two turbos to you any time now? Is your address still the same?

Keith
Retro Racer 44
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby glasshorsevh » Thu Jul 21, 2016 5:54 pm

glasshorsevh
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Retro Racer 44 » Fri Jul 22, 2016 2:04 pm

A bright red transporter was seen leaving Maple Ridge, bound for California. It obviously contains cars sponsored by STP and probably are the efforts of Andy Granatelli and the Canadian branch of his team STP. The transporter appears to be the right size for two cars. If the highway is clear and customs doesn't get picky about race cars from Canada, they should make it down the coast in about a week. If they are lucky they might hook up with a convoy and get there in a few days. We'll keep our ears on, eh?

Cheers,

Keith
Retro Racer 44
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby chappy » Fri Aug 12, 2016 5:00 pm

Dang nabbit I did it again. found an 18 k motor , put it in and was reading through again to see the tracks , so I could decide on the guide.
AND IF I DIDNT PUT A BABY KING IN THE CAR. :scared-eek: Sure its under 18 k but its not a slimline FF050 as the rules clearly state and ive read time and again,, Maybe a seniors moment ? :violence-stickwhack:
Well it wouldn't be the first motor ive pulled would it lol.
OK Im blaming it on the medication that's my story and im sticking to it. :music-rockout:
Back to the motor bay .
Bob
chappy
Minister of Slot Racing

Postby Z-carfan » Sun Aug 21, 2016 2:36 pm

Looks like that will run well.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Z-carfan
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby glasshorsevh » Fri Aug 26, 2016 7:07 am

Everything that could go wrong, did with this car. I am still in a sling for another three weeks, so has anyone ever tried decaling one handed? Not my best work, but it is done. There will be a Lotus 38 in the field. The picture does it all kinds of justice... Sending it out today.

Val

Looks very good to me!

Mine don't come out that well............and I use 2 hands, sometimes my nose and, on occasion, my right side big toe......................! :D

Allan
glasshorsevh
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Z-carfan » Fri Aug 26, 2016 9:00 am

Definitely looks good from here.

Now if I could get my Watson finished.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Z-carfan
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby glasshorsevh » Fri Aug 26, 2016 9:35 am

Thanks Guys, but it truly is rougher up close and in person. Dave, I promise that '41 Plymouth you cast for my beach racing entry will be much cleaner and will run better. There'll be a bit more room to work with as well...

Val
glasshorsevh
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Previous

Return to The HRW Proxy Forum!