[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4773: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4775: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4776: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4777: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Home Racing World • View topic - Under 2.0 Liter TA

Under 2.0 Liter TA

PROXY Racing! A place to post race events, rules, reports & general information.

Re: Under 2.0 Liter TA

Postby dreinecke » Wed Jul 22, 2015 9:53 pm

The next time Steve says talking with me is a "Date", I'm voting his fanny right off this forum! :D

We did talk and I've got a good idea of what I'm planning. I'll talk to the Boss and with the Kings of Proxy (Shotgun and some crazy Dragonman) and we'll get it posted up soon. I'm glad Steve brought this up, I just wasn't ready quite yet!
dreinecke
King of the Dum-Dums!

Postby Retro Racer 44 » Wed Jul 22, 2015 11:23 pm

Since this is the under 2 litre TransAm, may I suggest an under 20K motor limit for it. This would mean no Orange Slot.its, Piranhas, Flat 6 or Boxers, only stock Scaley, Fly, Carrera, etc S-cans and H&R Hawks or similar powered motors.
Retro Racer 44
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby dr fabio » Thu Jul 23, 2015 4:09 am

dr fabio
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby btaylor » Thu Jul 23, 2015 4:17 am

btaylor
Uncle Bob

Postby studioRS » Fri Jul 24, 2015 3:48 am

This under 2,0 liter Trans-Am race series sounds humdinger cool! The T-Shirt designs will be fun.

@Fabio - Correct all 1965-72 Porsche 911s were under 2,5ltr until 1973 Carrera RS 2,7.
Cheers, Thompson
studioRS
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby HomeRacingWorld » Fri Jul 24, 2015 6:38 am

After speaking with Dave last night, he clearly has it all lined out.

It will be a fun race event. He will post all the info soon. But first he has to babysit me another day.
HomeRacingWorld
HRW Janitor

Postby dr fabio » Fri Jul 24, 2015 4:15 pm

So its not a date then Harry? :D
dr fabio
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby dr fabio » Wed Jul 29, 2015 3:47 am

Hey Dave. Will you be allowing the Porsche 911 as an under 2L car for the proxy? If so then I might grab the one being offered at the moment.
dr fabio
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Audi1 » Wed Jul 29, 2015 5:31 am

Audi1
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby chappy » Wed Jul 29, 2015 8:54 am

From what I can see , the 914 was under 2 liter, being 1.7, 1.8, and then 2.0, however I only see it in trans am from 1973 to 1978.
The 2 liter was actually 1978cc so under 2 liters.
I did the usual wiki checks for the info.
Hope this helps. Very smart car.
Bob
chappy
Minister of Slot Racing

Postby loosewheel » Wed Jul 29, 2015 10:02 am

Except for the 914/6 which was a 2.4 six cylinder. I'm not sure which of the two ran Trans-Am.
loosewheel
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby chappy » Wed Jul 29, 2015 12:35 pm

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Porsche_914

I know what you mean loose.
I was a bit confused when I got to that part aswell.
seeing as it was later in the production run it may have been the 2.4, but
I think Porsche would have wanted more than that to run in the over 2 liter class.
Although you never know.
However the 914/6 came in at 1991 cc still under 2 liters according to Wiki
under the technical spec chart.
Bob
chappy
Minister of Slot Racing

Postby VTECFOUR » Wed Jul 29, 2015 1:04 pm

I'd consider entering my Lotus Europa, but is it eligible?

It was an under 2 litre engined car but I don't believe ever ran in the TA series.

What's the proxy master's ruling?

Dan
VTECFOUR
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby chappy » Wed Jul 29, 2015 3:47 pm

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of ... es_marques

Here is a list of what did run my marque and nation of manufacture.
Just click in the brands and it brings up more info, again Wiki.
Bob
chappy
Minister of Slot Racing

Postby dreinecke » Wed Jul 29, 2015 4:29 pm

Gents - I will be posting the info by this weekend. To be clear though: It will cover Over AND Under 2L in 1966-1972 only and it will have to be a car that ran in the series at that time. There will be limits on motors, size, etc
dreinecke
King of the Dum-Dums!

PreviousNext

Return to The HRW Proxy Forum!