[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4773: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4775: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4776: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4777: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Home Racing World • View topic - GVSCC Targa Florio Proxy

GVSCC Targa Florio Proxy

PROXY Racing! A place to post race events, rules, reports & general information.

Re: GVSCC Targa Florio Proxy

Postby Retro Racer 44 » Thu Jun 25, 2015 9:24 pm

I have been a bit busy the last month and not done much updating of this thread, but I fixed that tonight.

The participant spreadsheet at the bottom of page 1 has been updated. If you see blanks beside your name, please post or PM me the info so I can update it. If you don't see your name and want to join the fun, check out the rules on page 1 and let me know. We have a good roster already entered, roughly split between the low powered and high powered classes. There is room for more and plenty of time to get a car ready to race.

Cheers,

Keith
Retro Racer 44
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Retro Racer 44 » Wed Jul 01, 2015 3:02 pm

Retro Racer 44
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Audi1 » Thu Jul 02, 2015 4:27 am

Wow, that is one nicely decorated track! Looks like a real through-the-streets road race......

Allan
Audi1
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Retro Racer 44 » Wed Jul 15, 2015 5:10 pm

Hi all;

We have about three months until the start of the Targa proxy, and I have had requests for my Paypal address and where to send the cars.

As some of you know, I am moving at the end of the month which will result in a possible disruption of my internet access. Then I will be busy unpacking and getting the new place in order, so I will be sending out my Paypal info around the first of September, and entrants can send their registration then.

There is still room for some more entrants, so it does not appear we will have to bump anyone. Haha!

Get those cars together, and enjoy the rest of your summer, or winter if you live down under, eh?

Cheers,

Keith
Retro Racer 44
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby waaytoomuchintothis » Wed Jul 15, 2015 5:36 pm

I know I'm too far away and too old to be any help, but it does sound to me like you are in the position a lot of our HRW guys have been in-- facing a big move that means moving an elaborate hand-made track. Do you have any help? That is a big job, man. Something like that is when I hope people have dozens of grandchildren, ya know?
waaytoomuchintothis
"Seasoned SlotRacer"

Postby Retro Racer 44 » Wed Jul 15, 2015 8:35 pm

My grandkids are too little. I have six, but the oldest is only four. I do however have six kids, and they have already been enlisted. They helped us move out all the extra stuff for showing our place, and my #2 son has all that stuff in his garage.

Since I already live in a condo, the only track I have is a 9 square foot two lane oval called the Minidrome. One of the things I am looking forward to in the new place is my half of the double garage for the oval with inside road course that I plan to build.

The movers have been hired to truck everything, but my next week is going to be packing, packing and more packing. I sincerely hope this is the last time I ever have to move, eh?

Thanks for the good wishes. It is going to be good once we're settled.

Cheers,

Keith
Retro Racer 44
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Retro Racer 44 » Wed Aug 19, 2015 5:44 pm

I am all settled into my new digs and it is time to get working on our Targa Florio Proxy again. I have updated the participant list that is attached to the last post on page 1 of this thread. I will soon be PMing entrants to get updated info about their cars, if necessary, and give Paypal and shipping info. Still time to enter if anyone missed this earlier.

Cheers,

Keith
Retro Racer 44
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby steeveew » Wed Aug 19, 2015 6:57 pm

Thanks for the update.

Steve
steeveew
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby chappy » Wed Aug 19, 2015 7:48 pm

Thanks Keith, I am ready when you are.
Glad you got into the new digs ok, and space for a track too.
Bob
chappy
Minister of Slot Racing

Postby Retro Racer 44 » Thu Sep 03, 2015 4:06 pm

Hello to all entrants into our GVSCC Targa Florio Proxy.

Last night I sent info PMs to each of you with my Paypal info and mailing address.

If you are entering and contacted me through this forum, PM me if you didn't get the info, as I may have missed sending it to you.

Payment of the fee should be sent within the next few weeks, and the cars should be mailed shortly after the beginning of October for arrival by Nov 1 at the latest.

It is a good idea to PM me when the car is sent and if you have a tracking number include it in the note.

REMEMBER- the customs declaration should read "TOY CAR FOR COMPETITION, WILL BE RETURNED TO SENDER AFTER THE RACES".

We have close to forty entrants, so this is going to be a great proxy. New club tracks are under construction, and may be added to the ones already shown.

Should be fun, eh?

Keith
Retro Racer 44
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Retro Racer 44 » Thu Sep 03, 2015 7:14 pm

Retro Racer 44
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Retro Racer 44 » Sat Sep 05, 2015 12:16 pm

Retro Racer 44
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Retro Racer 44 » Thu Sep 17, 2015 4:27 pm

The start of the Targa Florio Proxy is just a little over a month away. Thank you to all of you who have either paid your fee or indicated it will soon be on the way.

There are still a few of you that I have not heard back from since your indication of joining the proxy. I hope you are still with us and I will hear from you soon.

Since I know that sometimes life gets in the way of play, thanks to the few who have dropped out and let me know. Sorry things didn't work out this time, but I am sure this event will be repeated in coming years.

There is still time for others to enter if you have a car all ready that fits the rules.

If you have lost the PM with my Paypal address and mailing info, please ask for it and I will re-send it. This also is true for anyone I may have missed with this info.

There are several good prizes for this proxy, and also items for all who enter.

When mailing your car, don't forget to declare it as "Toy Car for Competition, will be returned to sender after the races". Online postage sometimes puts in the wrong thing and we get charged duty and taxes by Canada Customs.

Talk to you soon,

Keith
Retro Racer 44
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Retro Racer 44 » Fri Sep 18, 2015 2:57 pm

Official Entry List

The following is the list of entrants that I have so far, listed in class by car number and showing paid beside those whose Paypal has been received. If any of this info is missing or incorrect, please let me know.

There is probably not time to build a car now, but if you have one that fits the rules there is still room for entries.

Thanks,

Keith

Class A

3. Dale Carstensen pd rec'd
4. Leo Capaldi pd rec'd
11. Mike Gatey pd
17. Doug Johnson pd
23. Bob Chapman pd rec'd
36. Daniel Heald
73. Bill Beggs pd rec'd
79. Don McLellan pd rec'd
87. Keith Hines pd rec'd
148. Stewart Harding pd rec'd
222. Adrienne pd
238. Christian Mayer pd rec'd

Class B

1. Roger Lambert pd
3. Mike Karr pd rec'd
4. Andy White pd rec'd
6. Tony Bovard pd rec'd
8. Dave Zgoda pd rec'd
11. Steve Williams pd rec'd
12. Barbs Hills pd rec'd
13. Ron Todhunter pd rec'd
20. Chris Walker pd rec'd
24. Mike Dove pd rec'd
24L. Luf Linkert pd rec'd
33. Perry Roussy pd
34. Allan Jarvis pd rec'd
36. Robert Bance pd rec'd
48. Bob Goulet pd rec'd
61. Mike Buss pd rec'd
111. Keith Wells pd rec'd
224. Dennis Samson pd
238. Dave Capelen pd rec'd
602. Tony Palmer pd rec'd

Don Crossley pd
Last edited by Retro Racer 44 on Sat Oct 31, 2015 12:46 am, edited 11 times in total.
Retro Racer 44
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Retro Racer 44 » Tue Sep 22, 2015 6:29 pm

Last edited by Retro Racer 44 on Wed Sep 23, 2015 4:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Retro Racer 44
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

PreviousNext

Return to The HRW Proxy Forum!