[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4773: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4775: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4776: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4777: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Home Racing World • View topic - **NEW ** Piranha Slot Motors Now Available!!!

**NEW ** Piranha Slot Motors Now Available!!!

Check here for new product updates and technical help.

**NEW ** Piranha Slot Motors Now Available!!!

Postby SlotCarCorner » Fri Nov 21, 2014 9:57 am

SlotCarCorner
SCC Mechanic

Re: **NEW ** Piranha Slot Motors Now Available!!!

Postby turbokev » Fri Nov 21, 2014 10:37 am

I just ordered enough of them to strip a cow in no time :mrgreen:

seriously, great price point for a 21.5K motor that already has quality wires installed and is ready to hook up to existing braids..

I'm remotoring my Modifieds.. all 5 of them~

Do they come with a Piranha sticker? I've got a box full of SCC stickers, I need a piranha sticker :lol:

Thanks as always guys.. great stuff at great prices.
turbokev
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby SlotCarCorner » Fri Nov 21, 2014 11:03 am

We'll get to work on some Piranha stickers.

:)
SlotCarCorner
SCC Mechanic

Postby Retro Racer 44 » Fri Nov 21, 2014 12:35 pm

Now that is a motor you could really build a proxy around. Way to go SCC, SCCC and CLR.
Retro Racer 44
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby nhdungeonracer » Fri Nov 21, 2014 11:42 pm

nhdungeonracer
SCC Mechanic

Postby Modlerbob » Sat Nov 22, 2014 8:30 am

I ordered three of them from another HRW sponsor and I hope they live up to their billing. I have always thought that for a medium length track, in my case 65', that a 21.5-22K motor delivers the right amount of acceleration and top end. But replacing all my Fly and Scaley motors with $20 or more motors is a bit expensive.
Modlerbob
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby RichD » Wed Nov 26, 2014 12:16 pm

I got three motors yesterday, I was ambitious enough to test them today. Each motor was oiled and run for 30 minutes at 6 volts. After the run-in was done I sprayed the commutator with contact cleaner to remove any dust that might have gotten into the slots and re-oiled the endbell bearing. I used a non-contact tachometer to measure the RPMs with the motor running at 12 volts. I read 23.3, 23.5 and 23.9K RPMs. I will put one of the motors into a car that now has a 21.5K motor that I feel is a little sluggish. I don't have my own 1/32nd track, so I won't know how the new motor works in a car until next week.
RichD
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby SlotCarCorner » Wed Nov 26, 2014 9:37 pm

Hello Rich,

Thank you for taking the time to do the testing and to share the results with HRW readers.

:text-thankyouyellow:
SlotCarCorner
SCC Mechanic

Postby eAddict » Mon Feb 02, 2015 11:03 am

eAddict

Postby HomeRacingWorld » Mon Feb 02, 2015 12:03 pm

Any brand of compressed contact cleaner will work.

I use this at work and home. HOME Depot and others carry it.

After having an official race with these motors I really like them more than I thought I would. Good value and they work.
HomeRacingWorld
HRW Janitor

Postby turbokev » Mon Feb 02, 2015 3:49 pm

turbokev
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby noddaz » Mon Jun 01, 2015 5:27 am

These motors are GREAT!

But what is up next? Any chance of a FK-180 style @17k RPM motor in the Piranha price range?

Just asking...

Scott
noddaz
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby SlotCarCorner » Mon Jun 01, 2015 5:47 am

Hello Scott,

There are several potential motors with different can sizes, RPM and torque being kicked around. We'll certainly add your request to the list of candidates. At this point, we don't have a firm timeframe for the next Piranha release (rest assured it will be announced here when we do).

:text-thankyouyellow:
SlotCarCorner
SCC Mechanic

Return to Slot Car Corner News Center