[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4773: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4775: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4776: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4777: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Home Racing World • View topic - XLR installation instructions?

XLR installation instructions?

Check here for new product updates and technical help.

XLR installation instructions?

Postby turbokev » Mon Nov 10, 2014 5:24 am

Hi guys.. I'm finally getting around to adding XLR connectors to our controllers (drivers stations are already wired and have the female side) and I had saved a link to the instructions on your site..
This morning I went to the link and all the pictures are missing.. Do you have a pdf or is there another link so I can see what the process is?

Thanks!!
turbokev
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Re: XLR installation instructions?

Postby SlotCarCorner » Mon Nov 10, 2014 5:36 am

Hello Kev,

The article and pictures were stored on a Server that was recently migrated to a different Server. We're in the process of trying to restore everything; however, it is slow going. The most important thing is the pinout which is as follows:

Pin 1 - Black
Pin 2 - White
Pin 3 - Red

Hope this at least gets you going.

:)
SlotCarCorner
SCC Mechanic

Postby turbokev » Mon Nov 10, 2014 6:11 am

That'll work :text-bravo:
turbokev
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby turbokev » Mon Nov 10, 2014 7:24 am

update: No more alligator clips for us.. XLR's are working perfectly first time, it's a miracle!
(well, if you know me and electronics it's a miracle) :lol:
turbokev
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby RichD » Mon Nov 10, 2014 9:57 am

Many years ago I recommended using XLR plugs on an HO board but nobody liked the idea at the time. I was familiar with XLR plugs because I had recorded live concerts using pro equipment for a long time. Steve of SCC races with Shoreline Model Raceways, he suggested that we use XLR plugs. Soon all of our tracks were switched over. We did joint races with several other clubs, visitors liked the XLR plugs so much that they went home and installed them as well. The HO racers seem to be mired in the '60s, I have not been to an HO track with XLR plugs. I think I will add them to my own track to see if I can get those Luddites moving into the 21st century.
RichD
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby SlotCarCorner » Mon Nov 10, 2014 11:00 am

SlotCarCorner
SCC Mechanic

Postby vins123 » Mon Nov 10, 2014 12:30 pm

Hi
I am an ho racer, i have been use tomy tracks since mid 80, those are nice plugs so you can race clockwise or counterclokwise without any mod or changing place but for timing with a datarace Aurora 1422 with sound tower you had to make a 180 degree if you wanted timing and a few years ago, he modernize is layout now were are using dual power track with and AFX electronic control station it is not the same, you have 4 possiblilities to race without changing positions, i have to say my friend layout is about 75 foot with train and it is somekind of multilevel racetrack(sorry no picture), for racing we are using 45 ohms Parma controllers and ajustable transfos train so we can race anykind of cars.. for us it is the 21 century.
Sylvain
vins123
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby SlotCarCorner » Mon Nov 10, 2014 3:31 pm

SlotCarCorner
SCC Mechanic

Postby RichD » Tue Nov 11, 2014 9:29 am

I had the same idea about using a ghost connector, you could also just plug in a controller with the trigger strapped down. If you don't use a controller with adjustable brakes you sould make a dongle with male and female XLR plugs that had a brake control pot and bypass switch. If you use alligator clips and you don't use any brakes at all you would just leave the red wire dissconnected of course. You could make up your controller with an XLR plug that did not have the brake wire connected, but I have a few cars that need brakes.
RichD
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby RichD » Fri Nov 14, 2014 10:01 am

OK, I added XLR jacks to my HO track. I am the only one that will be likely to use them, but I am at least trying to get things moving.

RichD
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby SlotCarCorner » Fri Nov 14, 2014 11:02 am

+1 on what Bibbster said - nice work Rich!

:)
SlotCarCorner
SCC Mechanic

Return to Slot Car Corner News Center