[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4773: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4775: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4776: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4777: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Home Racing World • View topic - *** New *** Difalco Design Neo 1:32 Controllers

*** New *** Difalco Design Neo 1:32 Controllers

Check here for new product updates and technical help.

Re: *** New *** Difalco Design Neo 1:32 Controllers

Postby SlotCarCorner » Tue Oct 14, 2014 8:11 am

Just a quick update - we received word that our initial Neo controller order will be shipped to us today. For those of you who pre-ordered, once we receive our order, we'll get your Neo controller out the door and on the way to you quickly!

:text-thankyouyellow:
SlotCarCorner
SCC Mechanic

Postby HomeRacingWorld » Tue Oct 14, 2014 8:16 am

Thanks for the update, I look forward to this one.
HomeRacingWorld
HRW Janitor

Postby Florida_Slotter » Tue Oct 14, 2014 8:38 am

Slot Car Corner,

At present I have a DiFalco 30 band Genesis 1:32 controller. In my opinion, it is one of the best controllers out there. I have been using DiFalco controllers for many years now and have been quite satisfied with the product and also customer service of all DiFalco Products.

Now for my question, just what is the difference between the Genesis and the Neo controllers? I see that they both use similar technology.

Can you give me adequate reason to purchase another DiFalco?
Florida_Slotter
Scratch Build Guru

Postby SlotCarCorner » Tue Oct 14, 2014 12:07 pm

Hello Marty,

Thank you for your question. In a nutshell, the Genesis has some features the Neo does not; however, for many racers, the Neo will still provide all of the functionality they need (and more). Here is a brief summary:

Bands
* Genesis - 30 bands
* Neo - 17 bands (DD300); 30 bands (DD301)

Network Resistor Board
* Genesis - yes
* Neo - 17 bands (no); 30 bands (yes)

Full power ("blast") relay
* Genesis - yes
* Neo - no

Extreme Stopping Power (ESP) brake relay
* Genesis - yes
* Neo - no

"Choke"
* Genesis - DD303 (no); DD304 (yes)
* Neo - no

Ball-bearing trigger
* Genesis - yes
* Neo - yes

Connectors/Hookups
* Genesis - alligator clips or XLR
* Neo - alligator clips or XLR

On the other hand, the Neo has at least one feature not found on the Genesis

Dual-Polarity
* Genesis - no (positive polarity only)
* Neo - yes (switch 2 wires with small screwdriver)

Pricing is always an important consideration

* DD300 Neo 17-band - $129.50 (alligator); $146.00 (XLR)
* DD301 Neo 30-band - $162.00 (alligator): $178.50 (XLR)
* DD303 Genesis 30-band - $229.00 (alligator); $249.00 (XLR)
* DD304 Genesis 30-band - $259.00 (alligator); $279.00 (XLR)

For racers who don't need the additional relays or "choke" functionality found on the Genesis, the Neo provides a very high-quality controller with a feature set not available on comparably priced controllers. For anyone interested in purchasing a Neo, please feel free to contact us beforehand with any questions. We're here to help.

:)
SlotCarCorner
SCC Mechanic

Postby Florida_Slotter » Tue Oct 14, 2014 2:41 pm

Thank you very much for the synopsis. A very good chart to use for comparison.

I must admit there are times when I actually turn off the ESP feature, but it sure is nice to have when you're running Carrera Stock Cars. The BLAST relay is something that might not be needed in 1:32nd racing and I do think at times it is something that interferes with car control on tight & technical tracks.

Hey, Jim DiFalco has put out a quality product for years. I know Jim and have raced with him and against him. I use his product as it just suits me. I'm very glad to see the Neo coming out as once you get your hand wrapped around a DiFalco, it likes to stay there.
Florida_Slotter
Scratch Build Guru

Postby RichD » Wed Oct 15, 2014 7:50 am

AHAA! You may have left out one more difference between the Genesis and Neo controllers. Genesis controllers have plug in interchangeable resistor boards, we have found that to be a useful feature in many cases. The 17 band Neo has a fixed resistor network and the 30 band Neo has the resistors on a separate board. I can't tell from the picture if that board plugs in.
With the Genesis controller I believe that you can switch the polarity by switching the wires that connect to the transistor, but that is certainly not very convenient.
RichD
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Fast Co. » Wed Oct 15, 2014 8:32 am

I love my Difalco Genesis controller. It has a smooth power band and the ESP feature is great for cars with poor brakes such as many Carrera and Monogram cars. Imo, the 30-band Neo is a great lower-priced alternative that will perfectly serve my needs for most classes of cars that I race (Slot.It, NSR, Racer Sideways, Fly Classics…)
Fast Co.
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby SlotCarCorner » Wed Oct 15, 2014 8:59 am

SlotCarCorner
SCC Mechanic

Postby turbokev » Mon Oct 20, 2014 8:01 pm

I got my DD301 30 band today and had a chance to try it out for a couple hours..
I'm very pleased with the controller and feel it was money well spent.

My last controller was the PM 2110 with sensitivity and brake adjustments..
It's a fine controller and has been perfectly reliable for several years. That said,
I could 'feel' a difference immediately using the new Difalco.

The trigger pull is smoother..much smoother, with a perfect amount of tension.
The sensitivity and brake POTS are higher quality. I like the smaller diameter knobs,
and I especially like the numbers printed on the board for reference. Would be easy
to keep notes in your pit box as to what settings work best with what car on what track.
The exposed trigger swipe area for easy cleaning is a big plus as well.

The biggest difference is in power delivery to the car.. so smooth as you increase the
trigger pull. Much finer control with little trigger adjustments.

I think the PM controller had 12 steps through the trigger pull where the 301 Difalco has 30..
Imagine playing your favorite video game at 12 frames per second and getting used to that.
Then you upgrade your computer and can now play that game at 30 frames per second.. the
game play would be silky smooth in comparison. That's the kind of noticable smoothness I'm
now experiencing.. and I like that.

Thanks for bringing these new controllers to your store..Again, worth every penny~!
turbokev
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby SlotCarCorner » Wed Oct 22, 2014 9:56 am

Hello Kev,

Thank you for taking the time to share your impressions with other HRW members.

:text-thankyouyellow:
SlotCarCorner
SCC Mechanic

Previous

Return to Slot Car Corner News Center