1/32 & 1/24 Axle kits

Check here for new product updates and technical help.

1/32 & 1/24 Axle kits

Postby -Nimrod- » Sat Jan 19, 2019 8:07 pm

Hi All,

I recall once upon a time you could purchase Slot-it (or other brand) front & rear axle kits for inline and sidewinders.
For example, Fly rear axle kit which was a direct replacement for the original with the correct size bushings, axle, gears and metal rims, not sure about the inserts though.
I have a number of different brands of cars that need these replacements due to bad wheels and bent axles.
Are these kits still available and are there any part numbers associated with them to make purchasing easier?

Cheers
NimROD
-Nimrod-
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Re: 1/32 & 1/24 Axle kits

Postby FC47 » Sat Jan 19, 2019 10:38 pm

I saw then on the SCC website today when I was looking.
Under 1/32 slot car parts by brand: Slot.it Parts: Axles and Axle Kits....
There are likely other folks too, I haven't hunted them much lately..
FC47
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Re: 1/32 & 1/24 Axle kits

Postby SlotCarCorner » Sat Jan 19, 2019 10:40 pm

Slot.it does offer roughly a dozen "Starter Kits" which include wheels, bushings, rear axle and driven gear (spur or crown depending on the kit). Some kits also include a pinion gear and/or axle spacers. We are not aware of a cross reference mapping each kit to different non-Slot.it cars it will fit (if someone knows of one, please speak up). That said, the wheel size (and naturally, driven gear type) included in the kit largely dictates the type of car a given Starter Kit could be used for for non-Slot.it applications. Feel free to give us a call at 603.753.6263 and we'll be glad to help you figure out if there is a kit that might fit the cars on your list.

:text-thankyouyellow:
SlotCarCorner
SCC Mechanic

Return to Slot Car Corner News Center