[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4773: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4775: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4776: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4777: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Home Racing World • View topic - Oddball SCC part

Oddball SCC part

Check here for new product updates and technical help.

Oddball SCC part

Postby Modlerbob » Tue May 01, 2018 10:18 pm

Last week I ordered a 16K FC130 motor from SCC to install in my Scaley Caterham 7. The original motor seemed to me to be a bit too hot for that size car. As this slot car has a front mounted motor it is difficult to remove and replace it due to the spring used as a coupler to connect the drive shafts. As usual I ruined the spring getting the motor free. I found a ball point pen ink tube and cut it to size only to find out the inside diameter was just a tad to large causing slippage between the motor shaft and the drive shaft. So I looked around my bench and spotted a SCC ball point pen. After removing the ink tube I discovered the diameter was perfect making a very snug fit. So my friends, if you ever need a new coupler for a front mounted motor, remember the ink tube from a SCC ball point pen will do the job perfectly.
Modlerbob
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Re: Oddball SCC part

Postby Rleog » Wed May 02, 2018 6:39 am

Bob,

You've inadvertently discovered the clandestine method that SCC uses to deliver top secret parts to select customers, mostly members of their factory racing teams. Somehow the drive shaft coupler delivery device got into your hands and you uncovered it.

Good sleuthing!
Rleog
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Half Fast Slotter » Wed May 02, 2018 7:01 am

Wonderful, that is karma coming back to thank you for one of the many good deeds you have done. You could write karma a thank you note. Ah, if only you still had a working pen in the house.
Half Fast Slotter
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Pappy » Wed May 02, 2018 7:02 am

Pappy
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby SlotCarCorner » Wed May 02, 2018 12:07 pm

:text-goodpost:

The moral of the story, make sure there's an SCC pen on your workbench.

:D
SlotCarCorner
SCC Mechanic

Postby tjettom » Wed May 02, 2018 1:23 pm

You mean to tell me Slot Car Corner has ink pens too? I must take a quick inventory... I suddenly feel the need for a new order....Ink pens huh? Now were talkin! ...gotta get me one!!!
Regards,
Tom Baker
tjettom
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Changing-Gearz » Wed May 02, 2018 1:38 pm

You know that Dum-Dum stick doubles as fine corner sander right? I thought that was common knowledge - but maybe it's secret...
Changing-Gearz
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby waaytoomuchintothis » Wed May 02, 2018 3:40 pm

Gearz, you break me up! Actually, I have used a metal dowel that small to get inside fretsaw cuts! Yes, I hated it.

Meanwhile, Bob! Look what you did! That's a great tip. I have been using a metal tube over the thin motor shaft and silver soldering it in place like sweating a water pipe. It doesn't come up all that often, but avoiding that PIA even once calls for my gratitude.

SCC guys- From now on, I want pens instead of Dum-Dums, Ding-Dongs, Clown Kakes, or even Christian's autograph!
waaytoomuchintothis
"Seasoned SlotRacer"

Postby Fathead59 » Fri Sep 28, 2018 4:22 pm

I looked all over the SCC web sight, doesn't look like the have the pens in stock , I wonder if you can back order them ?
Fathead59
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby beslotted » Fri Sep 28, 2018 6:18 pm

beslotted

Postby SlotCarCorner » Sat Sep 29, 2018 12:44 pm

SlotCarCorner
SCC Mechanic

Return to Slot Car Corner News Center