[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 429: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4773: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4775: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4776: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4777: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Home Racing World • View topic - ** New Product ** SCC Tire Gluing Tool

** New Product ** SCC Tire Gluing Tool

Check here for new product updates and technical help.

** New Product ** SCC Tire Gluing Tool

Postby SlotCarCorner » Wed Dec 21, 2016 9:09 am

SlotCarCorner
SCC Mechanic

Re: ** New Product ** SCC Tire Gluing Tool

Postby cgingras » Wed Dec 21, 2016 9:24 am

The tool is also available now at Slot Car Corner Canada:
http://www.slotcarcorner.ca/tire-gluing-tool/

:shhh:
cgingras
SCC Mechanic

Postby GPCruisr » Wed Dec 21, 2016 9:27 am

Awesome! I use the black silicone glue and am tired of winding up with it on my hands. I look forward to using this.

Thanks
GPCruisr
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby SlotCarCorner » Wed Dec 21, 2016 9:46 am

SlotCarCorner
SCC Mechanic

Postby Smokeio » Wed Dec 21, 2016 10:02 am

I had the opportunity to test this tool and I must say that if you glue your tires, this is a must have. It really limits the mess and ensures that the glue or silicone is evenly coated on the rim. I will never go back to using a toothpick.

I’d like to add a couple of points to the video. It did take me a couple of tries to get the hang of the tool and I believe each person may use it differently. I sung the grub screw in the rim so it will hold in place when putting the tire on but loose enough where I can slide the tire and the rim off the axle. This way once you set the depth of the stopper/washer, you can easily glue multiple rims without haven’t to reset the depth of the rim in the tool.

Also, you may have to use a little lubricant on the tool in order to slide the tire on the tool. I use a mixture of soap and water but only use a drop on the tool. If you don’t use a lubricant, the tire will roll on the tool when you go to slide it.

I have now glued rubber, silicone, and urethane tires with no problem. When I was testing this tool, I only had the one for the 15 mm rim. I had to glue tires on 17 MM rims and I must admit to being very disappointed to go back to the old way of gluing a tire. Needless to say I now have both sizes!
Smokeio
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby SlotCarCorner » Wed Dec 21, 2016 10:56 am

SlotCarCorner
SCC Mechanic

Postby mikeinclover » Wed Dec 21, 2016 1:52 pm

mikeinclover
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby cj74 » Wed Dec 21, 2016 4:56 pm

These are awesome! I was ecstatic watching the video. Mike... make sure you have a set for me!
cj74
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby docdoom » Wed Dec 21, 2016 8:07 pm

Dang wish this was posted sooner. just place a order on Tuesday night from you all. well there always next week.
docdoom
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby RichD » Thu Dec 22, 2016 10:06 am

I will have to get one of those! In the past I used Superglue, but starting a year or two ago Superglue often did not work well, so I switched to a black silicone gasket cement. That stuff works great but is messy to apply and probably leaves some places in the middle of the tire that are not glued. Once you get the tire glued using the sealant and the wheel is still on the axle it is not a bad idea to roll the tire on a hard flat surface with some downward pressure. That smooths out any lumps of sealant and makes truing the tire a lot easier.
RichD
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Nor Cal Mike » Wed Dec 28, 2016 10:51 pm

So how do you get to the setscrew on the wheel to get it off of the set up axle and then install the wheel back onto the axle of the car with the tire glued to the wheel?
Nor Cal Mike
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Audi1 » Thu Dec 29, 2016 5:17 am

Audi1
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Pappy » Thu Dec 29, 2016 7:30 am

Pappy
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Pappy » Thu Dec 29, 2016 8:18 am