[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4773: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4775: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4776: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4777: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Home Racing World • View topic - Area 51 24 Hour Group C Race this weekend

Area 51 24 Hour Group C Race this weekend

Check here for new product updates and technical help.

Re: Area 51 24 Hour Group C Race this weekend

Postby Smokeio » Sat Oct 31, 2015 12:07 pm

And each lane races differently.
Smokeio
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby mikeinclover » Sat Oct 31, 2015 1:52 pm

mikeinclover
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Pappy » Sat Oct 31, 2015 3:42 pm

Never met a slot car racer who didn't.

Mike, I just ran a 4.9 second lap on my track with my Slot It Audi. Can't wait for the Michigan 24. :D

Butch
Pappy
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby mikeinclover » Sat Oct 31, 2015 3:52 pm

mikeinclover
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Pappy » Sat Oct 31, 2015 5:08 pm

:lol: Funny

Bob was hear today and we got to looking at his controller and it actually has a "push to be passed" button. You push this one button and the car stops. :lol:
Pappy
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Almafan 55 » Sat Oct 31, 2015 5:10 pm

Almafan 55
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Pappy » Sat Oct 31, 2015 8:36 pm

Pappy
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby cj74 » Sun Nov 01, 2015 6:39 pm

Very sorry for the delayed post about last weekend. This was my 3rd 24 hour race and my first time at Area 51. To say the group of guys that race these things is a great group would be an extreme understatement. I'm nowhere near as eloquent with the written word as some of the guys on here (especially Almafan), so I'm not even going to try. Every team and every person at the race was there to have fun. No doubt was there a competitive atmosphere from the time one stepped in the door. The competition was secondary to everyone trying and willing to help the guy next to him both on the track and off.

Thanks to both Smokeio and Almafan for the shout out. Both of you guys provide a great target to shoot for in car tuning. One thing I've learned in my time around the two of you and all the others... Ask questions often!

Regarding the controller conversation... I did use a Slotting Plus controller throughout the race and I did blow a fuse. As soon as I did, I grabbed Dave's Slotting Plus off the shelf behind me and plugged in. Thankfully the H.O.S.T. (CanAm) pit crew was on top of things and got my fuse replaced and hooked up in a matter of minutes. For those that are interested in the Slotting Plus don't be put off by the blown fuse. Once figured out, it is a great controller. I also have a DiFalco in my box and am still a huge fan of it. However, the advantage of the very light trigger pull over a 48 minute heat is extremely attractive with the Slotting Plus controller. I blew the fuse when I came out of the slot and pulled the trigger to full throttle before the car was back in and released from the marshal. That spike in the current draw was an immediate pop. Lesson learned... Whether it is a wing hitting a hand or a blown fuse, you gotta give the marshal a chance to do their job. It is hard to rush them when they are doing you a favor after driving yourself out of the slot!

Lastly... Thank you to Steve, Holly and family for hosting this race. :text-thankyouyellow: From the time I walked in the door early Friday until the time I walked out I never felt out of place. To welcome a group of 20-30 guys into your house to let them take over would be a burden to most. For Steve and Holly it was a chance to see old friends and make new ones.

I look forward to next year and am determined to bring a faster, smoother car and not allow the black lane to embarrass me again!

CJ
cj74
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby GPCruisr » Sun Nov 01, 2015 7:13 pm

GPCruisr
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby mikeinclover » Sun Nov 01, 2015 7:55 pm

Matt , also lies :lol:
mikeinclover
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Slot_It_bob » Sun Nov 01, 2015 9:32 pm

Don't we all? ;)
Slot_It_bob
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby mikeinclover » Sun Nov 01, 2015 9:42 pm

No, not everyone.
mikeinclover
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby manchvegasracer » Mon Nov 02, 2015 5:33 pm

CJ, had a great time racing with you on TEAM CAN-AM. You built a really good car and it lasted the whole race (flicking lights and all). Thanks for taking the time to get the cars built. I hope we can team up again soon. I will be busy in the meantime trying to improve my driving skills. God knows they need improving.

- Josh
manchvegasracer
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Pappy » Tue Nov 03, 2015 6:49 am

Mike, I don't lie, I embellish. :D

Besides that, I backed up my 4.9 with 6.5 and a 6.6, so that right there proves that I don't lie.
Pappy
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Smokeio » Tue Nov 03, 2015 11:14 am

Slot racers don't lie and are always accurate in what we say.

Here's what I'm working on for Michigan. I'm dumping the NSRs and going back to Slot.its in an effort to up our game. The McLaren looks to be the front runner. Really, I'm not kidding:
Smokeio
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

PreviousNext

Return to Slot Car Corner News Center