[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 429: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4773: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4775: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4776: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4777: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Home Racing World • View topic - Tyers Targa

Tyers Targa

SHOW YOUR SLOT CAR TRACK!
Photos and Descriptions of YOUR Home Layout

Re: Tyers Targa

Postby dreinecke » Mon Oct 29, 2012 7:55 pm

Embs - thanks, it is going slow, but steady.

BTW - great pic of your Pioneer Charger in Slot Car Mag this month!!!
dreinecke
King of the Dum-Dums!

Postby Ember » Mon Oct 29, 2012 8:51 pm

Thanks. Always good to know someone reads it. :) The one of the Bengal in my signature is one that didn't make the cut.
Ember
Downunder Diorama Queen

Location: South western corner of the south eastern bit of Downunder

Postby Ember » Mon Nov 12, 2012 3:57 pm

I had some carbon black paint left in the palette from doing something else so decided to make use of some of it to do some extra work on details that I wasn't quite happy with.

The washout in the downhill run just never had enough depth to it. So it was the first place on the hit list.

Before

After

The other area of track damage had looked good while it was being painted.

But it rather faded into the background when I 'clear' coated the track because the flat paint I used wasn't a true clear.

So with a 00 liner brush, carbon black and water I drew in some more cracks and some more variation between the upper surface and the road underlay...

And a close up of the surface.

Might yet add some more top surface detailing here and there around the track.

Cheers
Embs
Ember
Downunder Diorama Queen

Postby Ember » Mon Nov 12, 2012 5:01 pm

Fully...

Ember
Downunder Diorama Queen

Postby dreinecke » Mon Nov 12, 2012 5:28 pm

Wow! That looks fantastic! Come over anytime you're on this side of the world and I'll just let you have at my track...
dreinecke
King of the Dum-Dums!

Postby Ember » Mon Nov 12, 2012 5:38 pm

Hmmm.... You... JohnnyFly... Add a few more to the list and you can pool for the airfare. ;)

I can just see it now. A small scale tour of the States and all I ever get to see is my own scenery. :D
Ember
Downunder Diorama Queen

Postby HRWJim » Mon Nov 12, 2012 6:18 pm

Embs I like your track,very nice eye for detail. Jim
HRWJim
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby dge467 » Mon Nov 12, 2012 9:13 pm

Beautiful track! Love all the little details!
dge467
The King of Foil

Postby Wolseley Hornet » Tue Nov 13, 2012 12:57 pm

Your track is great,Ember, And your Charger/Pioneer sign picture is such a trademark.

Have you got any Aussie cars we could see in your stable?

David.
Wolseley Hornet
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Ember » Tue Nov 13, 2012 2:17 pm

Unfortunately at the moment the Torana is the only true Aussie icon available. I have one undergoing a makeover currently and one still in its race trim. I'll try to remember to get you some photos of it when I head out there to do some more work on it later.

Track is a bit of a mess at the moment as I've been laying more grass. More pictures later.
Ember
Downunder Diorama Queen

Postby Wolseley Hornet » Wed Nov 14, 2012 2:34 pm

Have you got the electrostatic thingy to make it stand up?

David.
Wolseley Hornet
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Ember » Wed Nov 14, 2012 4:13 pm

I do indeed David, otherwise I would never have tackled grassing the track. Just imagining doing that kind of area with a puffer bottle makes my hands ache. I have a static grass doohickey that was made from an electronic fly swat. I think it could have a bit more zap though. I have found that there is an adjustment that can be made to it to juice it up a little. I just haven't been game to try it yet though.
Ember
Downunder Diorama Queen

Postby Ember » Wed Nov 14, 2012 4:51 pm

Oh... Almost forgot. Just for you David.

If you look closely you'll notice that the glue holding the long grass at the base of the gate is still wet.
Ember
Downunder Diorama Queen

Postby Wolseley Hornet » Thu Nov 15, 2012 2:19 am

Very nice indeed - car and grass!

Eat your hearts out, railway modellers!

David.
Wolseley Hornet
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Broman62 » Thu Nov 15, 2012 11:16 am