[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4773: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4775: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4776: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4777: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Home Racing World • View topic - Tyers Targa

Tyers Targa

SHOW YOUR SLOT CAR TRACK!
Photos and Descriptions of YOUR Home Layout

Re: Tyers Targa

Postby Ember » Thu Oct 25, 2012 11:41 pm

Yup. Guilty as charged. The "Pioneer wall" featured in an article. The Banksy-esque Control Rat and some extra posters were added after the article was written.
Ember
Downunder Diorama Queen

Location: South western corner of the south eastern bit of Downunder

Postby baford1 » Fri Oct 26, 2012 5:33 am

Awesome track Ember hope we see a lot more of your track & all the other things you build

Richard
baford1
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Ember » Fri Oct 26, 2012 8:18 pm

Looks like I'm going to have some fun working out who I already "know" around here.

Anyway. It's Saturday afternoon and I've a little while before I've got to go work (the excitement of keying votes for local elections). So I figured I'd take the time to bore you all with some more photos.

Painting the plastic track was a bit of a nerve wracking experience, just because I wasn't sure if it was really the right decision. Seeing it in undercoat/primer didn't help any.

But it's worked out well overall. Besides, it gave me a chance to mess with people's minds... and those who know me know how much I just hate doing that. (Where's that sarcasm font?)

The 'road' surface wanders around between and over the track rails. Two lanes in some places. Single lane in others.
The diagonal straight is no longer straight.

Even around here roads always seem in need of repair

Single lane section with a washout.

Concrete section in the 'flyover' above the Pioneer wall.

Some grass has finally been encouraged to grow. Although it's all looking a little bit too neat and tidy at the moment.

That's pretty much where the track stands today. There are still plenty more things to be done. The grass needs to be finished off. More plantings. I still need to work out how to finish off the bald hills in the middle of the corners at either end of the table. More road signs. More white posts. You get the idea.

I'll leave you with some random track shots just because I can.

There's that Cherry Charger again. I warned you it has a habit of getting in the way of the camera.

OK. I think I'd better stop now.
Embs
Ember
Downunder Diorama Queen

Postby HomeRacingWorld » Fri Oct 26, 2012 11:53 pm

Outstanding.

We should reprint that article on your graffiti too. I can archive it and save it as well now that we have the new forum.

You up for that?

Detail on the roadway is top shelf by the way. It appears you have the same guys patching them as we have here :)
HomeRacingWorld
HRW Janitor

Postby Ember » Sat Oct 27, 2012 2:40 am

The article that you mention was done for SlotCar MAG. So, I would probably need to rewrite it. But that can be done without too many issues. I'll put it on the 'TO DO' list. Have a couple of other articles being written at the moment.

Road maintenance is about the same everywhere, isn't it?
Ember
Downunder Diorama Queen

Postby dreinecke » Sat Oct 27, 2012 11:07 am

Embs - I've followed your great work on SF for a long time and have really enjoyed learning from your techniques.

I have a confession to make - I never realized you were a woman. No matter, you're one of my favorites on SF, and an amazing artist. It just never dawned on me, but I'm slow...

Can't wait to see a new Pioneer Camaro on your track!
dreinecke
King of the Dum-Dums!

Postby zilger » Sat Oct 27, 2012 6:45 pm

Like others, I have seen your track on the other forum and glad to see it again here on HRW.

What did you use for the base under the track to get all of the rolling hills with the Sport track?

Brian
zilger

Postby TsgtRet » Sat Oct 27, 2012 7:09 pm

Beautiful job; I'm an old Model Railroader and yours matches anything I've seen along the way. One note: you appear to to have your signs on the wrong side of the road :lol: :banana-rock:
Love it, keep the pics coming!
TsgtRet
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Ember » Sat Oct 27, 2012 7:17 pm

Ember
Downunder Diorama Queen

Postby RazorJon » Sat Oct 27, 2012 7:43 pm

Dave thats funny, Ember show of some of your work with old slot car boxes, they are amazing
RazorJon
Tire Razor Guy

Postby Ember » Sat Oct 27, 2012 8:03 pm

Thanks Jon. The slot boxes are a whole other saga that started off as an experiment. Might give them a thread of their own. I'm trying to source some large display boxes at a cheap enough price, rather than the recycled ones I'm currently using. That way I might be able to sell some.
Ember
Downunder Diorama Queen

Postby Nor Cal Mike » Sat Oct 27, 2012 10:54 pm

Nice one Ember. I love the graffiti! You have a LOT of great little detail everywhere.
Mike
Nor Cal Mike
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby mgs75thmeu » Sun Oct 28, 2012 12:43 pm

Gotta love it!! Awesome work!!
mgs75thmeu
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby dreinecke » Sun Oct 28, 2012 2:17 pm

[/quote]
Hopefully now some things make more sense, David. :D

Embs[/quote]

Yep, it does. :oops:

Love your work and can't wait to see more!
dreinecke
King of the Dum-Dums!

Postby Ember » Sun Oct 28, 2012 3:47 pm

Some of us are also looking forward to seeing more work on your track David. Hope the shoulder is healing well.

Got to get back to work on the track this week. I've an article to write, which means I need something to write about or more to the point pictures to go with it. So, I'll be up to my elbows in paint and glue, etc for a day or two.
Ember
Downunder Diorama Queen

PreviousNext

Return to Reader's Roads