[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4773: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4775: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4776: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4777: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Home Racing World • View topic - Bill's Speedway

Bill's Speedway

SHOW YOUR SLOT CAR TRACK!
Photos and Descriptions of YOUR Home Layout

Bill's Speedway

Postby mgs75thmeu » Wed Oct 24, 2012 9:48 am

Last edited by mgs75thmeu on Wed Oct 24, 2012 10:06 am, edited 1 time in total.
mgs75thmeu
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Re: Bill's Speedway

Postby mgs75thmeu » Wed Oct 24, 2012 10:08 am

mgs75thmeu
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby mgs75thmeu » Wed Oct 24, 2012 10:40 am

Last edited by mgs75thmeu on Wed Oct 24, 2012 10:43 am, edited 1 time in total.
mgs75thmeu
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby HomeRacingWorld » Wed Oct 24, 2012 10:43 am

Always did like your track.

That is a decent snack Gunny, no wonder you have energy. Eat like a man...race like a man!
HomeRacingWorld
HRW Janitor

Postby mgs75thmeu » Wed Oct 24, 2012 1:10 pm

mgs75thmeu
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby mgs75thmeu » Wed Oct 24, 2012 1:29 pm

I'm going to try this again. 3 or 4 pics at a time!

This little R2 chicane caused more trouble than it was worth. The cars would come into it and slam off the 1st wall, into the next and bounce back and forth off the guard rails down the following straight. This wasn't working on my high speed track.

I was going to replace the R2s with R4s. The 2 R4s didn't work out to having all the track connect with the pieces I had on hand BUT..running an R4 into an 8", 4" R3 combination did!!
I think this should take .5 second or more off the lap times and save some serious crashes through there!!

The entrance with consession stands and vendor tents

Walkway to upper infield and motorhome parking. Also partiers, USMC Color Guard and Sponsor tents

My homemade TV Tower with lighted SHELL sign

Far turns with American Idol tryouts and lighted Citgo sign

This is a stock 1/43 DSlot43 before the R2 chicane change. I haven't run the track since but will be very soon. It needs a little work due to the furnace guys needing to get right in the middle of it to put a new motor on the exhaust ductwork. Simple cleanup and guard rail and safety wall replacing.

Furnace Guys!!LOL

Done!
mgs75thmeu
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby mgs75thmeu » Wed Oct 24, 2012 2:06 pm

mgs75thmeu
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby ourwayband » Wed Oct 24, 2012 3:06 pm

Bill I've always enjoyed see your track.A lot of work and some great building..
Now back to the other important thing.Gunsmoke,one of the Best shows ever!!

Rusty
ourwayband
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby mgs75thmeu » Wed Oct 24, 2012 3:55 pm

Finishing up watching Ben, Adam, Hoss and Little Joe right now!! Well this show was all Adam. Edit: Well it was until the very end when Ben, Hoss and Joe rode in to back Adam up against a bunch of bad guys in the town!!! :clap: :clap: :clap:
mgs75thmeu
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Tsooko » Wed Jan 30, 2013 8:46 pm

Very nice track Bill!!!
Cheers Ted
Tsooko
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby mgs75thmeu » Thu Feb 25, 2016 4:35 pm

Looks like we're going to be moving soon and I'll be selling all my 1/32 and 1/43 stuff.
mgs75thmeu
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby MikeySlotCars » Sat Feb 27, 2016 6:25 pm

That is sad... do you really want to sale everything?
If I were you I would keep a few cars & just enough track for really small layout permanent or not for when ever you get the urge to race some cars from time to time... maybe Carrera Go?

Too bad you got out of slot cars a little while back I always enjoy seeing your work , take car bill

Mikey
MikeySlotCars
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby mgs75thmeu » Mon Mar 07, 2016 11:26 am

I just finished bubble wrapping the last 73 1/32 cars I have. Sure were some nice looking cars!! All this is gone now! :(
mgs75thmeu
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby midmoslts » Mon Mar 07, 2016 12:42 pm

If I am reading this right you sold all of your cars and are selling off track and all. I sure hope you don't go nuts without it. I know that when we moved I went for several years without any slot racing and I did ok until one day I felt I just had to get it all out and play. I hate to see you sell it all off, but if that is what you are doing I may be interested in the Dunlop building that spans the back stretch of your track. I would rather see you keep it, but if it were for sale I would be interested in knowing how wide it is and what you would like to get out of it.
midmoslts
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Return to Reader's Roads