[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4773: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4775: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4776: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4777: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Home Racing World • View topic - My home slot racing center, work in progress

My home slot racing center, work in progress

SHOW YOUR SLOT CAR TRACK!
Photos and Descriptions of YOUR Home Layout

Re: My home slot racing center, work in progress

Postby demether » Tue Dec 16, 2014 6:46 am

thanks Bob,

I should punch my own face to not have done this when I was building the track ! That's a simple and clever tip, sadly now the way I built the track will make any change difficult...
demether
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby demether » Tue Dec 16, 2014 9:36 am

Update : using your idea of pinching the rail, I achieved to do this tip using a dental tool (I'm using it to sculpt minis).

I slided it between the track and the rail, doing this I have been able to pinch the rail just like on the tutorial you gave me.

Now the 3rd lane is perfectly working, with power everywhere with the 4 functional power taps. I just have to control the 4th lane now, but now I know how to fix any problem !

thanks again
demether
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby btaylor » Tue Dec 16, 2014 9:47 am

You can Thank Harry for that one! He is a wealth of knowledge on the Artin stuff. I got all my info from the artin archieves when i first set up my oval. Glad it is working for you though!

Bob
btaylor
Uncle Bob

Postby demether » Wed Dec 17, 2014 5:38 pm

Thank you Harry, then !

Today I finished the 4th lane wiring. It's running with no dead spot. Now I have to wire the power stations, and the power supply assembly.

The power assembly will be used for both the HO raceway and the 1/43-1/32 oval. It's why I'll add a rotary voltage switch (I bought powerfull 8AMP diodes) and a direction switch (wich will be usefull only for the HO track; the oval is designed for one way only).

The other big work remaining is the track management. I have to wire the bridge and sensors, but also the tracks relays, some LED events (fuel warning, leader led - I was also planning to build a start tree, but on a oval it doesn't make much sense, I'll keep the hardware for the HO racetrack or eventually a HO dragrace portable track).

I hope to complete the Oval during holidays. The ho track will probably be finished on next summer.
demether
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby demether » Sat Dec 20, 2014 12:48 pm

demether
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby demether » Sun Dec 21, 2014 5:41 pm

demether
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby demether » Wed Dec 24, 2014 9:16 am

demether
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby demether » Sat Dec 27, 2014 10:05 am

demether
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby vins123 » Sun Dec 28, 2014 12:09 am

Hi
it is looking really nice
Sylvain
vins123
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby TuscoTodd » Sun Dec 28, 2014 8:05 am

Coming together nicely!
:D
TuscoTodd
HRW Bouncer

Postby demether » Sun Dec 28, 2014 1:18 pm

demether
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby demether » Sun Jan 04, 2015 9:18 am

demether
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby RV Racing » Sun Jan 04, 2015 10:34 am

I have certainly enjoyed following your project! I have fond memories of attending my first "big time" auto race at Riverside in 1966 to see Jim Hall's Chaparral, Jim Clark in the Lotus 30, Surtees in Ferrari, and many more at the Los Angeles Times Grand Prix -- and some not-so-fond memories of attending the last race held there. Your HO re-creation of Riverside captures the track perfectly!

Question: Would you share your technique for making the straw hay bales? I have been considering different materials and methods, and would like to learn your solution.

Thanks,
Rick V.
RV Racing
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby demether » Sun Jan 04, 2015 10:58 am

Thank you !

The straw hay bales are simple some pieces of cork, covered with PVA glue, and then flocked with saw dust. On the 2 tracks, they are made the same, only the style of saw dust differs. On the Ho track, I replaced the cork with foam, and I stained the saw dust with yellow diluted acrylic paint !
demether
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby vins123 » Sun Jan 04, 2015 12:50 pm

Hi
I have been following you since you begin, well done Dimitri, i wish you long and happy racing...
Sylvain
vins123
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

PreviousNext

Return to Reader's Roads