[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4773: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4775: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4776: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4777: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Home Racing World • View topic - Coming Full Circle

Coming Full Circle

SHOW YOUR SLOT CAR TRACK!
Photos and Descriptions of YOUR Home Layout

Re: Coming Full Circle

Postby Retro Racer 44 » Thu Mar 12, 2015 1:21 pm

Beautiful track, restored and expanded. You've done a great job on it.

Cheers,

Keith
Retro Racer 44
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby J Y D » Thu Mar 12, 2015 2:40 pm

WOW that is really nice ... J Y D
J Y D
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby mattb » Thu Mar 12, 2015 5:01 pm

I continue to be impressed by the quality I see by the memebers or this forum. Both car builds and track builds. My background is 60's style 1/24 cars. The little playing I do is just on a couple of Carrera oval tracks running H&R and home built 1/24 cars. It takes 16 foot or so for these cars to get close to max speed. Anything shorter keeps you from realizing the topspeed of these cars.

The plastic 1/32 cars I have require just as much space to hit their potential. Not being critical, but in so many tracks, I observe a design that looks like spaghetti thrown on a table. On these short, twisty tracks do you cut the voltage or change gearing to better use the speed in these cars. I don't think I could run a fast lap with such a high speed car on such a twisty course, What ohm controllers do you use to get better control.

I like the way you modified your track to now have longer straights. I would still have trouble thru all the technical part though. I guess I'm a little lazy, I like a track easy to drive, especially to keep youngsters and newbies interested. That is great work.
mattb
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Flying Dutchman » Fri Mar 13, 2015 2:41 pm

I totally understand what you are saying mattb. I tried to get as much running lane in as possible in the original 8 x 8 area while still considering having enough shoulder area around all the turns when running 1/24th scale. It worked out great especially running 1/32 scale cars.
The track was a very technical track however running long races on it was quite challenging never leaving much breathing room.

By adding the addition with the real long back straight and recently modifying one side of the original section to loose the hair pin section, I feel added a real nice blend of all out speed and technical driving.

The other thing I learned was that even though I designed the track to have identical lane lengths, the red lane was always faster than the white lane by an average of about 1 second. By modifying that original section drastically evened out the lane lap times. There is no longer a "fast lane".
Flying Dutchman

Postby mattb » Fri Mar 13, 2015 3:48 pm

You've done a great job. I like a little bit of technical stuff, but I hate not being able to get full speed out of the cars. That is why I wondered if maybe you ran on reduced voltage so the speed was brought down to a more realistic level for the tighter tracks. I guess scale speed for a lot of these rtr 1/32 cars is hundreds of mph. Does anyone know?
mattb
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby BIG E » Sat Mar 14, 2015 9:24 am

Man, that is a piece of art, very nicely done!
I hope you get to once again enjoy it after all your restoration efforts. Good Luck! -- Ernie :>)
BIG E
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Flying Dutchman » Wed Mar 25, 2015 10:14 pm

Flying Dutchman

Postby Flying Dutchman » Fri Jun 05, 2015 11:51 am

The sign itself I printed out on a 3D printer. What's inside it is my Nokia Windows Phone that streams wireless video off my Wi-Fi. I simply pop off the side cover to slide in or out my phone.
Flying Dutchman

Previous

Return to Reader's Roads