[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4773: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4775: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4776: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4777: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Home Racing World • View topic - Coming Full Circle

Coming Full Circle

SHOW YOUR SLOT CAR TRACK!
Photos and Descriptions of YOUR Home Layout

Re: Coming Full Circle

Postby waaytoomuchintothis » Wed Oct 16, 2013 12:13 pm

I was thinking about a similar graphic technique to go on a dust cover for my track when the scenery is finished. With so many tall trees and water surfaces, dust could be a real problem in my wood shop where the track is. But that's probably something to wqorry about next year. I've got my hands full restoring the track right now. Its nice to have a better idea of how it would look, and the scale I would want the graphic to be. Thanks!
waaytoomuchintothis
"Seasoned SlotRacer"

Postby MoparGreg » Wed Oct 16, 2013 5:03 pm

Great work, looking forward to it coming to life for the 2 or is it 3rd time?
MoparGreg
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby dreinecke » Wed Oct 16, 2013 8:54 pm

Always liked your track! Glad to see it is home and getting some much needed attention!

Now that I'm working in Denver/Golden - I'd love to come play sometime!
dreinecke
King of the Dum-Dums!

Postby Flying Dutchman » Tue Nov 05, 2013 11:18 am

Again more progress.

I figure it's been about seven years so the little tree probably grew some. ;D

Flying Dutchman

Postby Flying Dutchman » Mon Nov 11, 2013 3:13 pm

The lights came on the other night in god knows how many years. I also reworked the light bridge and started on re taping the track. I had to post some pictures of two new 1/24th scale cars I got two. :D

Flying Dutchman

Postby Flying Dutchman » Mon Feb 24, 2014 11:23 pm

Flying Dutchman

Postby Flying Dutchman » Tue Feb 25, 2014 9:20 am

The Audi's are great, I like them a lot. I have most of the never Carrera 1/24th GT cars as well as the Porsche 917 and Ferrari 512. They really run well. So far the fastest 1/24th Carrera car is the Merc AMG. It will do mid 10's all night long with the Ferrari 512 right on it's heels in terms of lap time. Most of the other Carrera cars are doing low 11's. Cars here actually run more consistent with stock rubber. The urethanes actually start to bounce a bit around the tight turns.
Flying Dutchman

Postby Dundee Denny » Tue Feb 25, 2014 8:44 pm

Really enjoy those night racing pictures!

Those Lionell train yard lights throw some good light.

Slowly converting my track exclusively to those.

I figure there always has to be a big smile when you driving that track!!!

Dundee Denny
Dundee Denny
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby dreinecke » Tue Feb 25, 2014 10:15 pm

WOW! That is quite the expansion! Great looking pit buildings too!
dreinecke
King of the Dum-Dums!

Postby Flying Dutchman » Thu Mar 12, 2015 9:41 am

Flying Dutchman

Postby KsRacer » Thu Mar 12, 2015 11:25 am

What voltage are you running on the 1/24 scale Carerra cars on your wooden track?

Dave K.
KsRacer

Postby KsRacer » Thu Mar 12, 2015 11:41 am

Also, what kind of wood did you use? I noticed that it looks like I can see the braces underneath the track. It looks like it would be light weight, and certainly lasted a long time even with less than favorable conditions to say the least. Oh and by the way I really like the renovation and the extension. Excellent job, this one of those tracks that's got that WOW factor. All I can say is WOW! :o

Dave K. :music-rockout:
KsRacer

Postby gascarnut » Thu Mar 12, 2015 12:00 pm

Michael,

That looks great! I remember running the original track and would love to try the new version some day.
gascarnut
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Flying Dutchman » Thu Mar 12, 2015 12:24 pm

Thanks for the kind words Dave,
The original section of the track is water jet cut 1/4" MDF with 1 x 2 wooden strips supporting and holding all the "puzzle" pieces as I call them in place. The addition is the same thing but hand routed.

I run mainly 1/24th scale cars so I run at 15.3V for the Carrera cars and 10V for the low voltage 1/24th cars.
Flying Dutchman

Postby Flying Dutchman » Thu Mar 12, 2015 12:26 pm

Flying Dutchman

PreviousNext

Return to Reader's Roads