[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4773: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4775: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4776: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4777: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Home Racing World • View topic - Long Creek Raceway

Long Creek Raceway

SHOW YOUR SLOT CAR TRACK!
Photos and Descriptions of YOUR Home Layout

Re: Long Creek Raceway

Postby dreinecke » Sat Aug 10, 2013 4:56 pm

Track looks like it is coming back together! Nice work! How's the track flow now?
dreinecke
King of the Dum-Dums!

Postby Halfj-7 » Tue Dec 17, 2013 9:28 pm

Long time since an update. Decided to remodel other half of garage and make a nice workspace. Got most of foam work done with plaster on a third of it. Definitely needs rubbered in.
As far as flow goes I'm getting the rhythm down. One section needs a tweak though. Pics to follow...
Halfj-7

Postby dreinecke » Tue Dec 17, 2013 9:55 pm

...ok...you've had a few minutes! Stop running laps and give us pictures!

Can't wait to see it.
dreinecke
King of the Dum-Dums!

Postby Halfj-7 » Sun Feb 09, 2014 7:05 pm

Well the track is no more. Took it down to make way for a "roval" that I can run 1/24 and 1/32 cars. I did a sloppy job on some of the newer routing and it just didn't turn out the way I wanted. Oh well I enjoy building tracks almost as much as running them.
Halfj-7

Postby Fast Co. » Mon Feb 10, 2014 4:17 pm

Wow, you change tracks faster than master Luf! :lol: I was getting into the build of both of those tracks. I'm sure the next one will be amazing too...
Fast Co.
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby bobbyraz49 » Thu Mar 27, 2014 6:41 am

So the copper tape bends easily when placing it on the turns >>> TY
bobbyraz49
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Halfj-7 » Fri Mar 28, 2014 3:57 pm

I do just like bibbster does. I also "burnish" the tape in with a 4" hard rubber roller that is commonly used for making laminate countertops and cabinets. I've used a bic lighter body before too. I still get a few places that want to pop up but my tracks see a lot of temperature swings in the garage.
Halfj-7

Postby Halfj-7 » Fri Mar 28, 2014 4:01 pm

The new track will will becoming along soon. I have to finish some remodeling projects around here and I'm having so much fun with the oval! And just picked up a new hakko soldier iron with a pile of brass.... at least I have the sketch done and some lumber leftovers from work
Halfj-7

Postby indybob007 » Fri Dec 12, 2014 8:59 am

Bump' Have you ever started the oval.
indybob007
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby bobbyraz49 » Fri Dec 12, 2014 10:34 am

bobbyraz49
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Previous

Return to Reader's Roads