SHOW YOUR SLOT CAR TRACK!
Photos and Descriptions of YOUR Home Layout

AZGR Updates

Postby dayble » Fri Aug 30, 2013 1:18 pm

AriZonaGarageRacing Tracks 1995 > 2005 #73 [-]

Mar 29 12 8:23 PM

More
My Recent Posts

AZGR really began in 1994 or so when our local Raceway relocated. I picked up a routed 4' X 8', 4 lane HO BuckTraxx and played in my garage until "Cruzin Bob Scott reopened in Tempe AZ.
We move the BuckTraxx into his new store in '95 next to his Steve Olgelvie 135' Hillclimb and his drag strip and it was always fun after that!
Later I decided to go up to 1/32nd Scale and asked Bob to build me a modular "tabletop" design road course that could be set up in different configurations.
Being reasonably poor, I started out with three sections, the two ends that could stay set up in my two car garage and an 8' straight to make it more interesting with the garage open when the normally broiling Sonoran Desert climate was really nice.

Bob testing the lanes and handing me my butt!

Later I sold another child... Er, I mean I worked some extra hours and asked him to expand this baby. One of the local kids was in the garage the night I was planning it and said "Why don't you make it U shaped? " And so it began, section by section, dollar by dollar, until Bob delivered and fine tuned this monster 1/32 routed 4 laner with Magna Braid and super banking.

56 '

Later, I sold the Wife...(No Down, Take Over Payments)... Er, I worked more hours and he once more fired up the magic router and his wonderful imagination and banged out this...
95'

I had asked for esses and I'm thinking squiggles on flat board, but NO, he comes up with this section called Spaghetti Junction. Inspired by the very beautiful Teri.

Here is the long and short set ups in Bob's giant Cruzin' Slotcar Raceway in Chandler AZ. in 2005 where the 2005 Convention was held.

We held 1/32 Magnet and no Mag races on it with such Slotcar luminaries such as Phillipe de Lespinay, Rich Vecchio, Dennis Samson, Stan Smith, Jim Cunningham and Jim Armstrong who won the NINCO sponsored race.
(I got to beat those big boys in the heavy mag race)

"Foamy" marshaling.

Unfortunately the Raceway biz is tough and not long after the Convention Bob had to move on.
The track lives on in Brian's garage not far from here in short form and we run there as often as possible.

To be Continued...

Last Edited By: Dayble Mar 29 12 9:36 PM. Edited 3 times.
status onlineDayble Fast Forward>>>2008 @ AZGR #74 [-]

Mar 29 12 9:19 PM

More
My Recent Posts

1/24th TOO?

Things are great with AZGR and we have more racers than ever and we're wanting to run 1/24th cars too.

With the 1/32 track at Brian's I get the big idea that I'll have Cruzin Bob Scott build me another modular track. This time with 4" lane spacing, banking, Magna Braid and a "pinch" or chicane. A bangin Roval, part road course and part drag strip which looks pretty simple.... (That's funny!)
So...phase one is two 6 1/2' end pieces which can be a test track or a flat surface for my (refunded / returned) wife to stack things on with two 8' sections to put in between.

Short

Un Short

Later I asked Bob to build "one more" section and it arrived in time for my annual Black Friday, Daybleville all day race.

47' long

Crazy!

10 X 20 Boat Cover w/ 24 X 48 tarp added.

Cover of Scale Auto Racing News magazine # 226 by Steve Hill at my starting line.

For 2012 we've updated the power supply to a Pyramid 26 and added a 40" 1080 LED screen for the TrackMate system.

I've asked Bob to reconfigure the last section (#5) and he says he can get er done by 4/14/12 for my next Saturday race...

I'll post pix of it soon.

Ok...you other AZGR track owners post some pix of our other tracks!smiley: glasses

Last Edited By: Dayble Mar 29 12 9:43 PM. Edited 2 times.
dayble

Return to Reader's Roads