[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4773: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4775: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4776: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4777: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Home Racing World • View topic - Track You have to see!!

Track You have to see!!

SHOW YOUR SLOT CAR TRACK!
Photos and Descriptions of YOUR Home Layout

Track You have to see!!

Postby VenturaAlfa » Wed Jul 17, 2013 12:35 pm

VenturaAlfa
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Re: Track You have to see!!

Postby waaytoomuchintothis » Wed Jul 17, 2013 1:05 pm

Cuba? Look at the poster on the wall. Is the guy's screen name fidel-istic? fidelster? El Cigaro? (that one's for you, Kurt).
waaytoomuchintothis
"Seasoned SlotRacer"

Postby nhdungeonracer » Wed Jul 17, 2013 1:10 pm

Which website did you see it on? Post a link to it so we can all see... :D
nhdungeonracer
SCC Mechanic

Postby BRP32 » Wed Jul 17, 2013 2:34 pm

Yeah, I would have to agree it looks like a slotmods build.

It has the same look and feel as one of slotmods tracks.....

Wayne (Bolton's Speed Shop) :D :D :D
BRP32
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby MoparGreg » Wed Jul 17, 2013 3:57 pm

yes as others have said a slotmods track. Its got some great corners that track
MoparGreg
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby VenturaAlfa » Wed Jul 17, 2013 4:18 pm

Really like the design of the track and the scenery.

I could post a link but it is on a Porsche 914 race site that you have to join to access. The particular section where I got this picture has over 3000 pages of cars of all kinds on it, the Friday posts are all in black and white.

If you want the link PM me and I will tell you how to get there and how to join. There is no cost and its a great site.

Ventura Alfa
VenturaAlfa
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Ember » Wed Jul 17, 2013 4:59 pm

Definitely a SlotMods track. I'd recognize their work anywhere these days. Plus, I'm pretty sure they had some video of a test run on it on their YouTube channel at one stage.

Ahhh... wish there was a market for that sort of complete track set up down here. We've all the talent required to pull of such builds, but not the population to support it. New Ozlanders are more the DIY types than SWB (See... Want... Buy).
Ember
Downunder Diorama Queen

Location: South western corner of the south eastern bit of Downunder

Postby dreinecke » Wed Jul 17, 2013 10:45 pm

Seriously nice track. I love the Slotmods stuff and as pointed out - these are perfect for those that don't have the time or can't build and want a high-quality track and can afford to have them build one. Simply awesome work. I wish SM all the best in their business!
dreinecke
King of the Dum-Dums!

Postby downtowndeco » Thu Jul 18, 2013 11:08 pm

IMO the type of custom tracks that they build at Slotmods are not really built for regular slot car hobbyists. They are built for rich guys who want a unique toy. I bet that the type of racing that most of the guys do on these type of tracks is strictly the "goofing around w/a couple of guests" type of racing. And that's completely cool if that's what makes them happy. We all wish we could buy toys like this. : )
downtowndeco
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Ember » Thu Jul 18, 2013 11:45 pm

Are assuming MOST scenic tracks don't primarily get used for goofing around with mates?
Ember
Downunder Diorama Queen

Postby MoparGreg » Fri Jul 19, 2013 3:10 am

Yeah I dont know Lynne. I think if you have enough money to start out & market well you could sell some high end tracks like slotmods in Australia. Look at slotmods clients. Jay leno, Audi etc. If you build a standout track & market it to race drivers, ex-race drivers, race tracks, tv personalities like Eric Bana etc. I think you would have a chance. All you need is 1 famous/well known person to buy one & say how awesome it is & you are on your way. Just like Slotmods & Jay leno. Just my take on it anyway.
MoparGreg
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby MoparGreg » Sat Jul 20, 2013 2:48 am

Hey Lynne, I saw craig mclachlan at Bunnings yesterday. Maybe he can be your personality to kick start your Track business LOL :)
MoparGreg
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Ember » Sat Jul 20, 2013 3:10 am

(chuckle) Well... He's as good as any. Unfortunately I think my relocation to Long Jetty area may have been donged on the head. There was the chance of getting some things like that going if I was up there. Too far away from civilization here, I think.
Ember
Downunder Diorama Queen

Postby MoparGreg » Sat Jul 20, 2013 3:15 am

Build a track & they will come! Well something like that anyway.
MoparGreg
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Return to Reader's Roads