[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
Home Racing World • View topic - Wreckin' Rusty's Demolition Derby part II,Smash up Derby

Wreckin' Rusty's Demolition Derby part II,Smash up Derby

SHOW YOUR SLOT CAR TRACK!
Photos and Descriptions of YOUR Home Layout

Wreckin' Rusty's Demolition Derby part II,Smash up Derby

Postby ourwayband » Fri Jul 05, 2013 7:55 pm

Well if ya keep up with some of my silly ideas,you will remember that I tried to make a crossover out of Carrera track for a demolition Derby.Well it kinda worked when it wanted too..A little ruff and tended to stop some cars dead still..
So I found some Scaley sport track with the crossover all ready made.It tends to work much better :roll:
Now to the new Smash Up Derby.I know that Eldon made some derby cars back in the 60's.Most of these are broken and brittle due to age.Nothing you would want to race.
Does any one remember in the early 70's Kenners Smash Up Derby sets?
I know,they weren't slots,but they were fun and kinda gave me a redneck idea ;)
Why not try this with some slots?
Started out with some of the tuff ,cheapy Strombecker cars that you used to find at wally world for a couple of bucks.Added some ol' chassis I had,did a lot of cutting.Added mags to hold on the hood and doors till ya had that Crash.I know that this would not be every ones cup of tea.Not true to scale,ruff looking models,etc.
But hey they are fun and work just about perfect.
Put the track on an 36inch door,built up the infield and boarders to track height,and glued her all down so that we can store it.I do plan on doing a little more scenery,but now we're wrecking cars.
Cash,bang,crack um' up ,put um' back again.. :auto-crash:
yep I tend to play with my stuff a little different then some.
Rusty
[
Last edited by ourwayband on Sat Jul 13, 2013 4:55 am, edited 3 times in total.
ourwayband
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Re: Wreckin' Rusty's Demolition Derby part II,Smash up Derby

Postby dge467 » Fri Jul 05, 2013 9:14 pm

Those cars are cool Rusty. Looks like a fun way to get rid of some frustrations!
dge467
The King of Foil

Postby dreinecke » Fri Jul 05, 2013 9:15 pm

That looks fun!
dreinecke
King of the Dum-Dums!

Postby hoganracing » Fri Jul 05, 2013 9:19 pm

Great idea, and great execution, Rusty! Some of that looks like what used to happen in our crash and burn races in Semo! The flying parts were amazing and resulted in lots of laughs.

Repairs were another thing!

Patrick
hoganracing
Frequent Flyer

Postby ourwayband » Sat Jul 06, 2013 6:38 am

Hey Thanks Guys!!Patrick we've had some races kinda like your Semo races in the past.
Lots of laughs and fun.Some pretty cool wrecks.Hope we can do that type of thing with these cars.
Cool thing is,repairing isn't required,just pop the pieces back on.

Rusty
ourwayband
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby downtowndeco » Sat Jul 06, 2013 10:59 am

When I was a kid (mid 1960's) I had a slot car set that was a demo derby figure 8. I think my dad got it as a gas station promo or something. The cars were pre "crunched" & had doors & fenders that would fly off (& then snap back on) after collisions. I don't think it lasted long but it was fun. Maybe put a big black foam nerf bumper on the front of them to minimize damage.
downtowndeco
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Return to Reader's Roads