[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4773: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4775: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4776: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4777: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Home Racing World • View topic - Woodland Trace Raceway

Woodland Trace Raceway

SHOW YOUR SLOT CAR TRACK!
Photos and Descriptions of YOUR Home Layout

Re: Woodland Trace Raceway

Postby vonsirius » Wed Sep 17, 2014 10:18 am

it´s a great track, nice job!!!
vonsirius
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Fast Co. » Wed Sep 17, 2014 1:49 pm

Edited
Last edited by Fast Co. on Tue Apr 30, 2019 8:53 am, edited 1 time in total.
Fast Co.
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby dge467 » Wed Sep 17, 2014 7:39 pm

Nice pic's and cool track!
dge467
The King of Foil

Postby Fast Co. » Thu Nov 06, 2014 4:29 pm

The latest addition to Woodland Trace Raceway - a Dunlop Tire Bridge. I created the graphics for the bridge from a blank canvas in Adobe Illustrator. It's based on photographs of the 1:1 bridge I found online. But I took a few liberties in it's construction. For one, the "tire" portion of the bridge is not notched as is on the 1:1. Also, the bridge "wings" are a bit shorter than the 1:1 bridge so that I could keep the overall length within 48". It's difficult to tell from the downsized photo but the graphics are tack sharp.

The bridge is not finished yet. I plan to add steps and platforms to it's interior, a roof with graphic, and I have some minor exterior details to finish.

The bridge measures 48" L x 9" H x ~ 3.75" W. The graphics for each face were divided into 3 sections so each section could be printed on 11 x 17" sheets. The sheets were glued with watered-down white glue onto sheets of basswood that measure 48" L x 9" H x 1/8" W. I was amazed to find sheets of basswood online that were exactly the dimensions I needed.

In the distance you'll also notice a Dunlop Tower that was built by mcseitz. I traded Marcus the tower for a slot car he wanted. Thanks Marcus! It's just what the far end of the circuit needed.

I have plans to build a parking lot and paddock in between the bridge and tower.

If someone can tell me how to post a pdf to this thread I will make the graphics available to anyone who wants them.

Cheers,

Steve

Last edited by Fast Co. on Tue Jun 14, 2016 1:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Fast Co.
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Fast Co. » Thu Nov 06, 2014 5:04 pm

Here's a sample jpeg to give you a better idea of the quality of the image. The full-sized graphic has much more detail.

Fast Co.
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby dge467 » Thu Nov 06, 2014 5:16 pm

Very nice!!! It is so cool!
dge467
The King of Foil

Postby Fast Co. » Thu Nov 06, 2014 5:17 pm

Fast Co.
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Fast Co. » Thu Nov 06, 2014 5:24 pm

Ok, the pdfs didn't seem to upload. The file sizes for those were quite large. But I did get the full-size jpegs to upload. These are hi-res images - the same ones I brought to Kinkos to print for my bridge. Everything here except the graphic for the roof which I am still working on.

Dunlop1.jpg
Fast Co.
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby dreinecke » Thu Nov 06, 2014 7:43 pm

That looks great Steve!
dreinecke
King of the Dum-Dums!

Postby Fast Co. » Thu Nov 06, 2014 9:10 pm

Thanks Dave!
Fast Co.
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Fast Co. » Mon Dec 22, 2014 5:17 pm

Here are some recent pics of Woodland Trace Raceway. It's continually under renovation. Never ending. Latest addition is the beginnings of a skid pad that will be dressed up as a helipad and/or parking lot to display some road-going slot cars.

Steve
Fast Co.
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby TuscoTodd » Mon Dec 22, 2014 7:45 pm

Great additions to a GREAT looking track!
Definitely two thumbs up! :)
TuscoTodd
HRW Bouncer

Postby Fast Co. » Tue Dec 23, 2014 5:02 am

Thanks Todd!
Fast Co.
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby demether » Tue Dec 23, 2014 7:11 pm

I really like this kind of tracks, with both good looking scenery AND a really race-able, smooth layout.
demether
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Fast Co. » Wed Dec 24, 2014 8:46 pm

Thanks Demether!

A pic of the skid pad with a helicopter on it. A medical building will go just to the right of the skid pad at the construction site. I like the idea of a helipad, but in all likelihood, when not in use, the skid pad will be dressed as a parking lot. Doesn't make much sense to have a pedestrian bridge lead to a helipad, does it?

Fast Co.
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

PreviousNext

Return to Reader's Roads